Best Deluxe Resorts?

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I am going to Disney in 3 days, so I am not planning a trip at the moment, but I wanted to know what you guys think the best Deluxe Resort is at Disney. I am staying at the Yacht Club during my upcoming trip, and this will be my 4th visit. I have stayed at the Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Yacht Club so far. The YC was my favorite, so I'm returning! What's your favorite deluxe resort? :)

zurgandfriend

Our favorites are;

Grand Floridian - DW

Contemporary - DS

Wilderness Lodge - Me

Polynesian would also be on the list. I have always wanted to stay at the YC but can't get my family to stay anywhere but on the monrail anymore.

Last edited:

BrittanyRose428

I've only stayed at the Contemporary and the Floridian for deluxes. I like the Grand Floridian better, but if I were paying for it I would probably chose the Contemporary. I could still visit the Floridian without staying there. I would love to stay at the Polynesian and the Boardwalk too.

coachwnh

I love the GF and YC. They are my two favorites, If I had to pick a third, it would be a toss up between AKL and Contemp. The Contemp has the views, but I love the savanna view too. That said, my next two trips are the GF next month and YC in December for Christmas.

brucie

I have never stayed at a deluxe but always wanted to. Whenever I think about it I'm torn between the 3 on the monorail or Wilderness Lodge, or Boardwalk or Yacht Club. How is one to pick???? As a travel agent I get 50% off the regular rates, so hard to choose?? Not to hijack the original poster but what should I pick for best overall experience? :)

HouCuseChickie

We only started staying onsite back in 2010, but so far we've tried WL, Contemporary, YC, and we'll be staying at AKL next week. If DH and I go without the kids next year, the plan is to try BW. The Contemporary was my fave so far out of where we've stayed.

Cardinals314

I would say Grand Floridian, but with the construction going on no one wants to stay there right now. Polynesian and Beach Club are in my top 3.

luv

AKL is my "way above the others" favorite, even with the smaller rooms.

GF, Beach Club and Poly come next. :)

HollyAD

Tie between Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I just love the atmosphere and enjoying the outdoors. I like the Contemporary but it's not my favorite. I am more of an ambience person I assume.

Pocahontas

Original Poster
Interesting :) The thing I liked about the BC/YC was the pool (it's amazing), the location (walk to Epcot, boat to Hollywood Studio & the boardwalk), and just the overall theme is very pretty. I think the YC is classier, cleaner, and I like the rooms better. Just my opinion. The Grand Floridian was great, and the monorail was convenient, but not for me.

boilerpicc

I've stayed at all of them. Growing up, we would stay most nights in a moderate and then do 1 or 2 nights at a deluxe to see how the fancy people lived. My favorite resort/atmosphere is definitely Wilderness Lodge. My favorite pool is the Yacht/Beach by far. My favorite location is the Boardwalk (just got back from there on Monday), though the Contemporary is a close second now that I have a stroller to haul around. Now if someone could just mush all of those together, it would be the ultimate resort.

75disney

I have stayed at GF, Poly, CR, and WL. I have seen the BWV and BW rooms at a CM preview. My dream is to stay at YC or BC someday (maybe I can afford them someday once I am done paying school tuitions many years from now). My faves are WL (awesome theming) and CR (loved being next to MK, monorail going through lobby, boats going by on SSL and BL).

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. I have only stayed there and the Grand Floridian. The GF is a little too fancy and elegant for me, not my style. I have been a camper my entire life so I love the atmosphere of the WL.

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I'm not the campy type.. But, I definitely would like to experience other hotels in my returning trips to Disney!

marialexus

I am going to Disney in 3 days, so I am not planning a trip at the moment, but I wanted to know what you guys think the best Deluxe Resort is at Disney. I am staying at the Yacht Club during my upcoming trip, and this will be my 4th visit. I have stayed at the Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Yacht Club so far. The YC was my favorite, so I'm returning! What's your favorite deluxe resort? :)
We stayed at the Polynesian many times in the past, but the but the room rates got so high it was out of our reach so we switched to the Wilderness Lodge and we love it. We do miss the monorail, but we end up on it several times any way.

IWantMyMagicBand

Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are the most cost effective for us as a party of 6, and out of those two we stay at Old Key West as paying guests. We are not members of DVC.

Disnee4Me

How does one afford to stay at a deluxe resort??? We did make the jump from values to moderate (stayed at POR last three trips and my family is hooked on it. I guess the fact that the last three trips have been during the Christmas break, when rates are the highest doesn't help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom