Best location at POP?

Disney Daddy

Morning folks! I actually have a few questions for you all.

I am trying to figure out how to go about making room requests for POP Century. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I would like to get my request in.

Obviously, I am looking for the quietest part of the resort that is also close to the Classic Hall. I did pay extra for a preferred location. I am also thinking I would like to have a room on the first floor because I really don't feel like lugging that heavy double stroller up all those stairs. Are there elevators at POP?

Now, my other question is...how do I actually go about making the room request? Do I fax it into POP directly? If so, does anyone have their fax number? I am 11 days out from arrival...is it too late to make a room reservation?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!

--Buzz

nancy33458

You can actually make the request to a CM over the phone and I also heard you could fax but they say not until the night before. I have always been pretty lucky and got close to what I want when I have let them know over the phone. If you want quiet you don't want a first floor room everyone walks by to go to the pool, food, to play etc. ask for a second floor room if you want the quiet. As far as the actual building that one I don't know.
Have a great trip, I am leaving in 7days.

Upvote 0

Journey

I know EXACTLY how you feel! Enjoy it! I hope you have a wonderful time, what am I saying, I know you will!!!

I have no Idea when i will be back, that is why I come here! :ROFLOL: I have to keep up with the news!

Upvote 0

krankenstein

The preferred rooms at Pop are scattered around the 70's, 60's and 50's. I recommend you request 70's building 10 (AKA The Big Wheel building). The thing I like about the 70's is the lack of a pool which drasically cuts down on the noise. You are also a VERY short walk from Everything Pop (food court) and the buses.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

i stayed at pop in 2006 and we were in the 60's building i loved it but it was defiantly not quiet lol the noise from the pool and the comings and goings of the main hall can get a little bit loud lol it didn't bother me in the least i am a city girl and used to noise but if you are looking for quite i would go with 70's like a earlier poster said also the first floor is often louder from traffic the buildings do have elevators everywhere so any floor is just as convenient have a great trip!!

heather

Upvote 0

krankenstein

That's the information that I am looking for. Now, I just need to get the fax number. I will be calling customer service today to make my request with them as well.

The Disney resorts no longer take requests by fax. You will have to call central reservations and they will make a note of it on your reservation. :wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

And one question from the OP that hasn't been answered yet: Yes, all buildings at Pop have elevators. They're located in the center of the buildings, behind the large icons.

-Rob

Upvote 0

addcogulf

All buildings in Pop Century have elevators.The best area for you is the seventies, building 10 near the big wheel, on the ground floor because that means less walking. Besides being near classic hall, it is also near the bus stops and a short walk to the main pool. You can call reservations to book the room and tell them your requests, then call Pop itself and ask for room requests about seven days or so before you arrive.

Upvote 0

wdwCC

I have heard the 70's building is better, but we stayed in the 60's and it was fine. While the room overlooked the pool, it was on the top floor so pool noise wasn't an issue. Short walk to food court, and busses.

Upvote 0

peteyboy

We stay in the 50's buildings, # 2 or #3 lake side second or third floor, looking toward the unfinished building. It's quiet, and if you are back at the room in time you can see the fireworks at Epcot.

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

Does actually arriving early help in getting your requests? Our plane should be arriving in Orlando around 9:30 so obviously real check in isn't for a few more hours but I was just wondering if I would be at a bit of an advantage at all.

Upvote 0

Teddi

Thanks for the response. I don't know how you are coping, but we are 11 days out and I am about to lose my mind with excitement!!!! I really don't know if I am going to last until our trip!!!!!

I am 14 days out! I'm excited to read about other posters who will be there at the same time!

Everyone has given you great advice. I stayed at POP last year and we actually had to move rooms during our stay (because we extended it). First we were in the 60's preferred room which for us was a loud and busy nightmare. It seemed like it was 100 miles from the parking lot when we brought our luggage in. Later we moved to the 50's and it was not a preferred room. It was MUCH quieter (this was in July too) and much closer to the parking lot (if that matters to you). It has the bowling pin pool and didn't really seem to be noticeably farther from Classic Hall than our "preferred" 60's room.

Here's a map of the grounds if you'd like to get an idea of where everything is: http://www.magicaltravel.com/pop_century_map.htm
Have a great trip!! :wave:

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

The Disney resorts no longer take requests by fax. You will have to call central reservations and they will make a note of it on your reservation. :wave:

So, can you call the actual resort a few days out and request something or is it only done through central reservations? I've never requested anything before so I don't even know how to go about it.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

So, can you call the actual resort a few days out and request something or is it only done through central reservations? I've never requested anything before so I don't even know how to go about it.

Both! I would go ahead and call central and have it added. About 5 days before the day you arrive I would call the resort to confirm that they have your requests.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom