Believe Vs. Wishes

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is experiancing some magic in their lives. I have a quick question for you guys. Who has seen BOTH "Believe...There's Magic in the stars" AND "Wishes...A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams"? I was wondering what one people enjoyed more and why. I did a search, but didn't seem to find much so I thought I would ask. Thanks everyone! :)

marchofthecards

Believe v Wishes

Hey Mouse's Magic,

Both are indeed very magical. I enjoy both, but Believe just pips Wishes at the post for me. I prefer the musical score and it gets me every time at the end. I suppose it is down to personal experience and favourite park, afterall these are the settings which influence your experience of the show.

However, Wishes also has a special place in my heart too. Birthday up on the Contemporary, going outside to watch it...nothing finer!!!

Rgds

Simes

ToTBellHop

Agreed...Believe has a much better theme song, and I think it has much more diverse pyro--Wishes rocks but the shooting star effect is over-used, and becomes less and less impressive as the show goes. Believe used it less, so when the sky would go dark in the middle of the finale and we only saw the shooting star, it was much more effective. Like just about everything else between the two Magic Kingdoms, Believe is much more intimate while Wishes is over-done on a larger scale but not as effective. Wishes is too choppy...and the villains pyro/music is definitely better in Believe

I can't wait for Remember...Dreams Come True :D

dixiegirl

HUH? ok i consider myself a disney nut but what is believe?? and remember? i'm so confused!!! :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
To clear some stuff up, "Wishes...A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams" is what we have in WDW, "Believe...There's Magic in the Stars", is what DL has right now and "Remember...Dreams come true" is what DL will have for the 50th Anniversary. Now according to the disney website it says, "Disney's biggest nighttime celebration ever" which means not only will "Remember" be the biggest show in DL's history but also the biggest show that any Disney theme park has ever done! :)

MissM

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Like just about everything else between the two Magic Kingdoms, Believe is much more intimate while Wishes is over-done on a larger scale but not as effective. Wishes is too choppy...and the villains pyro/music is definitely better in Believe
Blasphemy! Wishes is fan-freakin'-tastic! I think it's amazing, the syncing is unbelievable and the effects are perfect to the music. Believe might be cool (I don't know, I've never been to DL), but Wishes isn't even close to being choppy or overdone. In the dozens of times I've seen it, it's never failed to inspire, give goosebumps, make you smile and totally enrapture the entire viewing audience. Wishes creators and employees should be darn proud of the great work they do.
-m

Captain Hank

Never seen Believe in person, but I recently saw a video, and it really isn't that different from Wishes. I was actually quite surprised at the similarities. I somewhat prefer the Wishes soundtrack, though--the person who kept saying "Believe" sounded like they had laryngitis. I'm interested to see Remember, but I recall reading somewhere that they'll have to block off significant sections of the park because of the widespread in-park effects. Could have changed since then, though.

xfkirsten

I was a huge fan of Believe, personally. I loved it! A great score, pretty theme, and a wide variety of shells. For a couple of years, it really got toned down thanks to complaints from whiny neighbors (come on, who was there first - you or Disneyland?!). However, this past May it seemed like it came back in all its former glory, and it was really a sight to see.

As Kyle said, the shooting star was overused in Wishes. In Disneyland, when they do use it, it's a very special, touching moment. Also, I don't like the character voices in Wishes. I'm just not a fan of that kind of setup, I guess. I like it to be just music.

I really loved Imagine, too, although it seems like I'm in the minority on that one. Lots of castle/rooftop pyro that was impressively synched, and great use of the under-appreciated fan effect. And the Disney medley they used in the middle... six months later, and I'm still desperately looking for a copy of that! :lol:

I'll be at Disneyland Park on May 5... so bring on Remember!

xfkirsten

hcwalker16 said:
Believe is the current Disneyland fireworks show, while Remember is the new one premeiring for the 50th Anniversary.

Technically, it hasn't been the current show since it's last run on May 30. :p Imagine... A Fantasy in the Sky ran after that, and Believe in Holiday Magic ran in November and December and into January. :) At the moment, Disneyland has no fireworks show til May 5.

DiPSU224

Anyone know if there is any video online of Believe? I don't think I'll be making it to Disneyland anytime soon, so I probably won't get to see it otherwise. :(

the-reason14

I remember seeing a Believe video at either disney central, or www.disneylandsource.com(vision fantastic) After seeing the video, Believe looks just like wishes only thing different soundtrack and different castle background.

I think Wishes would win because of the castle background and I think the soundtrack is better.

TTATraveler

I have seen both, but saw Believe a year before Wishes. So I can't fairly compare the 2. However, I do remember saying that is was MUCH better then Fantasy in The Sky or any other fireworks show WDW has had.

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
DiPSU224 said:
Anyone know if there is any video online of Believe? I don't think I'll be making it to Disneyland anytime soon, so I probably won't get to see it otherwise. :(

I stumbled upon a great site a few hours ago. It is www.visionsfantastic.com. It has over 70 videos of rides and attractions from Disneyland and California Adventure. To find the "Believe" video, first enter the site. Then on the left there is a Disneyland section and a California Adventure section. Under the Disneyland section, the last item listed is "Live Shows and Parades". Click there. Download the file called "Believe...Theres Magic in the Stars (final performance)". Thats what your looking for!

TheOneVader

Never seen Believe, and only seen Wishes twice. I'd much rather see IllumiNations then Wishes anyday. It's ten times better than Wishes, IMO.

ToTBellHop

It would be hard to compare Wishes and Believe for many of you who have not seen Believe--if the voices sound raspy in a video, that is poor sound editing. It sounds fine in the park.

Saying Remember will be the biggest show in Disney history is very subjective. If you go by the number of shells launched during each show, IllumiNations, with 1200 shells, will still have the most. I think Remember will use a number of shells somewhere between Wishes and IllumiNations.

Wishes not choppy? It has random breaks in the soundtrack strewn throughout the show which seems sloppy to me. I prefer Fantasmic! where the music flows seamlessly from one song to the next due to some blending of the songs--sounds much better. I agree with Kirsten...the voices don't do anything for me. They work in Fantasmic! because there are actual actors--without actors it just seems awkward.

DiPSU224

Mouse's Magic said:
I stumbled upon a great site a few hours ago. It is www.visionsfantastic.com. It has over 70 videos of rides and attractions from Disneyland and California Adventure. To find the "Believe" video, first enter the site. Then on the left there is a Disneyland section and a California Adventure section. Under the Disneyland section, the last item listed is "Live Shows and Parades". Click there. Download the file called "Believe...Theres Magic in the Stars (final performance)". Thats what your looking for!

Thanks, I'm excited to check it out! :)

xfkirsten

Mouse's Magic said:

Yup, that's a wonderful site! RU42's multi-angle edits there are not to be missed! :) He did one for Believe this past spring during the last few showings of its run, and last I saw, it was still up at Visions Fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom