Best Deluxe Resorts?

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
How does one afford to stay at a deluxe resort??? We did make the jump from values to moderate (stayed at POR last three trips and my family is hooked on it. I guess the fact that the last three trips have been during the Christmas break, when rates are the highest doesn't help.

Just gotta see if it fits your budget. The rates are definitely lower on non peak seasons, like after the holidays and September.

Disney Shib

Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are the most cost effective for us as a party of 6, and out of those two we stay at Old Key West as paying guests. We are not members of DVC.

This is pretty helpful! I'm going down with my family of 5 in January and we were stuck between a two bedroom villa at OKW and one of the Treehouses at SS. Seems like everything I've been hearing is pointing towards OKW lol.

danpam1024

I've only stayed at WL, YC, BC, BWI, and SSR (if that counts), For us it's BWI hands down. I just love the atmosphere. Our 2 favorite parks are DHS and Epcot, and our favorite restaurants are Flying Fish and Kouzzina, so it's the perfect fit.

IWantMyMagicBand

This is pretty helpful! I'm going down with my family of 5 in January and we were stuck between a two bedroom villa at OKW and one of the Treehouses at SS. Seems like everything I've been hearing is pointing towards OKW lol.
We did look at the treehouses but I prefer living in a bigger space. The kitchen/living area was too small compared to OKW. And the Jacuzzis in all rooms at OKW are perfect for relaxing after a hard day in the park.

danpam1024

We did look at the treehouses but I prefer living in a bigger space. The kitchen/living area was too small compared to OKW. And the Jacuzzis in all rooms at OKW are perfect for relaxing after a hard day in the park.
Why is OKW so much cheaper- it is a bit run-down? or is it just the location?

IWantMyMagicBand

no idea, it was the original DVC so maybe that's why - it's the oldest. But all rooms had a refurb2011/2012 and I think they are lovely. We loved OKW, have booked again for next year despite my dad owning a 3 bed at Bahama Bay near ESPN. It's so quaint, and although it's Disney, it feels like you are not surrounded by Disney at the end of the day. You can step out of the magic while remaining in it.

ParentsOf4

OKW is lovely but location certainly plays a role in all WDW pricing. In addition, because of layout, OKW and Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) feel more like traditional timeshares. By comparison, the other DVCs are integrated with Deluxe Resorts and feel more like luxury hotels.

Like you, I'm a big fan of the Boardwalk Inn. Crescent Lake is wonderful, the Boardwalk gives the hotel a nighttime vibe matched by no other Disney resort, and its location between Epcot and DHS can't be beat. On a more personal level, the Boardwalk Inn's décor remind me of a idealized simpler time that I find calming. There's something mesmerizing about being at the Boardwalk at night, especially during the holiday season.

danpam1024

OKW is lovely but location certainly plays a role in all WDW pricing. In addition, because of layout, OKW and Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) feel more like traditional timeshares. By comparison, the other DVCs are integrated with Deluxe Resorts and feel more like luxury hotels.

Like you, I'm a big fan of the Boardwalk Inn. Crescent Lake is wonderful, the Boardwalk gives the hotel a nighttime vibe matched by no other Disney resort, and its location between Epcot and DHS can't be beat. On a more personal level, the Boardwalk Inn's décor remind me of a idealized simpler time that I find calming. There's something mesmerizing about being at the Boardwalk at night, especially during the holiday season
Perfect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom