Best Good Neighbour Resort/Hotel

bjoernb

Original Poster
Hi!

I wondered what the best Good Neighbour Resort might be. Any suggestions/experiences?

Any help is welcome!

Thanx

Bjoern:sohappy:

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm unfamiliar with the phrase. Do you mean the hotels near Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island? Or the Swan & Dolphin? If so, I've stayed at the Wyndham before...it was nice, but didn't really have the "magic." I prefer to stay on site as much as possible.

pixiedust32

I am also unfamiliar w/what hotels around Disneyland are included in there (they are not like Disney World where they really announce it )

However, if you give me a couple of the names you are thinking about I can let you know if they are good or bad - I live fairly close and will give u any input I may have. Send me a message or I will check the postings

bjoernb

Original Poster
According to the Disney website the Good Neighbor Hotels "Economy" are:

Best Western Stovall's Inn
Tropicana Inn
Anaheim Travelodge
Anaheim Ramada Inn
Best Western Pavillions
Conestoga at Disneyland Park
Ramada Maingate Saga Inn
Red Roof Inn Anaheim
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana

Maybe this helps you?

Bjoern

dianedisney

My Suggestion

For the Good Neighborhood Hotels I like; Westcoast Anaheim, Radisson Maingate, The Anabella, Carousel Inn and Suites, Candy Cane Inn and Portafino. It just kind of depends if you want a continental breakfast and so forth. Of all these I would suggest The Candy Cane. Hope this helps, have a Disney Day!!!:cool:

The Mom

Premium Member
He/She is asking about DL resorts. I'm afraid I got things steered in the wrong direction! Since I always check "new posts since your last visit" I overlooked the Disneyland heading. Sorry! :(

imamouse

Using search, I dug up this 6 year old thread on good neighbor hotels at DL. Since it's been so long, do the recommendations stand? Have any of the hotels 'slipped' or might be in need of a refrub? Have any been recently rehabbed?

I'm interested in a moderate good neighbor hotel as close as possible to DL. I've heard good things about the Howard Johnsons (only 1 block away). The Anabella also comes up a lot. What are the pros and cons of this hotel?

Any information would be appreciated. I am planning a visit in mid-Oct. Thanks!

nemofinder22

Hojos is a great choice, its about a 10-15 walk from Hojos to the DLR entrance plus another 5 to the actual park gates not that bad at all. The rates are extreamly well priced in the way its not over priced and not under. There getting a new water play area with slides and such opening in July/Aug 08. Great hotel clean, close and nice. Only down side is theres no on site food, but Mimi's Cafe it right across the street and they have the best blue berry muffins.

Cant comment on Anabella since I only stay ay Hojo's

hoppypooh

I agree with NemoFinder... HoJo's all the way! The property is beautiful, the rooms very well maintained and the staff helpful and friendly.

That hotel is consistently ranked among the top in the USA.

psuchad

Do NOT stay at the Anabella! I just got back from there and the service was terrible. The walls and ceilings are paper thin and when combined with hardwood floors in the rooms, well let’s just say sleeping was not good with the upstairs neighbor wearing high heels. They would not clean the room until around 5 to 6 PM. This was just the time we wanted to be in the room to freshen up for dinner. There were huge bugs in the room and don’t get me started on the poor service in their restaurant. And the day that a bell boy tried to break down our door at 9AM was unacceptable as well. When he found the door locked, he actually put his shoulder into it to break in. When I quickly opened the door, he realized he had the wrong room. Guess he forgot to knock first.

imamouse

Hojos is a great choice, its about a 10-15 walk from Hojos to the DLR entrance plus another 5 to the actual park gates not that bad at all. The rates are extreamly well priced in the way its not over priced and not under. There getting a new water play area with slides and such opening in July/Aug 08. Great hotel clean, close and nice. Only down side is theres no on site food, but Mimi's Cafe it right across the street and they have the best blue berry muffins.

Cant comment on Anabella since I only stay ay Hojo's

Thanks, Nemofinder22,for the endorsement and details (including the blue berry muffins - YUM!).

I agree with NemoFinder... HoJo's all the way! The property is beautiful, the rooms very well maintained and the staff helpful and friendly.

That hotel is consistently ranked among the top in the USA.

Thanks, hoppypooh. I didn't realize this property was ranked one of the best in the USA. I've had some so-so experiences with other HoJos, so this helps a lot.

Do NOT stay at the Anabella! I just got back from there and the service was terrible. The walls and ceilings are paper thin and when combined with hardwood floors in the rooms, well let’s just say sleeping was not good with the upstairs neighbor wearing high heels. They would not clean the room until around 5 to 6 PM. This was just the time we wanted to be in the room to freshen up for dinner. There were huge bugs in the room and don’t get me started on the poor service in their restaurant. And the day that a bell boy tried to break down our door at 9AM was unacceptable as well. When he found the door locked, he actually put his shoulder into it to break in. When I quickly opened the door, he realized he had the wrong room. Guess he forgot to knock first.

psuchad - OMG - I'm so sorry about your experience and thank you for the warning. I have crossed the Anabella off my list.

psuchad

psuchad - OMG - I'm so sorry about your experience and thank you for the warning. I have crossed the Anabella off my list.

Forgot to mention, for some reason somebody was requesting a room change every time I was in the lobby. From my experience, I can only imagine.

Its not on the cheap side, but the Hilton is the best. I stay there every New Years, and we love it. It have a great park view, its clean and really nice.

imamouse

I've only stayed at Paradise Pier (theme park view!) once, so compared to PP, how close are the Hilton and HoJo to the parks? It'd be great to get a good neighbor hotel will a view of the parks. Thanks, again :wave: .

DAKOTADISNEY

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in '05. We thought it was a nice hotel with very friendly staff. It is very close to HoJo's, which is across the street from Disneyland. We would stay there again. No continental breakfast though.

wilary

If you're looking for CHEAP, I can recommend the Ramada Limited Suites on S Harbor. They recently renovated so the rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly and they have free breakfast. The location is about 5 minute drive to the DL parking garage. It's not fancy, but the beds are comfy and the price is right.

JimboJones123

We switched from HoJo to Candy Cane in this week for August.

We weighed the water park for the kids against the 5 minutes + saved walking each way, not crossing the street, and free breakfast. We decided that Candy Cane fit our needs better for a 7 night trip with 8 day passes to DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom