Best Marvel Ride in Orlando

What is the best Marvel ride in Orlando?

• Doctor Doom’s Fearfall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm Force Accelatron

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

celluloid

If you get a reservation and don’t use it, you aren’t doing any harm. Someone with a later reservation will just get to ride instead.

Agreed on the other two points.

It is hurting in the sense that someone may have attempted and would not be able to ride it as the spots were booked up but they could not stay and try for one.

No Name

It is hurting in the sense that someone may have attempted and would not be able to ride it as the spots were booked up but they could not stay and try for one.
Well I just fail to see how someone who can’t wait until the 1pm drop is part of the “people who really want it.” Someone else who is more committed to riding the attraction will get the spot.

celluloid

Well I just fail to see how someone who can’t wait until the 1pm drop is part of the “people who really want it.” Someone else who is more committed to riding the attraction will get the spot.
Well let's put it in this perspective for this scenario then to show it does have impact:

Someone from Idaho is at the park and at 7am before leaving their hotel room tries at 7 but just misses it. 30 people who nabbed one did not show up stayed home(or did some thing else) instead even though they nabbed one.
The disappointed visitors from Idaho try again at 1 but did not get it. They should have had it at 7 and did not get it at 1. They tried harder than the people who did not show.

Yes, people not showing up for their morning set does have an effect. Not a major one but one none the less.

Jrb1979

Seeing things like that happen and it's no wonder Disney doesn't like AP holders.

fgmnt

I don't know what this says about me, but I still think the DHS Tower of Terror and TAASM at Islands of Adventure are the two best attractions ever built. Incredibly well-designed show and endlessly reridable attractions. Forbidden Journey, Rise, FoP... all great technical achievements but not the real lightning in a bottle Tower and Spider-Man are.

James.Green

I don't know what this says about me, but I still think the DHS Tower of Terror and TAASM at Islands of Adventure are the two best attractions ever built. Incredibly well-designed show and endlessly reridable attractions. Forbidden Journey, Rise, FoP... all great technical achievements but not the real lightning in a bottle Tower and Spider-Man are.
Agreed. They are up there with Splash Mountain, Pirates, and HM for me. With all of those, it’s not just the ride, not just the sets, not just the story or soundtrack, but all of it coming together with such care and perfection, that you get a masterpiece. The ones you listed at the end (HP, Avatar, Rise) are all good, or even very good, but there is definitely an element missing.

No Name

Well let's put it in this perspective for this scenario then to show it does have impact:

Someone from Idaho is at the park and at 7am before leaving their hotel room tries at 7 but just misses it. 30 people who nabbed one did not show up stayed home(or did some thing else) instead even though they nabbed one.
The disappointed visitors from Idaho try again at 1 but did not get it. They should have had it at 7 and did not get it at 1. They tried harder than the people who did not show.

Yes, people not showing up for their morning set does have an effect. Not a major one but one none the less.
But if 30 people who nabbed one at 7 don’t show up, then 30 other people will get to ride later in the day. In fact, the 1pm drop would be larger, so this time that family from Idaho would get it, assuming they operate at the same speed as they did at 7. The same number of people ride regardless.

celluloid

But if 30 people who nabbed one at 7 don’t show up, then 30 other people will get to ride later in the day. In fact, the 1pm drop would be larger, so this time that family from Idaho would get it, assuming they operate at the same speed as they did at 7.
They MIGHT.

I don't get what your point is. You stated earlier People not showing up have no effect, but it does. People nabbing it and not showing up can have a negative effect. That is all I was pointing out and you now agree. Not the severity of it but that was not my point. That family lost spots at 7 to 1 drop since they were actually there vs people who knew they may not show up and booked one anyway.

No Name

They MIGHT.

I don't get what your point is. You stated earlier People not showing up have no effect, but it does. People nabbing it and not showing up can have a negative effect. That is all I was pointing out and you now agree. Not the severity of it but that was not my point. That family spots at 7 to 1 drop since they were actually there vs people who knew they may not show up and booked one anyway.
I don’t agree! And I never once said that it has no effect, just no NEGATIVE effect. The fact that 30 people have to wait until later in the day is offset by the fact that everyone else gets to ride a few seconds/minutes earlier. The same number of people, and really the same type of people, end up riding either way.

celluloid

I don’t agree! And I never once said that it has no effect, just no NEGATIVE effect. The fact that 30 people have to wait until later in the day is offset by the fact that everyone else gets to ride a few seconds/minutes earlier. The same number of people, and really the same type of people, end up riding either way.

Well then that is just subjective arguing.

If will have a negative effect on the family who tried harder by actually being there and having to hope for maybe later in the day.

The party or family wanting to ride could have ridden in the morning but have to leave for some reason later in the day are negatively effected by those who Disney expected to show up in the first half of the day but never did. It is not just a standby waiting list. 30 people not showing up don't just move others into next as a priority.

The same way riding hours later than your boarding time is allowed, but it is likely going to negatively effect someone.

Last edited:

DisneyAndUniversalFan

If will have a negative effect on the family who tried harder by actually being there and having to hope for maybe later in the day.

The party or family wanting to ride could have ridden in the morning but have to leave for some reason later in the day are wildly effected by those who Disney expected to show up in the first half of the day but never did. It is not just a standby waiting list. 30 people not showing up don't just move others into next as a priority.

The same way riding hours later than your boarding time is allowed, but it is likely going to negatively effect someone.
Egg loves to argue with people, @celluloid. He loves to dwell on the negative. A whole lotta subjective arguing.

The Lochness Monsta

Definitely Spiderman, the others pale in comparison. Especially Storm's Tea Cups and Kiddie Tower of Terror. Guardians had a chance, but they made it too boring looking.

No Name

The party or family wanting to ride could have ridden in the morning but have to leave for some reason later in the day are negatively effected by those who Disney expected to show up in the first half of the day but never did. It is not just a standby waiting list. 30 people not showing up don't just move others into next as a priority.

If you ride hours later than your boarding time, that means everyone who would’ve been after you gets called slightly earlier. It balances out. And again we’re back to this family who had to leave later in the day being an example of a family committed to riding, which I don’t understand. But yes, it will have a negative effect on that specific family.

It’s a discussion forum and we’re having a civil discussion. @DisneyAndUniversalFan didn’t understand sarcasm in one or two of our conversations and unfortunately seems to have a grudge against me. I’m not sure you should let that influence you.

celluloid

If you don't understand reasons why later in the day may be harder than earlier in the day and why you would try for that, Than you have an easier going family dynamic than most and or do not have kids.

bhg469

Spiderman is the same ride as Transformers, very similar to The Simpsons and Minions.
Overall Guardians has them all beaten.
Sorry my dude but have you been on spiderman? Because it is nothing like the Simpsons or Minions... Heck one could make an argument that Transformers has some subtle differences from spiderman as well but that is something that someone more familiar with the ride system can explain but I know there is a lift involved on transformers.

OG Runner

Sorry my dude but have you been on spiderman? Because it is nothing like the Simpsons or Minions... Heck one could make an argument that Transformers has some subtle differences from spiderman as well but that is something that someone more familiar with the ride system can explain but I know there is a lift involved on transformers.
Sorry my dude but you are not paying attention. Ride them all multiple times. All screen rides, (you may even be able to include Fallon)
At some point you simulate a long drop and then out into space. You are right in that Simpsons and Minions do not stop at scenes and then go the exact same way but the method the screens and motion of the ride vehicles are used to produce very similar experiences.
(Points for not saying Spiderman is not the same as Transformers, because they are exactly the same.)

Jrb1979

Sorry my dude but you are not paying attention. Ride them all multiple times. All screen rides, (you may even be able to include Fallon)
At some point you simulate a long drop and theis n out into space. You are right in that Simpsons and Minions do not stop at scenes and then go the exact same way but the method the screens and motion of the ride vehicles are used to produce very similar experiences.
(Points for not saying Spiderman is not the same as Transformers, because they are exactly the same.)
You complain that Spiderman is all screens when that's wxacy what Guardians is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom