Best Icecream at WDW!

RickEff

Hi, folks!

I'm curious about what you think the best place to get icecream is in The World.

My favourite is Beaches and Cream with Ghiradelli Soda Fountain a close second. But it occurs to me - I may have missed some!

So, what's your favourite icecream haunt?

Rick

PS - I feel it's completely appropriate, as an adult, to have icecream for dinner at WDW!

tink rules

I'm going for Ghiardelli, but I have to have an occasional ice cream bar in the parks too...

Dare I mention the Dole whip?????

I'm trying my first one in 9 days!!!!!!

Upvote 0

MissM

Dole Whip floats are by far the best in the park. Though of course, they're not actually dairy.

A close second in sheer yumminess is the banna split from Ghiardelli.

Yum!
-m

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

My favorite in Ghiradelli, but my most favorite place is off-site in the Crossroads, next to Jungle Jim's, The Marble Slab, they make all their ice cream home made on site.

Upvote 0

rainfully

I've had a chocolate malt at Beaches & Cream... yummy!

And I've had something at Ghiradelli... probably a sundae or something... that I enjoyed.

But nothing... even if it's not really "ice cream"... beats a Dole Float... oh dear lord... heaven in a little plastic cup... :slurp:

And PERFECT on a hot mid-afternoon!

Upvote 0

sheilaro

On the chance of sounding completely out-of-it, what is a Dole Whip? :confused: I've heard it mentioned here on the forum a few times...is it an ice cream shop or an ice cream treat of sorts?

Upvote 0

rainfully

sheilaro said:
On the chance of sounding completely out-of-it, what is a Dole Whip? :confused: I've heard it mentioned here on the forum a few times...is it an ice cream shop or an ice cream treat of sorts?

There's a stand in Adventureland called Aloha Isle that sells them... what it is is pineapple flavored soft-serve. And you can get a Dole Float which is the soft-serve over pineapple juice.... AMAZING!!! :slurp:

They also sell choclate and vanilla there, but really, who would want that?! :lol:

Upvote 0

sheilaro

rainfully said:
There's a stand in Adventureland called Aloha Isle that sells them... what it is is pineapple flavored soft-serve. And you can get a Dole Float which is the soft-serve over pineapple juice.... AMAZING!!! :slurp:

They also sell choclate and vanilla there, but really, who would want that?! :lol:
Thank you! Sounds wonderful! :slurp: I can't wait to try it next time I'm in WDW (which won't be until Oct '06).

Upvote 0

MissM

sheilaro said:
Thank you! Sounds wonderful! :slurp: I can't wait to try it next time I'm in WDW (which won't be until Oct '06).
It is! It's a can't miss. Dole Whips are famous. (Trust me, do a google search on "Dole Whip" and you'll find countless discussions praising their amazing greatness! :lol: )
-m

Upvote 0

daverube

Get the Dole Whip float in Adventureland at the Aloha Isle. Remember, it doesn't open until 11am...and you'll want several!!!

Make sure you get the PINEAPPLE ice-cream with pineapple juice, not the vanilla.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

RickEff said:
Hi, folks!

I'm curious about what you think the best place to get icecream is in The World.

My favourite is Beaches and Cream with Ghiradelli Soda Fountain a close second. But it occurs to me - I may have missed some!

So, what's your favourite icecream haunt?

Rick

PS - I feel it's completely appropriate, as an adult, to have icecream for dinner at WDW!
Beaches and Cream for sure! Although Kids say Dole Whips. Actually, skip the Dole Whip and get the Pineapple slice, Yum! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom