Best Hollywood Studios Attraction added to the park

What is the Best Hollywood Studios Attraction that has been just added to the park.

• Toy Story Land

Votes: 35 11.8%
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 52 17.5%
  • Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 210 70.7%

• Total voters

UNCgolf

I also suspect due to the size of this addition that GE was built with additions in mind.

My understanding (which certainly could be wrong) is that there's no really room to build any additions to it other than a table service restaurant -- which was part of the original design and I think remained in the build. I don't think they have a place to add additional rides or anything else.

Goofy Ninja

No offense, but the title is wrong, 2 of the choices are lands not attractions. I could understand if you said

"What is the best Land in Hollywood Studios?"

Galaxy's Edge or Toy Story Land???

or

"What is the best attraction in Hollywood Studios?"

Rise, RR or Slinky Dog???

djkidkaz

MMRR was pretty awful. I didn’t find the technology all that impressive. The “falling over the falls” didn’t create the sense of actually falling at all, you can see all the duct work in the ceiling of the building, the ending is anticlimactic, using the Ren & Stimpy looking Mickey Mouse characters, just the whole thing was not very impressive at all to me and a total miss from Disney. The pre-show effect was kinda cool though.

J4546

My understanding (which certainly could be wrong) is that there's no really room to build any additions to it other than a table service restaurant -- which was part of the original design and I think remained in the build. I don't think they have a place to add additional rides or anything else.
they could relocate the muppets area and use that for GE/star wars land expansion as well

jt04

Great idea, they could put it behind Sunset Market and retheme RnR to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

Surprised nobody has picked up on the news from the other site that ToT is getting a theatrical film. Or maybe Disney+.

Major implications for the attraction. Worthy of a separate thread. Predicted TZ would get replaced a couple years ago and now I think it is happening. So much better that a Guardians/Strange takeover of that corner of the park. Dr Teeth works much better. ToT sans TZ is a fine consolation prize compared to a GotG overlay. IMO.

owlsandcoffee

Surprised nobody has picked up on the news from the other site that ToT is getting a theatrical film. Or maybe Disney+.

Major implications for the attraction. Worthy of a separate thread. Predicted TZ would get replaced a couple years ago and now I think it is happening. So much better that a Guardians/Strange takeover of that corner of the park. Dr Teeth works much better. ToT sans TZ is a fine consolation prize compared to a GotG overlay. IMO.

It's entirely possible that the ride won't change at all. They had a film based on the ride in 1997 and they didn't change it then. Only issue would be the TZ license, but beyond that I see no reason to change it. I wouuuuld be fine with keeping the ride is and just removing Rod Serling and the TZ name.

jt04

It's entirely possible that the ride won't change at all. They had a film based on the ride in 1997 and they didn't change it then. Only issue would be the TZ license, but beyond that I see no reason to change it. I wouuuuld be fine with keeping the ride is and just removing Rod Serling and the TZ name.

Seems like this is more of a new possible franchise launch. Time will tell.

UNCgolf

they could relocate the muppets area and use that for GE/star wars land expansion as well

Well sure, but that's not something inherent to the planning of Galaxy's Edge. They could tear up part of Toy Story Land and expand over there too. Demolishing an existing building/area and replacing it is always an option.

matt9112

Y’all are crazy. Went to GE for the first time. From a guest perspective and not a fan, GE is straight up mind blowing. Resistants is by far the best attraction in the world for me and nothing is close. I suspect many of the haters in here haven’t even been to GE yet.
When you walk into GE and see the millennium falcon in this canyon, mind f’ing blown. Disney nailed this. I also suspect due to the size of this addition that GE was built with additions in mind.
Is it perfect? No, but what works works exceptionally well! 10/10!

It was actually scaled back from the orginal plans. The falcon looks cool but how many times can you take your picture in front of it before you want to move on? At night the land males up for some of the blandness i touched on as well. I have never been on rise. (Haven't won the 7am lottery) sorry if i put ride capacity into the judgment of a land but i do. Just like i will bash toy story land for its lack of shade until i am blue in the face. Rotr is probably the best dark ride on earth. Best ride ever? Thats a stretch. Tower of terror itself holds more water than GE. The milk drinks also fell flat. Although i did like the quick serve food. I also dont think lines to get into stores should have had to be a thing. Its almost like disney has no way to access there own attendance figures and build accordingly.

matt9112

Could be a different planet even. With a younger demographic than GE caters to and was designed around for the most part.
How young can you get? GE is already aimed squarely at kids. It legitimately alienates anyone over 25.

Lets just hope your wrong and call it a day.

jt04

How young can you get? GE is already aimed squarely at kids. It legitimately alienates anyone over 25.

Lets just hope your wrong and call it a day.

Let's see. Both attractions have a height requirement I believe. The aesthetics of the land are hardly toontown happy. Disney was very aware of this which is why TSL got built adjacent.

The cantina is obviously an adult establishment. The lightsaber build skews older so they built the droid building experience. Which, by the way, could be moved to a new planet easy enough.

I get what you are saying, but I also understand other points of view, that the land skews older. Just like TSL skews younger.

Just observations.

jt04

It was actually scaled back from the orginal plans. The falcon looks cool but how many times can you take your picture in front of it before you want to move on? At night the land males up for some of the blandness i touched on as well. I have never been on rise. (Haven't won the 7am lottery) sorry if i put ride capacity into the judgment of a land but i do. Just like i will bash toy story land for its lack of shade until i am blue in the face. Rotr is probably the best dark ride on earth. Best ride ever? Thats a stretch. Tower of terror itself holds more water than GE. The milk drinks also fell flat. Although i did like the quick serve food. I also dont think lines to get into stores should have had to be a thing. Its almost like disney has no way to access there own attendance figures and build accordingly.

Nothing a new planet couldn't help.

Ripken10

There is an expansion area inside GE. @marni1971 has referred to it many times (even showed a map with its location). This is in addition to the area earmarked for a table restaurant. If I remember correctly, the area is towards the center of park (perimeter of GE, toward center of park), where there is trees/berm. I believe he mentioned it is quite large for an attraction once one is ever built. I shouldn't speak for him, but this came up a lot as they were building the land.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

There is an expansion area inside GE. @marni1971 has referred to it many times (even showed a map with its location). This is in addition to the area earmarked for a table restaurant. If I remember correctly, the area is towards the center of park (perimeter of GE, toward center of park), where there is trees/berm. I believe he mentioned it is quite large for an attraction once one is ever built. I shouldn't speak for him, but this came up a lot as they were building the land.
Since its between Toy Story (1995) and Star Wars (1977) it has to be based on a movie released in 1986.

Obviously they are planning Ferris Bueller-land...

mysto

Since its between Toy Story (1995) and Star Wars (1977) it has to be based on a movie released in 1986.

Obviously they are planning Ferris Bueller-land...

Thrill to Disney's latest adventure ride "Ferris Bueler Back to the Spire". Join Ferris and his favorite living toys as they steal his dad's time traveling Delorean and escape the horror of Andy's Backyard for the relative safety of Black Spire Outpost! You'll never look at toys the same way again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom