Best Icecream at WDW!

RickEff

Hi, folks!

I'm curious about what you think the best place to get icecream is in The World.

My favourite is Beaches and Cream with Ghiradelli Soda Fountain a close second. But it occurs to me - I may have missed some!

So, what's your favourite icecream haunt?

Rick

PS - I feel it's completely appropriate, as an adult, to have icecream for dinner at WDW!

dumboflyer

1. STRAWBERRY SWIRL at the Enchanted Grove next to Cosmic Ray & the teacups

2. Main Street ice cream (I don't think it's really that good, but they fool you with the nostaglic-ness and the yummy cinnamon smell that they pump out the door into Main Street)

3. Nestle Toll House Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich (fat grams = 23....you can't beat it)

4. Fantasyland Sundae in Cinderella's Royal Table (raspberry sorbet with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries on top and then chocolate sauce over top of it. You can make it at home. I wouldn't have put chocolate sauce with berries but it is AWESOME!)

Upvote 0

Ducky_Love

shoppingnut said:
my most favorite place is off-site in the Crossroads, next to Jungle Jim's, The Marble Slab, they make all their ice cream home made on site.

Really?!? I went there with my hubby once and an elderly couple was running the place.. they were having this loud argument behind the counter and didn't even LOOK at us! We just looked at each other and backed away slowly.. :lookaroun

My fave is Beaches n' Cream :sohappy:

Upvote 0

raven

Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in Tommorowland makes the best smoothies I've ever tasted! It's a small counter service right next to Star Traders. :wave:

Upvote 0

dandaman

1. Superbowl Sundae, ESPN Club

2. Nestle Toll House Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches, Ice Cream Carts

3. Dole Whips (though I've yet to have one, they look tasty as all getout :lol: )

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

1. Ghirardelli (the brownie and cookies and cream ice cream is OUTSTANDING)

2. Beaches and Cream. Kitchen sink, enough said.

3. Ginger and Red Bean Ice Cream (Ginger from Yakitori House; Red Bean from Lotus Blossum Cafe)

4. Toll House Ice Cream Sandwich (they just don't seem as good as they used to, but they are still really good.

5. A cookies-and-cream ice cream sandwich or classic Mickey Bar from a vendor

6. Dole Whip or the Orange-vanilla swirl in Adventureland

Upvote 0

tink rules

Ducky_Love said:
Really?!? I went there with my hubby once and an elderly couple was running the place.. they were having this loud argument behind the counter and didn't even LOOK at us! We just looked at each other and backed away slowly.. :lookaroun

If you ever get the chance... try Cold Stone Cremery.... It's incredible...but not on property....

Oh and I like the citrus swirl at Sunshine Tree..... :sohappy:

Upvote 0

GenerationX

There used to be this great little ice cream stand on the way from the boat dock to River Country. I don't know if it's still there, but it was the best ice cream I've had at WDW. I seem to remember a large, old fashioned looking churn next to the counter.

The best on Disney property is at DLR - the Haagen Dazs shop. MMMmmmm. :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

Irrawaddy Erik

Anyone remember the Goofy/100 years of magic Bar?

Chocolate ice cream with a layer of caramel coated in a hard chocolate shell...:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Ducky_Love said:

Wow what a terrible experience, there were young kids behind the counter when we were there. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I'm not a big ice cream eater, but my friend is and have been to Ghiradelli a few times, but we will have to try Beaches & Cream next time.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ice Cream

Beaches & Cream for sure....Gimme a FudgeMudslide!!!!

~heather

RickEff said:
Hi, folks!

I'm curious about what you think the best place to get icecream is in The World.

My favourite is Beaches and Cream with Ghiradelli Soda Fountain a close second. But it occurs to me - I may have missed some!

So, what's your favourite icecream haunt?

Rick

PS - I feel it's completely appropriate, as an adult, to have icecream for dinner at WDW!

Upvote 0

Aurora23

tink rules said:
If you ever get the chance... try Cold Stone Cremery....

They have these all over the US. Cold Stone, Marble Slab, Maggie Moo's... Give me ice cream anywhere as long as it's in WDW - and I'm happy! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom