Best Hotel for honeymoon?

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
Me and my financè are thinkeing about going to Disney World for our honeymoon in 2012. I know it's a bit far ahead, but since we live in Norway it's quite a lot of money that will go in to this trip, with airfare and so on, so planning is esential. I would love to get some tips about what Hotel is best for a honeymoon for delux, modreate and value categories. We will be staying for about 14 days.

Thaks a lot!:)

French Quarter

If money is no object, I would choose the Poly. I haven't been inside a room there but the ambience is incredible for a honeymoon. If you don't have quite that much money, I would absolutely recommend Wilderness Lodge. It is a beautiful resort and usually the cheapest of the deluxes. And the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom or monorail resorts is very romantic. Animal Kingdom Lodge would be great but I wouldn't recommend it for transportation reasons.

As for mods, you might want to look into Port Orleans French Quarter. It is such a romantic place! Think carriage rides, boat rides, scat lounge, etc.

The only value I would recommend is Pop Century. The All-Stars aren't nearly as nice in my opinion.

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
Thanks! We're not sure quite yet how much money we will be able to spend. We havn't look into wilderness lodge and port orleans yet, but will put them on our list:animwink:
There are just to many hotels to choose from! Really apriciate the help:)

dreamfinder

I think it really comes down to what you want to spend. Pick a price range, and then pick a hotel from that. If you are looking for something quiet and romantic, the values do not offer that at all. By design their architecture is "loud" and they often are noisy hotels. The moderates tend to be quieter, but are also usually spread out a bit. The deluxes tend to have the most unique setups and can often be romantic and quiet. If you want something that is more a home away from home, then you would want to look at the deluxe villa units.

To echo the PP, I would avoid the values for a honeymoon. POFQ is the best moderate in my opinion. I personally prefer AKL despite its distance from some parks, but WL is also very nice. Those two tend to cost less than the other deluxes.

toetheline29

I usually stay at Pop Century (a value resort) and while I love it for normal visits, you might want something with a different "feel" for a honeymoon. As others have said, if you can afford it, you may want to concentrate your search on the moderates and deluxes because they have a more romantic and relaxing atmosphere. Really, all the resorts are wonderful. There is no wrong choice. :) Bear in mind also that depending on the time of year you are there, you might be able to get some sort of room discount. This is especially true for value seasons (January/part of February, August/September/October, early December). Rooms will cost more during peak times of year (Easter, Christmas-New Years, Thanksgiving (which is always the fourth Thursday of November)), and there is less of a chance of a discount. It's way too early to be able to say when and if discounts will be available in 2012, but the ones right now are quite good - I've heard of people getting 40% off deluxe rooms. I would keep that in mind. Best of luck planning!

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
I think we'll go for one of the moderate, delux will just be too expensive (1$ is 6,5 Norwegian kroner...) I liked the look of POFQ and the price seemed good for two weeks:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Me and my financè are thinkeing about going to Disney World for our honeymoon in 2012. I know it's a bit far ahead, but since we live in Norway it's quite a lot of money that will go in to this trip, with airfare and so on, so planning is esential. I would love to get some tips about what Hotel is best for a honeymoon for delux, modreate and value categories. We will be staying for about 14 days.

Thaks a lot!:)

Consider the Swan and Dolphin. We regularly have offers (http://www.wdwmagic.com/specialoffers.htm) of around $130 - $150 per night. Its a true deluxe resort in a great location, and would be perfect for a honeymoon. The best bed on property, walkable to Epcot and the Studios, and not many kids around.

I think you may be our first member from Norway! Welcome!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We stayed on the Concierge Level at the Yacht Club for our honeymoon. Although, the honeymoon was a factor in our overall wedding budget.

And this was also 12 years ago.....:rolleyes:

dreamfinder

Consider the Swan and Dolphin. We regularly have offers (http://www.wdwmagic.com/specialoffers.htm) of around $130 - $150 per night. Its a true deluxe resort in a great location, and would be perfect for a honeymoon. The best bed on property, walkable to Epcot and the Studios, and not many kids around.

Steve has a good point. The Swan and Dolphin are both quality resorts, at reasonable prices. They do have some of the same amenities as the other Disney resorts, but not all. For instance, they do not participate in Disney's Magical Express service, and you cannot charge items in the parks back to your room. Those are two big differences, there may be others as well.

French Quarter

Having only walked around the Swalphin and not stayed there, I can say that a big difference is theming. While they both seem lovely, they have no apparent theme like the other Disney resorts. Unless, of course, they're simply going for the "nice hotel" theme. So, in that respect, they lack a little of the fun, I think. That being said, their dining options are apparently stellar, which might be important to you on your honeymoon.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Having only walked around the Swalphin and not stayed there, I can say that a big difference is theming. While they both seem lovely, they have no apparent theme like the other Disney resorts. Unless, of course, they're simply going for the "nice hotel" theme. So, in that respect, they lack a little of the fun, I think. That being said, their dining options are apparently stellar, which might be important to you on your honeymoon.

There are not many hotels where you can see Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, IllumiNations, the Boardwalk - all from the hotel. It really is a spectacular surrounding. It is true to say that if you are looking for a specific theme, you need to look elsewhere. If you are looking for a top notch resort, with great amenities, one of the best pools on property, and a more adult environment, it's well worth a look.

French Quarter

There are not many hotels where you can see Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, IllumiNations, the Boardwalk - all from the hotel. It really is a spectacular surrounding. It is true to say that if you are looking for a specific theme, you need to look elsewhere. If you are looking for a top notch resort, with great amenities, one of the best pools on property, and a more adult environment, it's well worth a look.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing. It looked fabulous, like I said. I was just piggybacking on the previous poster's post about how it differs from the Disney hotels.

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster

They look really lovely too!

Thanks! Didn't know I would be the first Norwegian!:sohappy:

MissTinkerbell

Original Poster
We stayed on the Concierge Level at the Yacht Club for our honeymoon. Although, the honeymoon was a factor in our overall wedding budget.

And this was also 12 years ago.....:rolleyes:

Yes, it's absolutly have to be a part of the overall budget:) We want to be able to stay a nice hotel, but also have extra spending money, and offcourse all that goes in to the wedding it self :animwink:
We, havn't set up a final budget yet, just looking at prices and thinking about what we think can be realistic:)
Planning a wedding is a lot more work than I had imagined!

slappy magoo

Definitely stay away from the Values if romance is something you're looking for in your honeymoon...and I'd like to think romance is something you WOULD look for in your honeymoon. They're adequate lodging, but not meant for couples in love.

POFQ would probably be your best bet for a "romantic" resort in the moderate category. I'm a big fan of Port Orleans Riverside, and the large grounds are great for long walks. But I know that, since the pool at Riverside is one of the best on property (Especially at that price range), it attracts more families. Besides, at the end of the night, when you're running to get back to the room, you don't want it to be a long run, do you? :D That's why I'm thinking POFQ may be the better bet, it's not as spread out...

But then again, the Riverside DOES have romantic carriage rides...

Hmmm...

wolf359

I would look closely at prices, and then select the resort with the most pleasing theme in that category.

It's hard to recommend a Disney resort not knowing what kind of theming would be most pleasing to you, because everyone has a completely different idea about what kind of resort would be romantic.

For example, we stayed at the Comtemporary for our honeymoon, and absolutely loved it. But it isn't an obvious choice, and one I doubt you'll hear often, but both of us have always wanted to stay there, and that desire easily won over more traditionally "romantic" resorts.

With a stay of 14 days, it would be hard to make my usual honeymoon recommendation of staying in a deluxe resort on the concierge level, because two weeks of that cost is prohibitively expensive.

It will take a little more planning, but I think planning a stay in more than one resort might be a cool way to get the best of all possibilities. Disney will move your luggage from resort to resort, so the switching shouldn't be too much of an issue. Perhaps your first two and last two nights in a deluxe resort, with the middle nights in a moderate resort?

Lottie

My fiance and I are also planning our honeymoon at the minute, for October 2011 and it will be our first time staying on-site. Our main consideration was money (if it wasn't, I'd be straight to the Polynesian!) so we decided to go for one of the moderates. I think if you plan on spending quite a lot of time in the parks etc rather than at your resort, a mod is the right way to go...unless you've always wanted to stay at a particular deluxe resort!

We THINK we've made our final decision now (haha!) to stay at POFQ. To be honest, I'm to-ing and fro-ing between Riverside and FQ and changing my mind every 2 minutes! But everyone seems to say FQ is more romantic, quieter and the transport is better. From all my research (and its been a LOT), I think this is the best moderate honeymoon option and you can still use the facilities at Riverside, carriage rides etc :)

Apparently, whichever you pick will be a good choice so just have fun looking into it!:D x

NYwdwfan

Just my 2 cents:

We stayed at Beach Club for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. The Boardwalk area is beautiful and very romantic to walk around and we walked over to EPCOT for almost every meal and to watch Illuminations each night. Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk - great area for honeymooners!

My hubby and I stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon in 2006. It was wonderful. We weren't able to afford a deluxe (I would have loved to stay at the Poly) but we weren't disappointed. It was a great atmosphere and nice and quiet and romantic as many have said. We enjoyed walking to PORS and we did the carriage ride, which was wonderful. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and remember a honeymoon at WDW, regardless of where you stay, is amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom