Best character dining

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
We are taking our best friend to Disney for her birthday May 4th through the 8th. She has never character dined ever and the last time I did, I was 5. Good suggestions for character dining in parks or resorts?...

And, some that I will be able to book in the next month or so. Im guessing I won't be able to book Cinderella's table with such short notice:(

amypants

My sister and I (27 and 30) always make sure to fit in at least one character meal every visit. What character meal is the best depends on what characters you think she would enjoy most.

Princesses: Cinderella's will be hard to get into however if princesses are what she wants to see: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot offers a delicious breakfast buffett, a professional photo with a princess, and then the rest of the princesses walk around allowing you to take photos with them while you eat.

Stitch/ Mickey: The Ohana family-style breakfast at The Polynesian Hotel is super fun. It includes Lilo and Stitch then usually Mickey Minnie, Pluto, and sometimes the chipmunks. They move around to each table, and also lead a congo line and games through out the meal. I have found that the characters here are more playful then at other character meals

I_heart_Tigger

We are taking our best friend to Disney for her birthday May 4th through the 8th. She has never character dined ever and the last time I did, I was 5. Good suggestions for character dining in parks or resorts?...

And, some that I will be able to book in the next month or so. Im guessing I won't be able to book Cinderella's table with such short notice:(

It never hurts to try for the Cinderella dining or the Akershus dining in Norway - also with princesses.

I mostly depends on which characters she wants to see. I always visit Tigger when I'm there so I do Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom with Pooh & the gang, though sometimes the food is hit and miss...mostly it's been good but I have had a few iffy looking items on the buffet.

I usually do Chef Mickey's because I like to see them in their little chef's hats.

If she likes Lilo and Stitch try for the Ohana breakfast at the Poly - great way to start off a day.

You may just want to see what character dining is available with this short notice and plan from there

CaptainJackNO

I would definitely go with Chef Mickey. I have also done O'Hana for breakfast, and that is nice, too. However, while I have never been to Cinderella's Royal Table, I live in New Orleans and cannot bring myself to pay those prices, especially when CRT is more expensive than critically acclaimed, 5 star, celebrity chef owned restaurants in my back yard, here.

I would go with Chef Mickey, and O'Hana, if you want 2. Then, although it is not character dining, I would book O'Hana for dinner. Great food, beautiful surroundings, and a memorable experience.

vjgraham

We have been to Chef Mickeys several times and it is good. If your child likes the Winnie The Pooh characters better, then please do Crystal palace at MK. The food is definitely better at Crystal Palace in our opinion.

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
We have been to Chef Mickeys several times and it is good. If your child likes the Winnie The Pooh characters better, then please do Crystal palace at MK. The food is definitely better at Crystal Palace in our opinion.

It's a tie between Crystal Palace and Akershus..aiming more toward crystal palace. WE can do dinner at Crystal Palace right?

I_heart_Tigger

It's a tie between Crystal Palace and Akershus..aiming more toward crystal palace. WE can do dinner at Crystal Palace right?

I would do Crystal Palace. I have dinner reservations here next month. If you have any picky eaters in the family I find Crystal Palace has better options. Evening is really nice there anyway...my favourite time of day to eat there and a nice view of the Castle.

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
Awesome. I think we are going to book a reservation for Crystal Palace. Is there a fee for booking a reservation?

I_heart_Tigger

Awesome. I think we are going to book a reservation for Crystal Palace. Is there a fee for booking a reservation?

There is not fee however you do need to provide a credit card for Character dining. You won't be charged unless you don't show or if you don't cancel with 24 hours notice - then the charge is $10 per person (I believe these are the correct details...I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

HouCuseChickie

Chef MIckey's (pref breakfast) would be my first pick. It's our 2nd fave breakfast (first is Crystal Palace since we like going pre-park opening)- but I love that you can get in there at 7am + it's Mickey and the Fab 5.

If you want princesses, it can't hurt to try for both CRT and Akershus. I've been able to book both with less than a month window - you just have to be more flexible about times and be willing to check the website for availability on and off throughout the day.

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
Chef MIckey's (pref breakfast) would be my first pick. It's our 2nd fave breakfast (first is Crystal Palace since we like going pre-park opening)- but I love that you can get in there at 7am + it's Mickey and the Fab 5.

If you want princesses, it can't hurt to try for both CRT and Akershus. I've been able to book both with less than a month window - you just have to be more flexible about times and be willing to check the website for availability on and off throughout the day.

So Crystal Palace is "The fab 5" for breakfast?

Do you need to pay to place a reservation for it?

I was just about to book 9:00 pm for CRT because like you said, be flexible and I am trying because I really want to eat there and it is my best friend's birthday..Cinderellas is her ALL TIME favorite and I want to surprise her with going there.

ThinkTink721

If you really want to book CRT, just keep checking for availability...you never know when something may open up!

Our Favorite Character Dining:
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
'Ohana breakfast
Donald's Safari breakfast
Princess Storybook

accord99cutie

Premium Member

I was just about to book 9:00 pm for CRT because like you said, be flexible and I am trying because I really want to eat there and it is my best friend's birthday..Cinderellas is her ALL TIME favorite and I want to surprise her with going there.

Chef MIckey is the Fab 5, Crystal Palace is always Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.

If your friend wants to see Cinderella, I suggest getting a dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare (In the Grand Floridian Resort). It has Cinderella, Prince Charming, Evil step mother, and evil step sisters. It is a buffet and has a pretty good selection.

HouCuseChickie

Sorry to just be getting back to clarify...the cosmic wedgie that has been hanging over my life just won't go way :(...in any event...The Fab 5 is at Chef Mickey's (i.e. Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto). You need to put down a CC now I believe, but not prepayment for Chef Mickey's.

Something else, be flexible but also be persistent. I stalk the site if I want to get in or improve my ADR time. It can get frustrating at times...but it's paid off in most cases. Still- at least you were able to get something so even if you can't improve your time - you at least know you'll get in. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom