Best Counter Service in the World

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Hi!

This is my very first entry, even though I've been reading the forums for about a year now!

This will be my families' 15th time going to Disney world. We love the disney dining plan, and always look forward to our table service meals.

I really want to get more excited about the counter service meals too. Do ya'll have any good suggestions for the best counter service meals you've had?

I would really appreciate it!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That is a question with many answers....

Are you looking for just great food?

Do you want entertainment?

1 TS credit or 2?

How exotic are your tastes?

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Well,

Both.

What is your favorite Counter Service for food, and what is your favorite for entertainment.

My families tastes aren't as adventurous as most, but we are willing to try a few new things :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well if you want to go all out for a table service meal I really love the California Grill on top of the Contemporary, especially if you can make your dining time coincide with Wishes! at the Magic Kingdom. If you are feeling a little bit adventurous Jiko at Animal Kingdom lodge is incredible. For entertaining dining it is really hard to beat either 50's Prime Time at The Studios and Whispering Canyon Cafe at The Wilderness lodge. Counter service would really depend on what park you are at. I love Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom, Epcot is loaded with great places, and Magic Kingdom has Pecos Bill's and Starlight Cafe. The Studios can be a little lacking in the counter service department.

Also did you have a preference of breakfast, lunch or dinner?

CinderellyKelly

Original Poster
Usually we do counter service for lunch, and table service for dinner.
Our favorite place for dinner is Le Cellier.

Thanks SO much for your help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you want a little change of pace Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness lodge and Kona Cafe at the Polynesian are great for a breakfast table service. The all you can eat skillet at Whispering canyon is incredible and the tonga toast and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes at Kona cafe are legendary.

tomm4004

For me there's no home run CS place. Flame Tree has lovely seating areas including down by the water with a view of E:E. Mexico has good seating around WS Lagoon. The food is average. I like pizza at Puck. The Land is okay. I find CS in MK pretty dire. On a cold or rainy night upstairs at Columbia HH is cozy with some soup and hot chocolate. Nothing much at DHS. I mentioned Flame Tree. Tangerine Cafe food is pretty good. Chinese is no better (if that) than my local mall. I don't think you can get that excited about CS. They are there to feed you and that's about it.

Flame Tree Barbeque would get my vote for best counter service. I got the barbeque chicken. It tasted really good and there was plenty of it. Also the eating area was nice.

tomm4004

My Favorites:

El Pirata Y el Perico (Taco's - Magic Kingdom)
Pizzafari (Pizza - Animal Kingdom)

I can't attest to Pirata because I don't believe I've ever seen it open. I remember a nice pizza at Pizzafari several years ago that had portobello mushrooms and other stuff, but now they just seem to have plain cheese and pepperoni. I can get better selection at any pizza-by-the-slice place where I live.

Computer Magic

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (but has went down hill over the last year) and Yak and Yeti CS.
Epcot: Mexico and Sunrise Seasons
MK: Columbia Harbor House
MGM: nothing is great. Toy Story Pizza and ABC are the usual places.
DD: Earl Sandwiches

Walk to the Beach Club and eat a Hannah's. Spicy Chicken Wrap is great.

Philo

My vote goes to the CS in China (I forget the name). I expected the usual rubbish and I was really impressed. My wife is a big fan of the place in Morocco too (I really should learn the name of these CS places)

slappy magoo

Back when it was CS, Tusker House in AK. I tried to get back there one more time, but we arrived on site the day after they closed to become renovated into a buffet...grrr....

Back when PO-R was still Dixie Landings, they had awesome fried chicken. Now it's the same generic chicken strips every other Disney eatery has...oh well...

breakfast at Wolfgang Puck's Express in DTD is hard to beat. Great breakfast pitas and cornflake French toast.

And I remember having a particularly tasty chicken meal at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, complete with Coke Zero (at the time, it was the only place I could find it).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Back when it was CS, Tusker House in AK. I tried to get back there one more time, but we arrived on site the day after they closed to become renovated into a buffet...grrr....

Back when PO-R was still Dixie Landings, they had awesome fried chicken. Now it's the same generic chicken strips every other Disney eatery has...oh well...

breakfast at Wolfgang Puck's Express in DTD is hard to beat. Great breakfast pitas and cornflake French toast.

And I remember having a particularly tasty chicken meal at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, complete with Coke Zero (at the time, it was the only place I could find it).
I haven't heard about that one yet. I will have to give it a shot.

Cubs Brian

Sassagoula over at POFQ,beignets are great :slurp: and they do a pretty good job with most of their Cajun and creole dishes. Also, they have a good selection of other food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom