Best Moderate for location AND transportation

riogirl

We are planning our first October trip this year and are looking to stay at a moderate this time since we are only coming down for a few days. I have been to the World 15+ times and have stayed at Contempo, and Wilderness Lodge and carribean beach and coronado springs...but since, I have heard alot about other moderates being great. Also any word on the dolphin and swan?

I am specifically looking for newly remodeled, good transportation to the parks and nice layout/food. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

kasey1988

We re staying at pofq, I have heard it has been reciently remodeled, small and has boat transportation to DDT and busses to other parks.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

french quarter or riverside?? Im confused with both...location and size seem to be the differnce?

French quarter is the smaller of the two... Riverside is larger, both have counter service options, but riverside has a sit down restaurant. Both use busses and boat transportation to dtd(share a boat).. Hey ate itching walking distance to each other and you can use the amenities at each resort(including pool).

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Coronado Springs -Short ride to all the parks, it doesnt share buses with any other resort and is smaller than the other two moderates so the buses are rarely as packed.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Way Down to Port Orleans.

Well,stayed at FQ once and this year will be third time at RS.Both resorts updated to QS beds,both have boats to DTD. Both are nearest to MK. But I reckon food court is better at RS.But hey!what ever your choice is you'll love both resorts.:wave:

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Coronado Springs for location and transportation. Hands down.

It is centrally located, has the best driving times to parks out of all the moderates, and in my 4 stays there I have never had to wait for a second bus when going back to the resort after park close. (This could definitely just be luck). The horrible location and transportation at POR are one of the reasons we did not enjoy our stay there and have since returned to CSR.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Only stayed at CSR and found the buses to be excellent. I think it helps that it is a convention resort because a lot of the rooms are taken by non-park guests. imho

Upvote 0

vjgraham

Either of the Port Orleans resorts will fit the bill. POFQ is smaller, less crowded bus service, all rooms renovated with queen beds, flat screen tvs, and bathroom remodeled. PORS is being renovated with same amenities but only 2/3 done so far. Should be done by the time you go though. Does have a sit down restaurant but is also larger and may require more walking.

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

Just stayed at POFQ and we loved it! We never shared a bus with POR. Sometimes it was crowded, but it wasn't bad at all. We only went to MK and DHS since it was a very short trip, but the ride was not far at all! The resort is just beautiful in general.

I also noticed POFQ was very quiet, but when we would walk over to POR I noticed alot more people there..maybe because there is more going on at Riverside?

No matter what decision you make I'm sure will be great!

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. Microwaves are available at check in only upon request.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool. The also have movies, campfire and activities at the main pool area on a daily schedule.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

durangojim

The one time we stayed at PORS (never again) was during mid September when the crowds were light and the bus service was horrible. It took over an hour to get a bus to MK one morning. That's one of the main reasons we'll never stay there again. YMMV though and a lot of people like it, just not us.

Upvote 0

lebeau

We have stayed at CSR and POR. Bus service at POR was terrible the week we stayed! To the point where I am reluctant to stay there again. CSR was fine.

Upvote 0

smhurlb

Check off site too

I stayed at the Caribbe Royale Twice with a rental car. Was faster than Disney Transportation. Awesome pools. Multiple on site dining choices and close to a lot of cool and less expensive dining and entertainment options. Particularly if you'd like a day at Sea World or Harry Potter....

Oh, and the rooms are suites at the same price or better than a Disney Moderate.

Upvote 0

LizC

I am also going down in October. I will be staying at The Swan. I have tried some of the other moderate resorts and have found that for the money I much prefer the Dolphin or Swan. The location is great, especially with the food and wine festival going on at that time and it feels like a much nicer hotel.
It really depends on how important it is to you to have that "disney feel" in your hotel. I personally love the Swan and Dolphin (the Swan being my favorite) and I do not feel that it takes anything away from the "disney feel" of my vacation. But that is me, I have heard some people on this site totally disagree.
Whatever you decide have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom