Best Moderate Resort???

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Hi all.

Going to Disney in february for a week. Have current reservations at Pop Century, but was thinking of maybe changing over to a Moderate if the AP rates are good then.

Anyways, which of the moderate is the best to stay at? They all look nice, but my main concern is busing. I HATED the bus servcie at Old Key West since there are so many stops. I stayed at Caribbean Beach about 8 years ago, but we had a car so didn't take the buses.

Which of the 3 moderates would you think is best?

togasports

I would also say POFQ. Its extremely close to EPCOT and Studios. Or, You could spend half your time at Pop Century and the other half at a deluxe. It would be about the same price. I recommend the Polynesian. There are many threads on this.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

WDWKat26 said:
Port Orleans=Yuck, I coudln't stand it there :brick:

I loved Caribbean Beach, and it's still my favorite moderate resort. If not Caribbean then I would stay at Coronado :) I loved both for their own different things, but I would definitely reccomend Caribbean :)

Just curious, what did you find so "yucky" about it?

Upvote 0

bhg469

mrtoad said:
Just curious, what did you find so "yucky" about it?

i can speak for myslef here because our room's air conditioner vent had mildew all over it very thick too. is something they immediately cleaned but it was very bad and should not have been left in that state especially when mildew can wreak havock on allergies

Upvote 0

mrtoad

bhg469 said:
i can speak for myslef here because our room's air conditioner vent had mildew all over it very thick too. is something they immediately cleaned but it was very bad and should not have been left in that state especially when mildew can wreak havock on allergies

That is bad, I agree 100%. On our last trip in January of this year we saw several things we did not think to be like the WDW we have known and loved for 30 years. I mean all over WDW.

As for POR, it is currently being rehabed which was overdue. It is such a nice resort and it is a shame they waiting so long.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there!!!!!!! As I have said before I think all of the Moderates have something to offer and each has its own brand of charm and theming. I know because I have stayed at all 4!!!! If you are specifically looking for not too many bus stops I would recommend Port Orleans Riverside. French Quarter isnt bad either but you may be the first stop and have to go thru the 4 in Riverside as well. Coronado also only has 4 stops but the Animal Kingdom bus ALWAYS go to Blizzard Beach as well which can be annoying. I think you will be happy regardless of which one you choose, you will be in Disney!!!!!! Make sure you speak to Pam as soon as possible. She may be able to help you as far as discount information goes!!! Belle

Upvote 0

bhg469

mrtoad said:
That is bad, I agree 100%. On our last trip in January of this year we saw several things we did not think to be like the WDW we have known and loved for 30 years. I mean all over WDW.

As for POR, it is currently being rehabed which was overdue. It is such a nice resort and it is a shame they waiting so long.

i agree that was the only bad thing i can say about POR but i only stayed there once. I have never had anything bad at coronado and i thought the transportation was hands down the best of any resort.

Upvote 0

Pooh88

If you had trouble with buses don't go with CB. Last November we waited almost an hour for our shutle and one lady missed her Princess breakfast....Everything else about it is fine though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom