Best Epcot restaurant

Chef Mickey

Have another pic:

San-Angel-Inn-Restaurant_Full_25174.jpg
It's a beautiful atmosphere, but even in this picture, you can tell how crammed the tables are. I am 6'4 and felt like I was on a flight in coach. The food was meh as well.

180º

Respectfully....you are mistaken. The entertainment is fun, but the food represents the region about as well as a Panda Express does Asian food.
Not sure that's quite a proportional comparison, though I know that same thing could be said about most Americanized Walt Disney World restaurants.

Disneyfan_76

Not sure that's quite a proportional comparison, though I know that same thing could be said about most Americanized Walt Disney World restaurants.
Very True. Guess I didn't mean for it to come across quite so harsh. I've eaten there twice and been very disappointed with the food. We had hoped the first time was an outlier, but unfortunately not. The food was bland and dry.

Schneewittchen

It's a beautiful atmosphere, but even in this picture, you can tell how crammed the tables are. I am 6'4 and felt like I was on a flight in coach. The food was meh as well.
I agree, it's cramped.

The best course of action is ordering margaritas until you can't taste the food and don't care that you're bumping into people. :angelic:

Schneewittchen

Respectfully....you are mistaken. The entertainment is fun, but the food represents the region about as well as a Panda Express does Asian food.
Not sure what dishes you've tried, but I find Moroccan couscous-based dishes are frequently bland... Not just at WDW, but at every Moroccan restaurant I've tried. I enjoy the soups, appetizers, bastilla, etc. But the entrees are frequently stewed meat on a platter of couscous. Tender, maybe tasty sometimes, but not knocking my socks off either.

KrzyKtty

Favorite would probably be Teppan Edo; however, we went to Via Napoli on our honeymoon years ago and loved it. Granted, we sadly aren't going to Teppan this time because we wanted to try some others. So this time we are trying Chefs de France and Akershus for the first time.

disneygeek90

I get very excited about Mexico.

I know a lot of people don't like the San Angel Inn, but I really dig the atmosphere. It's so romantical to have dinner with my honey with the view of the river and volcano. ;) It reminds me of Blue Bayou at Disneyland. Dim lights. Ride-water fumes. Nice music. The shrimp cocktail is pretty tasty and I enjoy the chicken enchiladas too. And my kids love it too - chips n salsa and a cheese quesadilla is all they need.

Also, Mexico has a margarita cart. Joy! And Cantina de San Angel has churros. Double-joy!

I really WANT to love San Angel, but I’m always disappointed. The Atmosphere is amazing and Mexican food is my all time favorite. But I always feel that the food selections and quality could be vastly improved.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I've long thought it bizarre that with an opportunity to showcase wonderful American food from all across the country for the millions of international guests visiting EPCOT, the best they can do is steak, burgers, and salad.
They're catering to picky Americans. It's a long walk from the Japan pavilion to the Electric Umbrella for Susie from Philadelphia who only eats chicken fingers and ketchup. I don't blame Disney for giving the guests what they want, I blame the guests for wanting it in the first place.

Picky eaters drive me insane. My daughter is two and her favorite food at WDW is Tangerine Cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom