Best Character Meal????

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I just figured I'd see what people think the best character meals are. I've only been to dinner at the Liberty Treen Tavern and I love that. Going in September with my girlfriend and her 3 year old, I'm just wondering which ones would be the best for him (and me as well!!)

I'm going to try for Cinderella's Breakfast but I'm certainly not counting on that.

I'd like to do one with Donald, Mickey, Goofy...

Any suggestions?

wdwmom2+1

THeese are our experiences:

LIberty tavern is defiantly our fav!!!!

we've been to a breafest at old key west with pooh we loved that :)

we didnt really care for the food at the garden grill in epcot but the charcters were neat

we love chef mickey's for breakfest.

and we thought crystal palace was ok in magic kingdom.

but for the food and the charcters we LOVE liberty tavern :)

Upvote 0

CountryBear

Ohana Polynesian Resort

We ate there for breakfast this past week and it was great. Buffet style brought to your table in a big skillet. Excellant food. Characters were Goofy, Chip and Dale, Mickey. Kids were able to be in a parade around the restaurant with characters, it was great. Princess will be our next one, but this is a sure bet winner. Great!!!!!

Upvote 0

tammycooley

We love Ohana at the Polynesian!!! And Chef Mickey is awesome too. Crystal Palace is very good at dinner, and breakfast at
restuarantasauras (sp?) in the Animal Kingdom is one of my sons favorites--it has Donald Duck. Make sure you have your autograph book with you!!! I personally love eating in the castle, but he wasnt too impressed by all the princesses--go figure.
Have a great time!!!!

Upvote 0

venooch333

Chef Mickeys rules for breakfast!!:slurp: Me and my parents went when I was 12 and all 3 of use were acting like little kids again!! It's just makes you feel great going there for a character breakfast!! Every family should try it!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

The best is Cinderella's for little girls and their parents. Nightmare for 8 year old boys!:lol:

The next best is Chef Mickey's. Delicious for dinner and breakfast although we prefer dinner because we're hungrier! The character interaction is great. One of the highest character to guest ratio of all the character dinings.

According to the Unofficial guide some of the character to guest ratios are
Cinderella's is the best : 1 to 26
Liberty Tree: 1 to 47
Akershus: 1 to 54
Chef Mickey's: 1 to 56

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

I love Crystal Palace! I never had breakfast there, but I did work breakfast a few times. I love their chicken nuggets at the little kids Pooh Corner spot!

TheDisneyGirl02 :slurp:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Originally posted by joviacdan

I'd like to do one with Donald, Mickey, Goofy...

Try Donald's Breakfastasaurus in AK. You will have those characters plus Minnie. The food is typical Disney breakfast buffet style and is good. The theming is cool. It was like a airplane hanger in the section that we were in. We really did enjoy it and it is a scheduled stop for our next trip.:slurp:

Upvote 0

TheDisneyGirl02

Re: Re: Best Character Meal????

Originally posted by PhilharMagician
Try Donald's Breakfastasaurus in AK. You will have those characters plus Minnie. The food is typical Disney breakfast buffet style and is good. The theming is cool. It was like a airplane hanger in the section that we were in. We really did enjoy it and it is a scheduled stop for our next trip.:slurp:

I worked that too! Hoping to eat there this summer!

TheDisneyGirl02 :D

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I better skip that one then.

My girlfriend gets mad at me when I get a little giggly from watching Ariel on TV.

(did I just say that?)

:lookaroun

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Originally posted by TheDisneyGirl02
I love Crystal Palace! I never had breakfast there, but I did work breakfast a few times. I love their chicken nuggets at the little kids Pooh Corner spot!

TheDisneyGirl02 :slurp:

Just don't know if it's right to say 'nuggets' and 'Pooh' in the same sentance.

We plan on doing Cinderella's Castle and Chef Mickey's when we hit the World in November.

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Just don't know if it's right to say 'nuggets' and 'Pooh' in the same sentance.

Why not??? Pooh nuggets taste yummy :) Why not wash it down with some yellow water from the Garden rooms at the Contemporary :slurp:

Upvote 0

nfeagle5

We went to the character breakfast at the Polynesian Resort. It was probably the best character breakfast we have ever gone too. The kids got up and took pics (my gallery) and they had like a conga line. Very cool

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

We really liked Chef Mickey's for the Breakfast Buffet!

Lot's of time with the characters you mentioned, plus the food was good! We got great pictures with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale, but no Donald to be found....he's got his own gig at Animal Kingdom every morning! :lol:

An added bonus is you are right at the monorail to the Magic Kingdom after you've had your fill!

ENJOY!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I enjoy Chef Mickey's for breakfast best!

-High profile characters.
-And a huge plethora of amazingly tasty food.
-And there was NO rush!
-Our table was in one of the side rooms (with only about 5 others) and it overlooked MK--amazing!
-I ate my monies worth on strawberries alone!!

Upvote 0

Chefjason1974

I have eaten at a lot of these character meals. My favorite is probably the 1900 Park fare at the GF resort. Dinner is with Cinderells & the Lobby has live music playing in the evening. Last year our (3y.o.) Duaghter started Dancing to the music. Then 5 minutes later more little girls showed up & started dancing with her. Must have been at least 8 girls dancing before we had dinner. The food is also pretty good. My daughter loves the strawberry soup.

The Garden grill i thought was pretty good also, The flank steak & salad were excellent. The fact that the waiters bring you your food is a real plus.

Years ago we ent to Hollywood & vine in MGM & had a wonderful meal. Minnie & Goofy were their. MGM does not have any character meals anymore. But for good food in mgm Hollywood & vine is my favorite. Also while were on this topic. Whispering canyon cafe had the best dinner we have had in WDW. The AUCE skillet was great & reasonably priced. As you can tell by my screen name I notice this kind of stuff!

Have fun & good luck to those of you planning on getting in to the Cinderella Royal table :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom