Best Epcot restaurant

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
For TS Canada at Le Cellier and Italy at Via Napoli. For QS and snacks they all are great but our faves if I have to pick are America, Italy, Germany, UK, and France. ;)

Schneewittchen

I get very excited about Mexico.

I know a lot of people don't like the San Angel Inn, but I really dig the atmosphere. It's so romantical to have dinner with my honey with the view of the river and volcano. ;) It reminds me of Blue Bayou at Disneyland. Dim lights. Ride-water fumes. Nice music. The shrimp cocktail is pretty tasty and I enjoy the chicken enchiladas too. And my kids love it too - chips n salsa and a cheese quesadilla is all they need.

Also, Mexico has a margarita cart. Joy! And Cantina de San Angel has churros. Double-joy!

Last edited:

Otterhead

Rose & Crown for a great view of Illuminations and good beer.
Biergarten for wonderful dinner music, a hearty buffet, and my favorite atmosphere.
Nine Dragons for their house special General Gao's Chicken.
Outside of World Showcase, I'm fond of both Coral Reef and Garden Grill.

belledream

Oh gosh, so many choices. I think the best food I had was at Tutto Italia and Chefs de France. Le Cellier too, if you're looking to spend a little more.

Atmosphere...San Angel Inn...hands down.

Schneewittchen

Restaurant Marrakesh is fantastic.
Yea, you're right.
I forgot.
Restaurant Marrakesh is the most beautiful restaurant interior on property. Amazing tile work everywhere. And the food is pretty good, especially the chicken bastilla, hummus, and baba ghanoush. And Tangierine Cafe is a really solid quick service choice. The shawarma is really tasty.

Have a picture:

restaurant-marrakesh-epcot-interior-ceiling-2.jpg

Otterhead

Have another pic:
I adore the atmosphere of Mexico, love walking through the pavilion, and love sitting in the restaurant, enjoying a beverage, and relaxing. I've had some hilariously bad service there that's made me want to avoid the place, but for how pretty it is, it's worth going back. I also love Cava de Tequila as a quiet little spot to hide from crowds.

contrariwise

I get very excited about Mexico.

I know a lot of people don't like the San Angel Inn, but I really dig the atmosphere. It's so romantical to have dinner with my honey with the view of the river and volcano. ;) It reminds me of Blue Bayou at Disneyland. Dim lights. Ride-water fumes. Nice music. The shrimp cocktail is pretty tasty and I enjoy the chicken enchiladas too. And my kids love it too - chips n salsa and a cheese quesadilla is all they need.

Also, Mexico has a margarita cart. Joy! And Cantina de San Angel has churros. Double-joy!

I agree that the ambience at San Angel Inn can't be beat.

My daughter's fave is Teppan Edo so we always eat there each trip.

For counter service, we like Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles in France.

twag1

It's funny, but our favorites seem to change based on the last experience! A story to illustrate:

We do Chefs every visit. I protested a little this last time - try some place new - but was voted down. Good thing. The salmon I had was my best meal of the trip and I had a very positive CM experience that was the frosting.

There was some significant rain coming in and we wanted to get "home" with our little one before it hit. We thought we'd be in good shape, but the table of six (two adult couples and two young teens) next to us had to be the most high-maintenance group I had ever seen. It was at least in the range of 20 minutes plus just to take their order. Not sure how you can ask that many questions about the offerings from a "Disney-size" menu, but they did.

One of the couples was actually from France. After finally getting the order booked, our server Jefferson had to go into the kitchen and bring back a chef for them to meet at their request. There was wine to pour, too, which I understand is part of the gig, but added to the total time they were commandeering from him. EVERY visit to the table became a drawn out affair. This was producing a domino effect of anxious tables waiting to see who kidnapped Jefferson. And, of course, this wasn't V&A where the level of service is at a higher standard, this was Chefs and the place was packed to the rafters, so he had several tables to service.

You could see he was trying very hard to pay attention to other tables, but it was a losing battle. We happened to be right next door, so we knew what the deal was. He apologized to us because he knew we were in a bit of a hurry. We told him we totally understood. Others around the restaurant were probably less patient.

We had the DDP and decided to take the desserts to go. The ladies stayed inside waiting for the desserts and the bill. I went outside with my son-in-law who was going to make a dash for the busses ahead of us.

He took off, I went back into the entranceway to wait for them. Jefferson saw me standing there from a distance across the dining room. He had delivered the bill already and was in route to some other table. He came across the dining room and shook my hand, thanking me for our patience and apologizing for the way the experience went for us. I thought that was kind of classy for the young guy because he was never going to see me again anyway and he didn't have to do that as he had already checked us out. That was just Jefferson being Jefferson.

So even though I know he won't be there the next time we go back, it still is a factor in how the experience turned out that night overall. So I would say Salmon +Jefferson = my current EPCOT favorite: Chefs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom