Best deal you have ever gotten?

JimboJones123

The free dining plan is by far and away the best deal possible for my "clan", especially since we do stay at the values. The second best deal we ever had was in Dec 2004, for some odd reason I got an email with a "Special rate" of $49 per night at the value resorts, so we took a 10 day trip then to. I paid rack rates the year before and spent almost as much on a 3 night trip. I will gladly make an "extra trip" anytime something like this comes along. I love the idea of knowing we got a great deal-- it allows us to go NUTS on everything else. Then we aren't skimping and sharing meals, but rather hitting all the character buffets we can. It allows us to also say "whatever you want" at WOD instead of saying just one gift each, under 15 bucks please. I was just wondering if anybody else holds out for only the great deals so they can splurge on the extras. Even though we have free dining in our Sept. trip, now we can still head to Margarittaville (one of our favorite Disney resturaunts I know, I know-- we don't go to the US parks so we consider it part of our Disney vacation -- moreso that the Rainforest Cafe that can be found at malls across America) and also enjoy the new bibbity botique and mnsshp.

Anybody else find an "unbeatible deal" that they just couldn't pass up..

PS - why don't I ever get those e-mails anymore -- I'd take 10 day trips all the time for $49 bucks a night -- and they can milk me the whole time!!!!

tripplanner

Woody13 said:
In reality, no one is going to give away their deals because they are very limited. As an example, the Holiday Inn located on Hotel Plaza Blvd. used to be a Courtyard by Marriott. During the years 2000 until 2003, they offered a special rate ($20.00 per night) during late September and early October.

Huge rooms with great transportation and great location plus better amenities than anything WDW hotels have to offer for $20.00 per night! I'm only telling you about it now because the deal no longer exists. However, there are other deals out there. You must search for them.

Unfortunately, travel agents are the bane of good deals. They think they know the market and the best deals and promise to apply all discounts, yet their performance is highly variable. Sometimes they hit the target and sometimes they miss by a mile. I have used travel agents in the past but I no longer recommend their services.

You will not find most deals via the Internet! You must call or write to a specific hotel and inquire. Booking any hotel via the Internet is a mistake!

Thanks...I guess I have more work to do. All of my searches have been online and I keep assuming that I am getting the best price that way.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

The best times for us were the two armed forces salutes. Boy do I miss those. 40% off hotel rates, we stayed at all star movies, caribbean, and animal kingdom lodge. Free entrance for my dh and 5 additional 5 day tickets for only $99 each. The first time it was free for him and up to a seven day ticket for 50% off (for five additional people).

Those were great!

Upvote 0

JMishy

I got to stay at the Dolphin, with a balcony Boardwalk/partial Epcot view, for $59 a night. A friend of mine who worked there set it up for me. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dandaman

Ah, too many to count... above all, the best deal was the free Dining Plan last year (and thankfully, again this year!). Total value of food: $1560.01.

That's right, $1560... and one whole cent! :lol:

That was for an 8-night deal, and we're only going for 6 nights this trip. But, hey, who says we can't try to break the record anyway? :drevil:

I can't even begin to think of all the resort discounts we've gotten over the years...

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We got a postcard deal at POR last year for $77 w/tax (as another posted). We had AKL w/ AP rate for $129 a night in 2003 and we stayed at Poly in Dec 2001 for $189 a night.
At the risk of bringing Woody back into the discussion, for our last 7 trips now, our costs have been less than $100 per night when we stay at Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, OKW and SSR with DVC.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
JenLUVSmickey said:
I think my best deal so far and probably can never be beat was..... In 2002 my then boyfriend had a friend who had a friend who worked for Starwood hotels which owns the Swan and Dolphin and after a few phone calls we paid $20 a night!!!! At the Dolphin!!! That was crazy.

(doing best wayne/garth) WE'RE NOT WORTHY -- WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I get obsessed when booking a trip in getting the lowest rate possible. Back in Nov. '04 we used our AP's and got AKL for $109/night and then was upgraded free to a savannah view. That's just about the best we've gotten for a deluxe. One day I'll have to take advantage of the Swan's nurses discount.
Anyone remember the pay for 4/stay for 7 (or something to that effect) back in 2003? That wasn't bad. We thought it was so cheap, especially for 2 kids in college...

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
My absolute best deal was something the general public will not have access to (sadly, i think it would rock to offer it randomly like winning the lotto) was $65 a night for AKL in a deluxe savannah view room including the dining plan and park tickets for two adults. It was a test-stay offer when they first started the dining plan.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
My absolute best deal was something the general public will not have access to (sadly, i think it would rock to offer it randomly like winning the lotto) was $65 a night for AKL in a deluxe savannah view room including the dining plan and park tickets for two adults. It was a test-stay offer when they first started the dining plan.

Damn me for being general public!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak777

Just this Chrsimas I stayed at Saratoga springs for 38$ a night...couldnt beat that deal...booked it through Travelocity or something and when they originally typed in the price they left out the 0 in 380 so we got to stay for 38$ instead because of their stupid error lol

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
DisneyFreak777 said:
Just this Chrsimas I stayed at Saratoga springs for 38$ a night...couldnt beat that deal...booked it through Travelocity or something and when they originally typed in the price they left out the 0 in 380 so we got to stay for 38$ instead because of their stupid error lol

i remember hearing about one of those on the Disney site a few years back, It was for like $7 a night or something insane like that. Now I have to go back to checking Travelocity weekly again...

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

Contemporary tower room, overlooking MK for $65 a night...Oct 2003...the only catch to this was I was in the reserves. I reserved for SOG and due to construction they moved you to the Contemporary. When we got there, we asked if we could get a room in the tower...and surprise:sohappy: What a nice trip that was...except the wife now loves being on the monorail loop.$$$$:lookaroun

Upvote 0
Best deal, easy, on my honeymoon-my in-laws paid for everything.

But one i had to pay for, 2 years ago we stayed at the dolphin for 79 bucks a night. For the life of me I cant remember why we got it so cheap but I still have the bill.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Three years ago, we got Polynesian for two weeks (before xmas to after new years) for $79 a night. We had booked Caribbean Beach (with an AP discount) and at the last moment decided to renovate some rooms, but failed to tell us. About a month before we left, I found out that some people had their reservations changed to a different moderate resort (on this site!) and my mom called. They said that we were one of the people who were switched, but we were never contacted. Since it was during a busy period, the only thing they had left was a Polynesian room with a view. Since it was their fault, they let us pay the price we had reserved CB at. It was a nice stay, especially since we were there for nearly two weeks.

Upvote 0

Mandyhope

My husband's company gave employees 1 raffle ticket for every new account with a purchase that their store opened. He earned quite a few raffle tickets and won! We got 5 nights at the Swan, Ultimate Park Hopper passes, rental car, air, food and $500 spending money. The staff at the Swan even gave us a free upgrade to a balcony room with a great view of Epcot fireworks. Plus they paid him extra vacation time! It was the first trip for either of us, but definately not our last!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom