Best Epcot restaurant

Schneewittchen

I've long thought it bizarre that with an opportunity to showcase wonderful American food from all across the country for the millions of international guests visiting EPCOT, the best they can do is steak, burgers, and salad.
Maybe they should serve Maryland cuisine in Epcot:

Crabcakes
crab-cakes-300x243.jpg

Stuffed Ham
pMaryland-Holiday-Stuffed-Ham-1x280.jpg

Smith Island Cake
Smith+Island+Cake+-Official+State+Dessert+of+Maryland.jpg

Fried Chicken
20150108-maryland-fried-chicken-vicky-wasik-17.jpg

Steamed blue crabs with Old Bay, spiced shrimp, Berger cookies, boardwalk fries, oyster dressing, Natty Boh. I could go on and on.....

ABQ

I really WANT to love San Angel, but I’m always disappointed. The Atmosphere is amazing and Mexican food is my all time favorite. But I always feel that the food selections and quality could be vastly improved.
I can agree with that, the food isn't anything special, though it's not as obscenely overpriced as some of the other not so special places. The atmosphere is nice though, especially if you can snag a seat at the river's edge.

However, some seats warrant this:

Link4_grande.jpg

It's almost too dark in some areas.

I am Timmy

Our favorite Table Service - Biergarten (mine, entertainment & atmosphere)
Teppan-Edo (DS24, DS21, food and live cooking show)
Via Napoli (All, great pizza, atmosphere)
Our favorite Quick Service - La Cantina de San Angel (All, food)
Sommerfest or the cart that now sells them (Giant Pretzel)

NiarrNDisney

My over all favorite country to dine in is Morocco they have one of the best if not the best CS restaurant Tangierine Cafe while Restaurant Marrakesh and Spice Road Table are both amazing and offer different types of TS dinning.

Simba's Mom

Biergarten. We love the menu and the entertainment. The beer ain't bad either. I know some are put off by the communal seating, but, get over it.
Someone finally named my favorite. Another I love, but only at lunchtime is Rose and Crown if you can get a table on the porch. I love watching the boats going across the lagoon, the ducks swimming around, etc.

drwadadli

We love Rose & Crown, Beirgarten, Sunshine's Season, Le Cellier, Monsieur Paul. We liked Restaurant Marrakesh but it has been awhile since we ate there

Weather_Lady

It all depends on what you like to eat, whether you prefer a quieter restaurant or live entertainment, al fresco or indoors, etc.!

Our favorites in Epcot have been Biergarten (for great live entertainment, a fun beer flight and a buffet with something for everyone - we enjoy the communal seating as it's fun to meet people from other places), the Coral Reef (but only with a good aquarium view - see below), Akershus (for dinner - I could have made a meal of the cold appetizer buffet all by itself) and for counter service, Tangierine Café.

Just a tip, particularly if you go somewhere with live entertainment, a focal point to see, or a potential for good views out the windows: sometimes the quality of your experience can have everything to do with where you are seated, so don't be afraid to speak up if you'd rather wait for a different table! We've been seated at Coral Reef on the top tier, end table, so far from the aquarium that we might as well have been eating at home with a fishbowl in the next room. At Restaurant Marakkesh, we were seated in a far corner behind a pillar, with coffee urns and potted plants totally blocking our view of the periodic live entertainment happening halfway across the restaurant. In both cases, we left sorely disappointed and feeling we'd wasted our time and money (even though our meals and service did not merit complaint), when what we should have done is politely ask if we could wait a little longer and get a better table. We've learned our lesson!

NeedMoreMickey

I love Rose & Crown around 5:30-6:00 time. Can usually get a table with water view and it's before when most people try to get a table to watch the show.

GeoDonJac34

I really enjoy Biergarten. It is the one restaurant that is a must do every trip for us. Little tip if paying out of pocket, book a late lunch, cheaper and basically the same menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom