Best Disney Radio

pluto13

Original Poster
What is the best WDW or general Disney Parks Internet Radio station? I have heard Sorcerer's Radio is good and the that Mouse World is crappy.

cslafferty

On a slightly related note, I was listening to Pandora today with my 2nd graders on our last day of school while we cleaned up our classroom. I searched "Disney kids" and the station "Dance 4 U (Radio Disney)" came up. I assumed (silly me) that since it was labled "Radio Disney" that I wouldn't have to worry about inappropriate content, and it was very appropriate and fun music for the kids . . . until I heard one song (don't know which one) say "that piece of s***"! It was said very quickly, and I was hoping that none of the kids heard, as they were busy talking to each other. None of the kids said anything to me, and I didn't get any angry phone calls after school, but I was very surprised/disappointed!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
On a slightly related note, I was listening to Pandora today with my 2nd graders on our last day of school while we cleaned up our classroom. I searched "Disney kids" and the station "Dance 4 U (Radio Disney)" came up. I assumed (silly me) that since it was labled "Radio Disney" that I wouldn't have to worry about inappropriate content, and it was very appropriate and fun music for the kids . . . until I heard one song (don't know which one) say "that piece of s***"! It was said very quickly, and I was hoping that none of the kids heard, as they were busy talking to each other. None of the kids said anything to me, and I didn't get any angry phone calls after school, but I was very surprised/disappointed!

Well, even then you have to be careful that they may not be using radio edits on Pandora.

For example, you probably wouldn't think anything if they played "Good Life" by One Republic, would you?

Except, in the non-radio edit version of the song, they curse.

It's actually rather frustrating.

cslafferty

That's my ring tone on my phone when DH calls! Never heard the non-radio edit, evidentally! It IS very frustrating! Although, after watching some of the dance moves my 2nd grade (8 yr. olds!) had, their parents shouldn't worry too much about them hearing "s***" - they have bigger problems on the horizon!!

cape cod Disney

I put the computer in the kitchen when I have a lot off dishes or cooking to do and put it on Live 360. They play great Disney music from everything in the parks from the monarail loop to parade music , the contries in Epcot and ride soundtracks and everything in between. I love it , close my eyes and pretend I am on vacation.Hope you enjoy.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's my ring tone on my phone when DH calls! Never heard the non-radio edit, evidentally! It IS very frustrating! Although, after watching some of the dance moves my 2nd grade (8 yr. olds!) had, their parents shouldn't worry too much about them hearing "s***" - they have bigger problems on the horizon!!

I didn't know they cursed in it either until I was looking at some cover versions of it on youtube (which, there are several very good versions) cause I was thinking of using one of those for my trip vid...and there it is, clear as day. So, either edit that part out (cause it repeats several times in the song...)...or drop it as an option.

Pretty much chose the latter.

draybook

Whoever told you that Mouseworld Radio is "crappy" is clearly jealous that they are the only ones that listen to the "Purely Pee-Wee" channel while cool kids like me listen to MouseWorld One!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Whoever told you that Mouseworld Radio is "crappy" is clearly jealous that they are the only ones that listen to the "Purely Pee-Wee" channel while cool kids like me listen to MouseWorld One!!

No, what was the AM station we used to tune into driving into the parks? AM 990?

THAT is the best!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Then why comment?:D

... which is fairly irritating. :p
To get the ball rolling and so that people like you can crap on my post.

EDIT: I guess you would have had to follow the discussion Jake and I were having in a different thread to understand why I posted in this one.

Sometimes it's best not to be so judgmental.

dreamfinder

I've found that they all have different feels to them. It's really a matter of what you are looking for. Some keep "shows" themed, others are all over the place. Some stick to primarily CD tracks (or other similar quality), others throw in AUD recordings of varying quality. Try em out, see what you like.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I listen to quite a few of them on Live365 and Mouseworld is one of the best, IMO. My favorites are Magical Mouse and Radio Buena Vista.

yoyoflamingo

Subsonic Radio always seems to play what I want to listen to. Added to that, if they aren't, I can place a request and place it in the queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom