Best Moderate Resort???

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Hi all.

Going to Disney in february for a week. Have current reservations at Pop Century, but was thinking of maybe changing over to a Moderate if the AP rates are good then.

Anyways, which of the moderate is the best to stay at? They all look nice, but my main concern is busing. I HATED the bus servcie at Old Key West since there are so many stops. I stayed at Caribbean Beach about 8 years ago, but we had a car so didn't take the buses.

Which of the 3 moderates would you think is best?

Donfan

I've always liked Port Orlean - Riverside. Don't know why they changed the name. I preferred Dixie Landings.

Sorry to hear about the bus service at OKW. I'm planning on taking my family for our 40th anniversary there in a couple of years.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

I like CBR, since you stayed there already you know that there are 7 bus stops, Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royal, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. If yoy stay at CBR I would avoid Trinidad south as it is further away from the food court and the last bus stop if the buses are using the side entrance.

POFQ is the smallest to the mods, but you also stop at POR. Some runs make 4 stops at POR other just the 1 main stop.

Overall I would choose CBR or POFQ.

Upvote 0

Christina

Hmmm...

I'm going to take in consideration the season here...

Well, here in Canada it's still winter... but then again here its winter all year around. But I'D say if the weathers still a bit chilly (I mean for Florida how cold can you get) stay at the POFQ cause its very well themed during "WINTER" and its very small and nice and homey when the weather still isn't up to swimming time.

If, however, it was the summer I'd recommend you stay at CBR because it IS my all time favorite of the mod resorts... but MEH, since its Febuary and hey, you might as well try something new, try anything in PO.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I'm fairly certain that all of the moderates have multiple bus stops.

The value resorts, however, have only one. You don't get the grand tour of the resort every time.

If having to cycle through multiple internal stops makes you nutty, perhaps you'd be better off at a value and using the $$ savings for a nice dinner. OR plan on a rental car if you stay at a mod.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Regarding the one-stop in Value Resorts mentioned above. Some buses at All-Stars do stop at all three All-Star resorts. Which may still be better than the multiple stops at moderates, but sometimes it's not just one stop. That's why I prefer All Star Sports among the All-Stars. It's first on and first off.
Of course, I haven't stayed at Pop Century yet.
As to the moderates, Carribean Beach Resort has most central location.

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

Port Orleans=Yuck, I coudln't stand it there :brick:

I loved Caribbean Beach, and it's still my favorite moderate resort. If not Caribbean then I would stay at Coronado :) I loved both for their own different things, but I would definitely reccomend Caribbean :)

Upvote 0

krazyjon

Port Orleans - Riverside is not only the best moderate, it's also our favorite of the Disney resorts. There are multiple bus stops, but if you've ever stayed at the 50's building of Pop, you know that can be a good thing. The grounds are lovely, the CM's great, the food court is central, the pool is nice, and the Disney magic is plentiful. We also enjoy the water taxi to DTD which is unique to that resort. A must.

Upvote 0

JJHale

Gotta be Port Orleans Riverside. Beautiful landscaping, great foodcourt, and breakfast at Boatright's is fantastic! Disney magic all around. I especially love to walk along the river early in the morning, very peaceful and relaxing. It's a great way to start a Disney day!

I have some pretty good pics from our trip in August. If I can figure out how to attach them I'll post a few.

(And yes, in my heart it will always be Dixie Landings!) :D

Upvote 0

plutoguy32

For Scenery and tranquility, I would have to say Port Orleans Riverside. It is a very beautiful resort and if you like to go to DTD, the water taxi is great. I have stayed at CBR many times and enjoy it also, but it always seems to be busier and more noisy. Riverside gets my vote! :wave:

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

Of the moderates, I have only stayed at CB, which was very nice, but I wish it had a better hot tub. It was a bit crowded, and a bit if a walk from our room. After a long day of walking, it feels great to soak. Does anyone know how the hot tubs are at the other mods?

Upvote 0

bhg469

i would say coronado springs althought i dont like sharing that info because it is so laid back and quied i hope that resort never gets popular. I stayed twice at CBR and hated it. if i wanted crowds and kids running everwhere i would stay at the parks. i want my hotel to be toned down a few notches and thats that CS is.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

It has to be Port Orleans Riverside. I know that you're mainly interested in the buses and I feel that the other posters have covered tht subject thoroughly, but another one of your considerations is probably the pool. POR's pool ('Ol Man Island), according to The Disney Magazine, has the 2nd best pool in all of WDW. The only pool rated higher was behind Stormalong Bay. Sorry that this is not an exact answer to your resort question, but hopefully this helps you out.

Upvote 0

LisaStockman

We have just returned from a 2week stay at POR and it was fantastic.
I faxed in advance and requested to stay in Magnolia Bend in Oak Manor and my request was granted. We stayed in room 9099 and it fantastic.
The room was spotlessly clean and the maid left little several goody bags of soaps and shampoos for us.
The Food Court and Full Service Dining Hall 'Boatwrights' were excellent and the boat service to Downtown was wonderful.
The resort is so peaceful after a busy day in the theme parks and the grounds are gorgeous,.
I would recommend this resort to anyone and would gladly stay here again and again.
It is also in a convenient location to get to Epcot and Downtown. A very short drive away.
Pick POR... it's great

Lisa

Upvote 0

Jekyll Baker

Of the 4 moderates, I like POFQ the best. Nice, quiet, scenic and compact. And if you can stay in building 7, you're pretty much just as far from POFQ's main building as you are from POR's main building, so you can enjoy the convenience of either one (if you don't mind the 5 minute walk :)). Also, the boat ride from POFQ/POR to Downtown Disney is quite relaxing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom