Best Cameras under $300

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Hey everyone! This article was on the front of my yahoo page this morning. I wish I had read something like this a few months ago when I was looking for a camera. I seem to have the worst luck with cameras! First I had a Sony Cyber Shot and the zoom broke beyond repair after only a year. Then I bought a Samsung right before our last Disney trip and the battery was terrible and the shutter delay was also terrible (especially in low light). When we got back from Disney I exchanged it for a Kodak Easy Share and I hate that one too! The picture quality is just not good.

Anyways, this a pretty good article reviewing the best cameras under $300 right now. Could be helpful :)

Enjoy! :wave:

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/108771/best-cameras-for-$300-or-less?mod=family-home

Laura

Premium Member
I bought a Fuji Finepix (was $400 at the time) so I could have a cheapie that would fit in my pocket in case I didn't want to lug around my big one. It's supposed to perform great in low light, but it definitely doesn't. I almost never pull it out of the drawer.

Then last year I bought a Pentax Optio underwater camera for $200, which is supposed to be pretty crappy...but I needed something for snorkeling. Surprisingly, I prefer the picture quality of my underwater camera being used as a regular camera than I do the quality of my Fuji!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I bought a Fuji Finepix (was $400 at the time) so I could have a cheapie that would fit in my pocket in case I didn't want to lug around my big one. It's supposed to perform great in low light, but it definitely doesn't. I almost never pull it out of the drawer.

Then last year I bought a Pentax Optio underwater camera for $200, which is supposed to be pretty crappy...but I needed something for snorkeling. Surprisingly, I prefer the picture quality of my underwater camera being used as a regular camera than I do the quality of my Fuji!

Hey Laura, have you got any pics from that underwater cam from underwater that I could see? I was looking at getting one of those. Thanks.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While there are a number of good digital cameras in that price range, one of my preferred ones is the following:

9454994_sb.jpg

Canon is one of my preferred brands. This one has a 10x optical zoom, which gives you more flexibility. Also has image stabilization and uses SD card which is one of the cheaper and more readily available mediums.

Nikon L-100 also good, but a little more on the bulky side.

9220229_rb.jpg

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
While there are a number of good digital cameras in that price range, one of my preferred ones is the following:

9454994_sb.jpg

Canon is one of my preferred brands. This one has a 10x optical zoom, which gives you more flexibility. Also has image stabilization and uses SD card which is one of the cheaper and more readily available mediums.

9220229_rb.jpg

Thanks for the additions! I'm not sure when I'll buy my next one since I just bought the Kodak in October but I am definitely going to do more research next time. I bought it at Best Buy and I talked with the guy working there for a few minutes about exactly what I was looking for and that was what he recommended. Definitely not happy with it though.

WDWFigment

While it's getting a bit old in the tooth, if you're looking to go the DSLR route, there have been plenty of deals on the D40 recently around the $350 mark. You could probably find one on Craigslist for $300. Or just watch for a deal on a new one for around $300.

tiaragirl

I love my Cannon, but it has just recently decided to ________ out on me. It appears that I have a lens error, which shouldn't be happening since it's been chilling without use for about two weeks.. and I got it in August.

Will be having words with Future Shop soon.

That being said, I've had Cannon's before that worked beautifully until someone dropped them in a lake and/or they got misplaced by my sister.. so read up on the reviews and hopefully you'll find something you like!

Millie.T.Cook

I have a Nikon L-100 and I think I wore it out. Very good camera though.

9454994_sb.jpg

business process management

9220229_rb.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom