Best Hollywood Studios Attraction added to the park

What is the Best Hollywood Studios Attraction that has been just added to the park.

• Toy Story Land

Votes: 35 11.8%
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 52 17.5%
  • Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 210 70.7%

• Total voters

Rambozo

I maybe in the minority here, but I think Toy Story Land is a better section than Galaxy's Edge. It has 3 rides and now a table service.

.... Plus most important of all you feel like you're actually in the movie. We've never seen Batuu, so to me it doesn't feel like Star Wars.

TikibirdLand

I maybe in the minority here, but I think Toy Story Land is a better section than Galaxy's Edge. It has 3 rides and now a table service.

.... Plus most important of all you feel like you're actually in the movie. We've never seen Batuu, so to me it doesn't feel like Star Wars.
I don't seem to remember Andy building a roller-coaster in his backyard. Which Toy Story episode was that?
Batuu has that same problem; I don't recognize it. It resembles SW. But, not necessarily one I want to visit.

Both "lands" have the same problem: not enough to do. TSL does have 3 rides if you consider TSMM as part of the land now. There's so much room in both of these that they could have easily placed 1-2 more rides in each and still had room for the theming.

BTW, I think TSL's is goning to a QS restaurant. One themed like TSMM's queue.

Moth

MMRR is Superstar Limo tier, especially when you compare what came before it. Arguably the most shameful ride I've seen (and I just went on it yesterday!). Between poorly done AA that look awful (aside from Daisy I guess) from any side that isn't face on, a literally flat landscape, and genuinely being undeserving of the main spot in the park, this ride was a complete miss, especially after being on Rise just before, and Ratatouille the night before.

Galaxy's Edge is God touching the fingertips of Studios and is probably the best land in all of Disney I've been to (as of this writing, haven't seen Pandora)

Toy Story Land is alright I guess. Slinky Dog Dash is fun. Alien Saucers sucks though.

Last edited:

Rambozo

I don't seem to remember Andy building a roller-coaster in his backyard. Which Toy Story episode was that?
Batuu has that same problem; I don't recognize it. It resembles SW. But, not necessarily one I want to visit.

Both "lands" have the same problem: not enough to do. TSL does have 3 rides if you consider TSMM as part of the land now. There's so much room in both of these that they could have easily placed 1-2 more rides in each and still had room for the theming.

BTW, I think TSL's is going to have a QS restaurant. One themed like TSMM's queue.

Wah wah, very funny.

Toy Story is about Andy's toys first and foremost. Which we have seen in 4 movies. While Galaxy's Edge is a land we havent seen in a movie or show.

Of course we all would like more attractions, but we don't and have to live with what they gave us. Bottomline is... Toy Story has 2 great attractions, 1 off the shelf, a quick service and a table service. That's better than 1 great attraction that breaks down a lot, 1 crappy one, and a quick service.

BTW, Toy Story is getting a new table service restaurant.

UNCgolf

Wah wah, very funny.

Toy Story is about Andy's toys first and foremost. Which we have seen in 4 movies. While Galaxy's Edge is a land we havent seen in a movie or show.

Of course we all would like more attractions, but we don't and have to live with what they gave us. Bottomline is... Toy Story has 2 great attractions, 1 off the shelf, a quick service and a table service. That's better than 1 great attraction that breaks down a lot, 1 crappy one, and a quick service.

BTW, Toy Story is getting a new table service restaurant.

TSL doesn't currently have a table service restaurant. They're building one, but it's not open. And the kind of QS restaurants in GE are different (and much better) than the one in TSL, which is basically just a kiosk.

I don't think TSL has even one great attraction, much less two. Slinky is fine, but it's very lightly themed and you can get 95% of the experience at dozens of other places around the US -- it's basically an off-the-shelf coaster with a special ride vehicle. I think TSM is an absolute waste of space, but regardless of that, it existed well before TSL. It's not something they built as part of the expansion. MFSR is not good, but it's still better than all the Toy Story rides.

Galaxy's Edge could be a lot better than it is, but TSL is probably the worst use of space anywhere at WDW. It's massive and yet has very little to do with tons of vacant space that is now unusable because the area is so poorly designed.

Rambozo

TSL doesn't currently have a table service restaurant. They're building one, but it's not open. And the kind of QS restaurants in GE are different (and much better) than the one in TSL, which is basically just a kiosk.

I don't think TSL has even one great attraction, much less two. Slinky is fine, but it's very lightly themed and you can get 95% of the experience at dozens of other places around the US -- it's basically an off-the-shelf coaster with a special ride vehicle. I think TSM is an absolute waste of space, but regardless of that, it existed well before TSL. It's not something they built as part of the expansion. MFSR is not good, but it's still better than all the Toy Story rides.

Galaxy's Edge could be a lot better than it is, but TSL is probably the worst use of space anywhere at WDW. It's massive and yet has very little to do with tons of vacant space that is now unusable because the area is so poorly designed.

No , that's the restaurant I'm talking about.

I've just got facts on my side. Toy Story Mania is still one of the most popular attractions in all of Disney World. And Slinky Dog is lightyears better than GE's 2nd ride, which is a worse version of Star Tours.

UNCgolf

No ****, that's the restaurant I'm talking about.

I've just got facts on my side. Toy Story Mania is still one of the most popular attractions in all of Disney World. And Slinky Dog is lightyears better than GE's 2nd ride, which is a worse version of Star Tours.

You wrote your comment as though there was currently a table service restaurant and they're also building another.

You don't have facts on your side. Galaxy's Edge is far more popular than TSL, even though it's disappointing. People ride the attractions at TSL but there's nothing else to do, and it's an absolute disaster of a design.

As I said, Slinky is fun enough, but you can ride it in dozens of parks. It's basically just a standard family coaster. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, while incredibly disappointing itself, is a better ride than SDD because it's at least themed beyond the bare minimum.

Diamond Dot

I absolutely love Rise of the Resistance and would happily queue for up to 90 minutes for it, about the only ride I would do that for. I'm not fussed about the rest of Galaxy's Edge.
As for Runaway Train! So much fun! I'm a big fan of the recent Mickey Mouse cartoons on Disney+ so to be on a ride themed like them was marvellous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom