Best Packing Tips!

C.M.O

We are travelling with our 6 month old in a few weeks. We read this great article that gives some fantastic tips when you travel with babies. We are going to pack each of her outfits in a ziploc bag filled with one outfit, one bib, socks, and a few diapers...it creates more space in the suitcase and you can grab one or two bags and throw it in the diaper bag when you go in the parks! Getting very excited for our trip!! And obviously you have to pack your Mickey Ears :)

That's what I do with my daughters clothes. It makes getting dressed so much easier. She just pulls out the bag labeled Monday and puts everything on. Then the dirty clothes go in there. Everything stays neat and tidy and no trying to figure out what she is wearing.

Cogworthfangal85

I'll have to remember this when I pack for my fall trip. I know I'm packing my two Disney t-shirts (one's a Mary Poppins on Tour-thinking to wear to Epcot just for the heck of it-and the other's a black shirt w/ Mickey on it-might become part of my Halloween costume unless I find a shirt I like better.)

Weather_Lady

We are travelling with our 6 month old in a few weeks. We read this great article that gives some fantastic tips when you travel with babies. We are going to pack each of her outfits in a ziploc bag filled with one outfit, one bib, socks, and a few diapers...it creates more space in the suitcase and you can grab one or two bags and throw it in the diaper bag when you go in the parks! Getting very excited for our trip!! And obviously you have to pack your Mickey Ears :)

We do a variation on this for our older kids (5 and 7), since their clothes don't fit into bags anymore: I lay out a T-shirt with the arms folded in, place a pair of shorts, underwear and socks on top of it (I line the waistband of the shorts up with the neck of the shirt), and then roll them all up neatly together, smoothing out any wrinkles as I go, so it makes a tidy little cylinder shape. I then put the "rolls" side-by-side in a packing cube and zip it shut. When we "unpack" at the hotel, I just unzip the packing cube and set in in a dresser drawer, and the kids can easily select the "outfit roll" of their choice each day.

Last edited:

mweier

In addition to cel chargers for the room, we also bring a portable USB Battery charger for our day pack. Makes a huge difference especially if you use touring plans app or mm+ Throughout the day and you don't take breaks back to the resort every day.

This one can easily charge our phones in the park 5-6x between charges but look closely at the capacity (measured in mAh or milli-amp hours).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009USAJCC

With 10000 mAh and two iPhone 5's,we usually only have to recharge our charger battery 1x per trip.

DiSnEyF@n

Can you add a link to this article that you read??? I am taking my 6 month old this summer and would LOVE to read this article, too :) Thanks

dadddio

• Every trip, we end up heading over to a local WalMart to buy cheap Mickey Ts and miscellaneous junk. Since we buy these shirts, we can pack fewer.
  • We drive to Florida, so we bring along all of the beach toys/towels/etc rather than buying them there.
  • I worked in restaurants in high school and college and one thing that I learned was to always have two pairs of comfortable walking shoes. Those two pairs should not have the same sole design, however. If you swap between the two pairs daily, your feet won't hurt.
  • We pack enough disposable ponchos for each person to have one each day. We keep one 'set' in the park bag. If it rains, we don the cheapo ponchos. When it is done raining for the day (or we leave for the day), we throw them away. That way, we don't have to babysit big, wet ponchos. Leftovers are left in the suitcase for the next trip.
  • Throw several laundry detergent pods in a plastic bag. Pack maybe two or three times as many as you think that you will need. We got hit with a stomach bug on our last trip to WDW that made me need plenty of extradetergent, if you know what I mean.

Weather_Lady

Packing cubes!! Everyone has a different color, so when we unpack, the cubes just go in the drawers.

They're not actual cubes, but that's what they're called. Found them on ebags, I think.

I'm an ebags packing cube devotee, as well! They've made such an enormous difference in the efficiency of our packing and unpacking! I have the "pack it flat" ebags toiletry kit as well, and it's awesome. http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes/dept/accessories

(Edit: Sorry -- I just realized that I'd replied to this thread on multiple occasions in the past, touting my love of the packing cubes! I apologize for the repetition, but they really are cool. Who doesn't want their luggage to look like this?)
eBags-Packing-Cubes-Suitcase1-e1375630856886.jpg

Last edited:

DVCPluto

I'm an ebags packing cube devotee, as well! They've made such an enormous difference in the efficiency of our packing and unpacking! I have the "pack it flat" ebags toiletry kit as well, and it's awesome. http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes/dept/accessories

(Edit: Sorry -- I just realized that I'd replied to this thread on multiple occasions in the past, touting my love of the packing cubes! I apologize for the repetition, but they really are cool. Who doesn't want their luggage to look like this?)
eBags-Packing-Cubes-Suitcase1-e1375630856886.jpg

Sorry I didn't see your earlier posts! Love that there is another packing cube junkie like me. I love the feeling of grabbing the different colors, throwing them in drawers, and heading to the parks. :)

graphite1326

Here is my packing tip but it doesn't have anything to do with saving space. We always pack our favorite breakfast cereal. When we get there we buy some milk and put it in the frig. It saves time in the morning so we don't have to go down and stand in line for breakfast and it also saves money. Then when the box is empty we have a little room for what we bought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom