Best Character Experience

DW1

My 4 year old son wanted to get a photo with Pooh so on our last day at opening we went to Mickey Toon Town. Toon Town opens later than the rest of the park so we had to wait behind a rope at the entrance near Mad Hatters ride. We didn't mind but it started to get awfully crowded. After a while a couple of characters came walking up to officially open Toon Town. When they started lowering the rope Pooh got swarmed with hugs... but it was like somehow Pooh new. He walked up to my son and took his hand. My son and Pooh marched all the way back to the town hall character greeting hand in hand, leading a huge group of children and adults. They marched through the line and into the "Pooh room" and the line formed behind them. My son head swelled up bigger than one of those characetrs. We got it all on video it made his trip and it's a moment my wife and I will never forget.

Figgy1

Original Poster
My 4 year old son wanted to get a photo with Pooh so on our last day at opening we went to Mickey Toon Town. Toon Town opens later than the rest of the park so we had to wait behind a rope at the entrance near Mad Hatters ride. We didn't mind but it started to get awfully crowded. After a while a couple of characters came walking up to officially open Toon Town. When they started lowering the rope Pooh got swarmed with hugs... but it was like somehow Pooh new. He walked up to my son and took his hand. My son and Pooh marched all the way back to the town hall character greeting hand in hand, leading a huge group of children and adults. They marched through the line and into the "Pooh room" and the line formed behind them. My son head swelled up bigger than one of those characetrs. We got it all on video it made his trip and it's a moment my wife and I will never forget.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute!

IowaHawks7

Alright mine was from I was very little. I was about 2/3 at the time and this is from my mom telling me. I don't really remember it. But in 1998 I went to WDW for the first time. As I walked in to MK i saw the 7 dwarves marching. So what did I do? Naturally i began marching with them. My mom has it on video somewhere but I'm not sure where.
The other one is that same day. My favorite disney movie at the time was Pocahantas. As any 3 year old probably does at the World I fell asleep for an hour or so in my stroller. Well I woke up to Pocahantas and John Smith telling me I was dreaming of them. My mom has a video of this as well but can't find it. To me that was two of the most magical moments for me in WDW ever.

DisneyDebNJ

We have had SO many great experiences over the years. (Yes, many involved my beloved Pluto!! LOL) My son dancing with the butterflies during Tapestry of Dreams, (although not a *character* per se) stands out. HIS most embarassing was when he was 10, and Snow White kissed him on the cheek, left a perfect lip print! He walked around all day with it on there and CM's asked him if Snow White was his girlfriend LOL. Chef Mickey's at breakfast was always our favorite spot for character experiences. SOOOO many memories, including them shaking my now husband's hand, and hugging me, after we got engaged on the Poly Beach... Sigh... no wonder I love Disney so much! LOL

pixiesteno

Jan 2010 DH & I went to WDW to celebrate our 22nd Anniversary. We were at the Garden Grill for dinner on our anniversary and when Mickey came around to do the m & g he made us both stand up and got wait staff involved when he had everyone in place he renewed our vows for us. No photos because we were a little busy at the time.

Kevin_W

This one is special to me because it was our first. My DD was 2.5 at the time and characters were fairly scary. She wanted to see them from a distance, but didn't want to meet anyone. About the 5th day of our trip we were in the UK and saw Alice headed off-stage when my daughter said that she wanted to give Alice a hug and have her sign our book. Alice was kind enough to stop and chat with us for a couple minutes and my daughter was enthralled.

That opened the floodgates, and on subsequent trips my daughter became an expert character hunter. One trip we ended up with over 60 signatures!

Attachments

• with Alice.jpg
    with Alice.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 39

AllyInWonderland

We have had SO many great experiences over the years. (Yes, many involved my beloved Pluto!! LOL) My son dancing with the butterflies during Tapestry of Dreams, (although not a *character* per se) stands out. HIS most embarassing was when he was 10, and Snow White kissed him on the cheek, left a perfect lip print! He walked around all day with it on there and CM's asked him if Snow White was his girlfriend LOL. Chef Mickey's at breakfast was always our favorite spot for character experiences. SOOOO many memories, including them shaking my now husband's hand, and hugging me, after we got engaged on the Poly Beach... Sigh... no wonder I love Disney so much! LOL
Tapestry memories make my heart melt. I love seeing little kids dancing with the butterflies. :)

awoogala

No pics. In general, Crystal Palace- always have gotten tons of attention there!
But- specific- We saw the fairies 2 years ago.. my kids saw Iridessa, who I guess, was used to being the "warm-up" for Tink- so she asked if they were excited to meet Tink (who was #2 of 3 fairies to meet. ) they said "no! we're here to meet Fawn!" They adore animals, so Fawn was the ONE!
All 3 fairies really got into it, Tink acting put out, Iridessa lording it over her, Fawn being sweet. The kids were showing Tink that they had Fawn jibbitz on their crocs, etc. Tink totally played it up.. It was excellent. I am guessing my kids were not the norm- and most were all about Tink.

Wiicked

549787_10151351453718650_467792570_n.jpg

my best character interaction was with Goofy at Pete's Silly Sideshow. It was late at night and the characters where all alone so I went to meet Daisy and Minnie and then went to meet Goofy and Donald.. when I entered the Goofy line since there was no one there Goofy ran up to me and told me to be quiet and the then proceeded to lean against the wall since he was hiding and made me do the same. We where hiding from everyone that entered for like 10 minutes. If I tried to move Goofy would tell me to be quiet and to lean back to the wall, after a while he started to poke me in the face and would immediately "hide". The funnest 10 minutes with a Character.

Matt_Black

Pinocchio's the best. So sad he doesn't meet and greet anymore.!

It's a good thing I didn't see this thread until just now, because look who I found last week!

506.JPG

Anyway, while I had a lot of great experiences last week (especially Prince Philip, who saw my beard and went off on a killer tear about princes and facial hair- "Charming over there can't grow a beard or mustache, so he doesn't let the rest of us do it, but Flynn Rider's new, so he doesn't know about that rule yet"), my favorite came last December when I went down with my mom and my sister for Christmas. Family tradition has it that the last day, we do the breakfast and meet the characters there. Alice comes over and takes a picture with my sister, then she comes over to me and begins to suggest a pose. "You look like you do a great deal of thinking and reading..." My sister then interjects with, "Yeah, he's a nerd." Alice then turns on my sister. "Well, THAT'S a terribly rude thing to say! I for one do a great deal of thinking and read a good many books, and I'd never refer to myself as a nerd!" Back to me, she says, "She's quite mad, isn't she? She'd best be careful, or the Queen will take her head!" I minded my tongue, and got a picture where we both looked like we were deep in thought.

253.JPG

After Alice left, I looked at my sister with a bit of smugness. "Oh, you got scolded by Alice!" My sister can be a bit of a pain at times, so it was nice to see her get a bit of comeuppance.

Last edited:

popcenturylover

Well, I have a few: the 1st being my 9 month old & 15 year old both meeting Pluto for the 1st time! The 2ND being my youngest last year holding Snow White' s hand in the "Princess Parade" at Akershus! 3rd my youngest interacting with Tinkerbell at her meet n' greet last year! My absolute favorite was my youngest with Chip n' Dale last year! We were waiting for my husband to ride Space Mnt. & spotted them. We had just come from breakfast at Kona & my DD still had the kid's menu with her. Dale took the menu & pretended to read it. Then Chip took it from Dale, looked at it & started to rub his stomach. My DD thought it was so funny!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom