Best Disney tip you ever got!

PurpleRose

One that has worked with my family since we travel with two little ones (ages 2 and 4 1/2) is to do the TS for lunch instead of dinner. There are 7 adults in my party. What we do is get to the parks early, have a great lunch at a TS, then by that point the girls are ready to take a nap. 2 adults go back to the resort with them and nap, the rest of us do what we want. The girls come back well rested and behaved and we've never had a problem. We typically do a QS for dinner. Hope this helps someone!

bmarkelon

These are all great tips for sure! I will be using the poncho tip for our first August trip this year.
The one thing I can't stress enough to anyone going for the first time is you can never plan too much. The more you plan the smoother and more magical your trip is; especially when you are going with little ones.

magiconmainstrt

Here another "stay dry" tip

Before leaving I always buy ponchos and rainhats- Walgreens.

But here is a tip for you.....when I rode the Kali River Rapids the first time, I asked my husband and boys if they want to take a change of clothes after ride or where a poncho-all 3 were insistent and declined.

Well, we get in the ride, and I had brought also mini garbage bags.
My youngest decided to take me up on the offer and put a poncho on(brought extra anyways) and I wrapped my shoes/feet in a mini garbage bag and kept them up (along with my youngest) Yes, all others on ride thought we were crazy:D
but as they were laughing....
Wooosh! Soaked! From toes to head... We laughed so hard all day..with their wet shoes, etc.:fork:

(Youngest and I went shopping....oldest son and husband went to bathroom to dry off...)when they got out not much drier...I handed them different shirts and socks...Yes....Mom was Magically Prepared....Just wanted them to think about it for a while.....:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Now when we go...we are all prepared...except for husband...but I think he knows by now, I will have an extra change of clothes for him, :sohappy:

mrsdanalind

UOTE=brinneydee;4509295]LOL That's a good one! I didn't think about taking ponchos with us in case it rains... Much better than lugging around an umbrella![/QUOTE]

:brick: bring extra walking shoes, and be sure to change them if you are not returning to the resort for a break, if you are then change shoes before you go back to the parks. I know this seems either obvious or silly but believe me when you are walking and standing a lot it helps, especially in the late spring through the early fall, when it's warmer than most guests are used to, and your feet get all hot and blister. Believe me been there done that.:brick:

RonAnnArbor

"Skip Stitches Great Escape"

Boy, should I have listened to that. In all the trips I have made, I have never done the attraction except for my last trip, thinking "what's the harm, might as well experience it once before they tear it out".

I seriously wanted to gauge my eyes out halfway through, and I wish I could demand Disney give me my 8 minutes back. It is beyond horrible.

becanya

"Skip Stitches Great Escape"

Boy, should I have listened to that. In all the trips I have made, I have never done the attraction except for my last trip, thinking "what's the harm, might as well experience it once before they tear it out".

I seriously wanted to gauge my eyes out halfway through, and I wish I could demand Disney give me my 8 minutes back. It is beyond horrible.

I am so with you on that one! The only time at Disney that I have ever felt miserable and frustrated! Seriously not a good ride. I actually felt claustrophobic in the dark and thought I was going to have a panic attack, despite the fact that I have no trouble in any of the real scary rides. :eek:

WDW Vet

The best tip I got was from my travel agent Vinnie for our trip in 97. He said the first time you go to the Magic Kingdom find the mayor and ask him to be in the parade. So I found him and I asked. He looked at my two kids, then my wife and then me and asked how long we would be at WDW. He said he has pretty much people scheduled the entire time. But he took our room information and said if anything changed he'd call us.

So the next morning we were heading out to the parks and we were just closing the door and the phone rang! My wife and I both look at each other and I pull the room key out and opened the door. Well my wife pushes me aside, puts her shoulder to the door and rushes into the room. She literaly leaped over the bed and got to the phone on the third ring. It was Ray the mayor of MK and we were to meet him at city hall at 10 am.

We shared the honor with another family and it was the best ever. I smiled so much during the 30 minute parade route my face hurt. Hearing your name announced and all those people cheering was awesome. My son was 2 and he was in the back of that fire truck ringing the bell it the entire time. We were the first vehicle and when we got out they made us stay on the parade route and every single performer and character stopped by us.

Our agent Vinnie saved us tons of money throught all our years but the tip he gave us was ...priceless!

becanya

The best tip I got was from my travel agent Vinnie for our trip in 97. He said the first time you go to the Magic Kingdom find the mayor and ask him to be in the parade. So I found him and I asked. He looked at my two kids, then my wife and then me and asked how long we would be at WDW. He said he has pretty much people scheduled the entire time. But he took our room information and said if anything changed he'd call us.

So the next morning we were heading out to the parks and we were just closing the door and the phone rang! My wife and I both look at each other and I pull the room key out and opened the door. Well my wife pushes me aside, puts her shoulder to the door and rushes into the room. She literaly leaped over the bed and got to the phone on the third ring. It was Ray the mayor of MK and we were to meet him at city hall at 10 am.

We shared the honor with another family and it was the best ever. I smiled so much during the 30 minute parade route my face hurt. Hearing your name announced and all those people cheering was awesome. My son was 2 and he was in the back of that fire truck ringing the bell it the entire time. We were the first vehicle and when we got out they made us stay on the parade route and every single performer and character stopped by us.

Our agent Vinnie saved us tons of money throught all our years but the tip he gave us was ...priceless!

Oh my gosh, that's such a cool story! Where do you find the mayor at MK? Is he dressed in a special way?

WDW Vet

That's funny Becanya because when I booked this vacation I asked Vin if he thought Ray (the mayor) is still around and maybe we can catch lightning in the bottle twice. He informed me that they have a "dream squad" now hat has a predetermined location to go to at a specific time and that's how they find the the famly for the grand marshalls so it's random. I busted him and told him it was because he told too many people so Disney changed how they do it.

I see you like the Wilderness Lodge. Our favorite during the cooler weather otherwise we love the Yacht & Beach Club

mrsdanalind

I am so with you on that one! The only time at Disney that I have ever felt miserable and frustrated! Seriously not a good ride. I actually felt claustrophobic in the dark and thought I was going to have a panic attack, despite the fact that I have no trouble in any of the real scary rides. :eek:

:brick:We went on it and we all agreed, that it was the BIGGEST waste of space that the planners ever did, worst ride ever and if it was supposed to be scary I doubt it would scare a two year old toddler. We all were expecting more and got less.:hammer:

JamieD

For me it was choosing a spot near Paris for Illuminations in EPCOT, then exiting the park toward the Boardwalk. This saved us tons of time waiting for the buses in front of EPCOT, not to mention the crowds near the front exit.

Were you staying in the Epcot Resort area?

laxchik18

Fastpass - don't fret if you have a lunch reservation or are caught up in a ride queue during the hour of your return time. You can't return before the time printed, but you can almost always return later than the one hour window and your fastpass be honored.

I learned that one on these boards. :wave:
thats what i was gonna say. my aunt told us that!!

stlbobby

Here are a couple. Bring two pair of walking shoes and switch them everyday. Make sure your shoes are broken in before coming. Bring moleskin, it can literally save a trip.

It's been said before, but be there at rope drop. The first two hours of the day are the easiest for attractions. This also allows for a solid mid-day break.

If you are a runner or athlete, or even if you aren't, take some time for a short light run. The small amount of energy you expend will come back to you ten fold through a looser body, reduced stress, and better sleep. And it is one of the best ways to explore the resort areas. Yoga works too.

Finally, don't try and do it all. You never will and you'll only frustrate yourself. Identify a few must do's for each park and make sure you hit those and take the rest as they come. We usually have everyone pick the one thing they want make sure we all do and that is the list for the day.

CinderellyKelly

Might be an obvious one, but get to the parks early. You can get so much more done in the morning before 11am than you can the rest of the day.

SO SO SO true! We go with a group of 12 every year and it makes such a big difference to go for Rope Drop and do all of the "Big" things with practically no line.

Also, "Don't ruin anyone else's vacation, and don't let anyone else ruin yours."

My husband and I started saying that to each other about 2 years ago. I used to get so bummed when my family would want to sleep in and not go to the parks. I can sleep in at home! Why would I do that in Disney!?!?!
So I would wait around for them to all get ready and head to the parks around 11am/12pm ish. But not anymore! My hubby and I get up, do what we want to do and meet up with family later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom