Best Character Experience

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
One of my best character experiences was this May, when the Three Caballeros were in Mexico for Limited Time Magic. I'm obsessed with Panchito and I took my stuffed animal version of him with me to the park that day when I met him.
I ran past Donald and went straight to Panchito and told him he was my favorite and showed him the stuffed animal! He got all excited and took it over to Donald and Jose and showed them. Then he got on one knee and "proposed" to me. It was absolutely magical.
why is panchito on one knee.jpg
panchito and I are getting married.jpg
WE ARE THE THREE CABALLERS.jpg

BrittanyRose428

Best character experience ever was by far Gaston! He asked my roommate and if we had boyfriends, cause they'd be jealous if they knew we were swooning over him. We told him we did, and he asked their names, and then he kept yelling their names and calling them stupid while he was taking pictures with us. You can't even tell how much we were really swooning over him in the pictures cause we were just laughing hysterically over him making fun of our boyfriends lol.

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

Disvillain63

We've had several...
DS (1990)...sword fighting with Captain Hook in Toontown; playing in the maze w/Goofy in Toontown; Goofy and Pluto sitting down to encourage an excited 3-year old to eat his breakfast while dining at "Chef Mickey's" (I think it had a different name then)
DD (1993)...Dopey continued to hold her while signing autograph books for other families; Belle held her in a photo with Beast while on Mickey Ave.; the hug she gave Snow White upon meeting her first Disney Princess in 'real' life
MiL (1999)...discussing whether tea or coffee was a better beverage choice with the Mad Hatter while dining at 1900 PF
DGS (2013)...playing soccer with Donald in Chef Mickey's...after Donald signed the soccer ball

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We had two that were great in Feb 2012 - My DD had a great time meeting Belle in WS she was lovely. very friendly and kind she took a lot of time with our DD and even got up and danced with her.

Photo1095FourBySix.jpg
Photo1110FourBySix.jpg

We had the exact same Belle 5 days later at CRT and she remembered DD, she asked if she had seen DD the other day and even said what DD was wearing and asked her about all the things she did the last week (sorry about the quality my camera died so I had to pull stills from a video)

ScreenShot2013-10-24at70647PM_zps7616b925.png

ScreenShot2013-10-24at70659PM_zpsec8a45d1.png

She also had a great time with Aladdin and Jasmine. My DD was ALL about Jasmine but Aladdin won her over he was amazing! Jasmine was nice too but Aladdin was the star of this M&G.

Photo1128FourBySix.jpg
Photo1134FourBySix.jpg
Photo1122FourBySix.jpg

Attachments

• Photo1088EightByTen.jpg
    Photo1088EightByTen.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Photo1091EightByTen.jpg
    Photo1091EightByTen.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC08449.JPG
    DSC08449.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 43

jw24

I'm not entirely comfortable posting pictures of myself on mostly public forum like this one so I won't post any. However, my favorite character experience I've ever had is a story that I'm sure I posted several times but since everyone doesn't really have the time to search and hunt all the posts, I'll be more than happy to post again. That's the great thing about these forums. You might tell the exact same thing countless times but someone new is going to read it.

Anyway, here's my story back in 2009 on my HS senior class trip meeting Belle for the first time in my life that I posted way back:

"I was in Epcot that day and my eyes lit up when I saw the meet and greet area. First time tried to get in the line, I was told by the greeter that the line was full . Second time around, same thing. I was getting frustrated and worried at the same time thinking well, all sorts of things. Fears that I would miss out meeting Belle. Stress of trying to figure how to plan around the next available meet and greet time. The third time, however, I finally got a spot in line by showing up early only for the anxiety to grow. I was definitely the only male in line and I would be lying if I said I wasn't uncomfortable. I was so nervous beyond belief that words can't describe it.

Now this was the time where Belle and Beast in France met together but for some reason, the Beast hadn't showed up and while some people waited to the side until the Beast showed up, I went forward to meet Belle.

She greeted me with a friendly “Bonjour” and then asked me if I had any adventures so far and I responded, “Yes”. I gave her my autograph book and then told her she was my all-time favorite Disney heroine. She thanked me and called me prince. Believe me, I was so bashful when I heard that! She then asked my favorite part of the movie and I told her my favorite part with Be Our Guest. Finally, we took a picture and after it was all said and done, I think my heart melted afterwards."

AllyInWonderland

This sweet guy right here :)
image.jpg

It happened last Thursday on my first time to MNSSHP. After I finished following the Stepsisters around Main Street, I skipped around the park all the way over to the Tea Cups to search for Mr. Hatter. Once I got there, Alice was doing a M&G, so I decided to wait in line to see her. About halfway through the line, she switched out with Mad Hatter. I was so excited! This guy beside me in line pointed out to his little boy saying "Look, she has the same hat as he does!". I was pretty flattered. Once I got up to him, he complemented me on my outfit and how we looked just alike and then talked about my Dormouse plushie and jam. Then we got ready for the picture and I put one arm around him, but then he put both arms around me, and we ended up hugging. Then he asked me if he could see my dormouse,
image.jpg
so he put it on top of his hat and posed for another picture.
image.jpg

Then he handed me back my dormouse and right as I left him, Alice was coming back so I waved to her, and she called me Ms. Mad Hatter. I was so happy! Especially since earlier when I watched the Boo To You parade for the first time, a different Hatter came out of the way of the other performers to give me a hug and tell me how good I looked.

The second time I went to MK, we entered the park and I heard the Move it Shake it music playing so I ran towards the parade and stopped at Hatter's present. I loved the pose he made as he came out.
image.jpg

Then he saw me and recognized me and my dormouse plushie, and we kept smiling at each other as he danced.
image.jpg

Eventually the parade had to leave, so we smiled and waved goodbye to each other. He was so sweet and I kinda miss him!

Another favorite was when I was watching the afternoon CADCT parade, waiting for the Alice float to go by. When it started coming, I held up my dormouse and Mr. Smee came up and petted it. Suddenly, the Queen of Hearts came up to me
image.jpg

And snatched my dormouse out of my hands and began to twist his neck! I was screaming "No!" and "Give it back!" while laughing. Then she held it up for Hatter and Alice to see.
image.jpg

Hatter made a horrified look, putting his hands around his neck, and Alice looked surprised and made dormouse ears with her hands. Eventually the Queen gave me back my dormouse and I yelled to Hatter that I loved him. Then we started talking about what the Queen did.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Then just as the float passed by, Alice did her dormouse ear thing.
image.jpg

It was so funny!

I will remember these moments for a long time!

Dragonrider1227

I think I've shared this already but I'll share it again.
Meeting Jessie (My absolute favorite Pixar character) was my best character interaction and the highlight of my 2013 trip.
me_and_jessie_by_dragonrider1227-d69s7hj.jpg

Sure, her face isn't exactly perfect but I didn't care. She was fun, very friendly,
jessie_signs_my_drawing_by_dragonrider1227-d6a930q.jpg

She loved my drawing of her and signed it =D
jessie_signature_by_dragonrider1227-d6bwe9c.jpg

She's also fun to hug ^///^
mickey_mouse_signs_my_drawing_by_dragonrider1227-d6abpjn.jpg

I did a drawing of Mickey that got signed too. For not being able to talk, he made it quite clear he was impressed with it.
My little brother went to Mickey's Halloween party as a Ghostbuster and got his picture with The Mad Hatter. He made Ghostbusters quotes the whole time. THAT was a fun experience.

Figgy1

Original Poster
This sweet guy right here :)
View attachment 36762

It happened last Thursday on my first time to MNSSHP. After I finished following the Stepsisters around Main Street, I skipped around the park all the way over to the Tea Cups to search for Mr. Hatter. Once I got there, Alice was doing a M&G, so I decided to wait in line to see her. About halfway through the line, she switched out with Mad Hatter. I was so excited! This guy beside me in line pointed out to his little boy saying "Look, she has the same hat as he does!". I was pretty flattered. Once I got up to him, he complemented me on my outfit and how we looked just alike and then talked about my Dormouse plushie and jam. Then we got ready for the picture and I put one arm around him, but then he put both arms around me, and we ended up hugging. Then he asked me if he could see my dormouse, View attachment 36765 so he put it on top of his hat and posed for another picture. View attachment 36764
Then he handed me back my dormouse and right as I left him, Alice was coming back so I waved to her, and she called me Ms. Mad Hatter. I was so happy! Especially since earlier when I watched the Boo To You parade for the first time, a different Hatter came out of the way of the other performers to give me a hug and tell me how good I looked.

The second time I went to MK, we entered the park and I heard the Move it Shake it music playing so I ran towards the parade and stopped at Hatter's present. I loved the pose he made as he came out. View attachment 36766
Then he saw me and recognized me and my dormouse plushie, and we kept smiling at each other as he danced. View attachment 36767
Eventually the parade had to leave, so we smiled and waved goodbye to each other. He was so sweet and I kinda miss him!

Another favorite was when I was watching the afternoon CADCT parade, waiting for the Alice float to go by. When it started coming, I held up my dormouse and Mr. Smee came up and petted it. Suddenly, the Queen of Hearts came up to me View attachment 36768
And snatched my dormouse out of my hands and began to twist his neck! I was screaming "No!" and "Give it back!" while laughing. Then she held it up for Hatter and Alice to see. View attachment 36769
Hatter made a horrified look, putting his hands around his neck, and Alice looked surprised and made dormouse ears with her hands. Eventually the Queen gave me back my dormouse and I yelled to Hatter that I loved him. Then we started talking about what the Queen did. View attachment 36770
View attachment 36771 Then just as the float passed by, Alice did her dormouse ear thing.
View attachment 36772
It was so funny!

I will remember these moments for a long time!
Amazing, I'm glad you had such a great time.

Killnme

Oh I better mention this Cinderella helped me propose to my wife. Back in the mid 90's I bought a ring and called my brother in law to see if he could get me reservations in the castle for Sat. (He worked in the private lounge at body wars) There was no reservations but he got a hold of the manager and told him I was a VP's son and wanted to do it.

When it was about time I went to the restroom to get my courage up. Coming back out I saw our waiter and told him what I was about to do. He said wait a minute and he called down to Cinderella and made me ask her for help. She came up and they took my ring and had me go sit down. All of a sudden I hear music and Cinderella is parading though the restaurant and stopped a our table. She made a little speech and I got down on my knee and asked. I could feel every eye in the place on the back of my head. My wife leaned in and gave me a kiss. So we were all good.

What my wife didn't realize is that she never said yes to the proposal in the castle, she just kissed me. She finally said yes about 3 hours later.

Monkee Girl

I love reading about character meet and greets!!!

I have a new one from my recent trip (just got back today). Sorry no pictures :(

Anyway way, I was dressed as Pinocchio for the Halloween party and during the Boo to you parade, Alice saw me and got so excited about my costume she went to tell Pinocchio. He had danced off passed us and she had him come back to see me. He gave me a big high five. It was so unexpected and fun. I do love that little puppet.

Also during the parade, Peter Pan saw me and waved saying "Hi Pinocchio!" I waved and said 'High Peter!" back.

I really didn't think I would get so much attention from my costume but to get that attention from my two favorite characters in the world meant a lot to me.

Monkee Girl

I know, right? D: I never actually got to meet him myself but there were so many fun videos of others meeting him T_T

I know, I was hoping I would see him out at the party to get my picture with him. But I will settle for a high five at the parade. But your right. He should still be out. He's one of my favorites and always had a long line. Loved when Gepetto was out too. I have many good experiences with both of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom