1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Epcot restaurant

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by Ricap, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

Maybe they should serve Maryland cuisine in Epcot:

Crabcakes
    [​IMG]

Stuffed Ham
    [​IMG]

Smith Island Cake
    [​IMG]

Fried Chicken
    [​IMG]

Steamed blue crabs with Old Bay, spiced shrimp, Berger cookies, boardwalk fries, oyster dressing, Natty Boh. I could go on and on.....

2. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

I can agree with that, the food isn't anything special, though it's not as obscenely overpriced as some of the other not so special places. The atmosphere is nice though, especially if you can snag a seat at the river's edge.

However, some seats warrant this:

[​IMG]

It's almost too dark in some areas.

Schneewittchen likes this.
  3. I am Timmy

I am Timmy Well-Known Member

Our favorite Table Service - Biergarten (mine, entertainment & atmosphere)
    Teppan-Edo (DS24, DS21, food and live cooking show)
    Via Napoli (All, great pizza, atmosphere)
    Our favorite Quick Service - La Cantina de San Angel (All, food)
    Sommerfest or the cart that now sells them (Giant Pretzel)

4. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

My over all favorite country to dine in is Morocco they have one of the best if not the best CS restaurant Tangierine Cafe while Restaurant Marrakesh and Spice Road Table are both amazing and offer different types of TS dinning.

5. Plowboy

Plowboy Well-Known Member

Biergarten. We love the menu and the entertainment. The beer ain't bad either. I know some are put off by the communal seating, but, get over it.

GeoDonJac34 likes this.
  6. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom Well-Known Member

Someone finally named my favorite. Another I love, but only at lunchtime is Rose and Crown if you can get a table on the porch. I love watching the boats going across the lagoon, the ducks swimming around, etc.

7. MikeCat95

MikeCat95 New Member

Teppan Edo in Japan would be my favorite. La Hacienda is a close second, though.

8. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

I really like Mexico for food and France for dessert =) We had dinner in Morocco last visit and it was a unique (and tasty!) experience!

9. Party of Two

Party of Two Member

We tend to have a few firm faves, Tepan Edo, Lotus Blossom, Via Napoli, we used to like Le Celier but we went off it on our trip before last!

10. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

We love Rose & Crown, Beirgarten, Sunshine's Season, Le Cellier, Monsieur Paul. We liked Restaurant Marrakesh but it has been awhile since we ate there

11. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

It ain't ME that had a problem - it was the family I was seated with!

12. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

It all depends on what you like to eat, whether you prefer a quieter restaurant or live entertainment, al fresco or indoors, etc.!

Our favorites in Epcot have been Biergarten (for great live entertainment, a fun beer flight and a buffet with something for everyone - we enjoy the communal seating as it's fun to meet people from other places), the Coral Reef (but only with a good aquarium view - see below), Akershus (for dinner - I could have made a meal of the cold appetizer buffet all by itself) and for counter service, Tangierine Café.

Just a tip, particularly if you go somewhere with live entertainment, a focal point to see, or a potential for good views out the windows: sometimes the quality of your experience can have everything to do with where you are seated, so don't be afraid to speak up if you'd rather wait for a different table! We've been seated at Coral Reef on the top tier, end table, so far from the aquarium that we might as well have been eating at home with a fishbowl in the next room. At Restaurant Marakkesh, we were seated in a far corner behind a pillar, with coffee urns and potted plants totally blocking our view of the periodic live entertainment happening halfway across the restaurant. In both cases, we left sorely disappointed and feeling we'd wasted our time and money (even though our meals and service did not merit complaint), when what we should have done is politely ask if we could wait a little longer and get a better table. We've learned our lesson!

13. NeedMoreMickey

NeedMoreMickey Well-Known Member

I love Rose & Crown around 5:30-6:00 time. Can usually get a table with water view and it's before when most people try to get a table to watch the show.

14. Hockey89

Hockey89 Well-Known Member

Why do people have to "get over it".... Are you in charge or something?

15. GeoDonJac34

GeoDonJac34 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy Biergarten. It is the one restaurant that is a must do every trip for us. Little tip if paying out of pocket, book a late lunch, cheaper and basically the same menu.