Best Marvel Ride in Orlando

What is the best Marvel ride in Orlando?

• Doctor Doom’s Fearfall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm Force Accelatron

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OG Runner

You complain that Spiderman is all screens when that's wxacy what Guardians is.

I did not complain about Spiderman's use of screens. I like Spiderman a lot, even more than Transformers.
I only mentioned the screens in comparing the similarities Spiderman has with other rides in the Universal parks.
Please read before you react.

bhg469

Sorry my dude but you are not paying attention. Ride them all multiple times. All screen rides, (you may even be able to include Fallon)
At some point you simulate a long drop and then out into space. You are right in that Simpsons and Minions do not stop at scenes and then go the exact same way but the method the screens and motion of the ride vehicles are used to produce very similar experiences.
(Points for not saying Spiderman is not the same as Transformers, because they are exactly the same.)
I don't spend a ton of time on this forum anymore and I don't believe I have had any interaction with you before but this is pretty laughable... The use of screens was abundant in Universal but you compared rides that have nothing in common except for some screens... By that comparison you might as well say forbidden journey and escape from gringotts are similar as well.. Its simply not true.

Again, it has been discussed before and people in the know can tell you the differences between transformers and spiderman... If memory serves me correctly @marni1971 broke it down before. He's definitely much more knowledgeable than either of us.

lazyboy97o

Sorry my dude but you are not paying attention. Ride them all multiple times. All screen rides, (you may even be able to include Fallon)
At some point you simulate a long drop and then out into space. You are right in that Simpsons and Minions do not stop at scenes and then go the exact same way but the method the screens and motion of the ride vehicles are used to produce very similar experiences.
(Points for not saying Spiderman is not the same as Transformers, because they are exactly the same.)
A tracked dark ride is not the same as a stationary simulator. Even the types of simulator vehicles used are very different in their operation and range of movement.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D has similar story beats as The Amamzing Adventures of Spider-Man but they are nothing close to being the same beyond using the same ride vehicle. The biggest difference is that Spider-Man is all on one level while Transformers is spread across three levels (two for show and a facility basement).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope. They are not.

It so happens I have this handy graphic to hand to demonstrate how different they are to each other. Left is Spider-Man, right is the two storey Transformers ride. The fact you thought them to be identical possibly suggests how well the latter was designed if you didn’t realise it’s actually on two floors.

B5823EF0-CFFA-4F55-9DB4-7035F46EF7DC.jpeg

Last edited:

J4546

Spiderman in Universal is great and Id say better than the Disney Web Slingers (even though I like WS and really enjoy the interactivity of it) but isnt the Universal Spiderman ride also twice as big?

yeti

Spider Man is the best of these by a country mile. I love Guardians but it doesn’t compare at all, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom