Believe it or not... Disney is a good place for thrill rides!

Fossil

Original Poster
Everyone states that if u want thrill rides go to IOA. Well... Disney has them too. Think about it Disney has Test Track, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Space Mountain(not the best but still a thrill), Tower of Terror and IOA has The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and Doctor Dooms Free Fall. So its the same thing. Now... if you want to consider Jurrasic Park and Dudley Do-rights ripsaw falls thrill rides then Disney has Splash Moutain. The only difference is that Disney looks better. He He:lol:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I believe that Disney is a theme park in the truest sense of the word......Universal can make a good coaster, sure, but they cannot entertain everyone at the same time like disney can.

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But never all of the people all of the time."

Well....WDW comes pretty close.

Sketch105

Personally, Disney is great. Alot of people think Disney's for kids, but they really cater to many tastes, just like Universal doesn't only cater to adults. Thats why IOA constructed more kids rides after opening and why Disney adds thrill rides (ToT and RnR).

Its all about everybody catering to everyone.

But I do think Disney kicks it quite well in some areas. I went to IOA last weekend, and while on Dudley Do-Rights Rip Saw Falls, I thought: Wow. Disney's Splash Mt. does so much better with theming. RipSaw Falls looks like its missing a lot of scenery. I mean A lot. But they got a lot of good puns in that ride, though.

Bairstow

IOA still has the edge on WDW in terms of thrill rides, especially when you consider that they three rides you mentioned, Rockin, TestTrack, ToT, and the Mountains are spread out over three parks and you would need to do a lot of park-hopping, not to mention buy admission to multiple parks, in order to ride all three. IOA has about as many thrill rides as all the Disney Parks put together, in one area and for one admission price. Yes, Disney is still cleaner and more entertaining, but IOA has them beat in thrill rides. 'Course, if I wanted rollercoasters I'd go to Six Flags, but that's just me.

stingrock23

Both places have their thrills and both places have other entertainment. personally, i love them both. I guess you coudl say IOA has more "white knuckle" thrills, but a thrill is a thrill, and i think both places do well in that regards. I dont' think Universal will ever surpass disney in park attendance just for the fact that the Disney name is pretty much synonymous with theme parks, while Universal is not. I mean I love IOA and look forward to going there as i do the disney parks, but MK gets 12 mill a year and IOA only gets 6 i think, so there is a huge difference. I guess it's just people's perception or maybe they dont' know IOA exists. sorry to go off on a tangent, but overall i think both places do well in the thrill department.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Fievel
Universal can make a good coaster, sure, but they cannot entertain everyone at the same time like disney can.

LOL you mean they can "BUY a good coaster!" ;)

Fossil

Original Poster
Originally posted by Bairstow
IOA still has the edge on WDW in terms of thrill rides, especially when you consider that they three rides you mentioned, Rockin, TestTrack, ToT, and the Mountains are spread out over three parks and you would need to do a lot of park-hopping, not to mention buy admission to multiple parks, in order to ride all three. IOA has about as many thrill rides as all the Disney Parks put together, in one area and for one admission price. Yes, Disney is still cleaner and more entertaining, but IOA has them beat in thrill rides. 'Course, if I wanted rollercoasters I'd go to Six Flags, but that's just me.

I agree with you...but the only way they beat Disney in thrill rides is because they are all in one park. If all of Disney's thrill rides were in one park that would be incredible!:hammer:

JLW11Hi

If you think about it, the theme parks kinda represent each age group. Younger kids would probably prefer Disney, teenagers, who are often the thrill seekers, would prefer Universal, parents would probably prefer Disney because of the family friendlyness, and the much older people, who aren't looking for thrills, would most likely prefer Disney because of its focus on much more than rides. Not that I'm saying Disney and Universal don't have a lot of each. just looking from a more steryotypical point of view.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Anyone who just wants thrill rides can stay out for all I care...not like disney is going to go broke because they don't have the teenage boys demographic nailed down.....that's not where the money is, and Disney knows it.

Smart business my friends :)

Castle Cake Apologist

not like disney is going to go broke because they don't have the teenage boys demographic nailed down

Heeey... that could be argued! I'm 14 (15 in 18 days!) and a "boy" (Guy, whatever) and Disney is my LIFE! They've got my cash, trust me. UNIVERSAL SUCKED! ::Steps off his podium::

-Jake

isnet396

Originally posted by DisneyExpert

Heeey... that could be argued! I'm 14 (15 in 18 days!) and a "boy" (Guy, whatever) and Disney is my LIFE! They've got my cash, trust me. UNIVERSAL SUCKED! ::Steps off his podium::

-Jake

::Gets on podium::

I agree with him....I'm 14 too and NEVER liked universal.

;:Gets off podium::

Ian

WDWspider

I think that this topic has been beat into the ground forever and I am tried of trying to convience everyone to see things my way on the subject, when everyone else who posts is trying to do the same. I think there isn't a person on the boards who doesn't realize Disney has thrill rides... no major news flash there.

WDWFREAK53

IOA is FUN and I make a visit EVERY time I go to Orlando...but I make 1 visit...while the rest of the time I'm at WDW :)

There's just something about the Magic Kingdom...

sitting near the Partners statue in front of the castle, after the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks, watching the thousands of people rush to the exits and shops of Main Street. And you just sit there and watch the castle as it changes from one color to the next. The popcorn venders are closing up shop but the smell still lingers in the air. The sound of the vaccuum cleaning guys :) The hundreds of baby strollers with sleeping children in them. The balloons flying high in the air....Ahhh...just another night in the Magic Kingdom :)

Then as the popcorn smell disappears...a new scent overtakes Main Street...the smell of the Bakery and Ice Cream Shoppe where Toll House Cookies and Waffle Cones fill the air.

MMMM...YUMMY...

Hmmm...yeah...you can experience that in IOA....NOT!!!

DisneyGal

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
IOA is FUN and I make a visit EVERY time I go to Orlando...but I make 1 visit...while the rest of the time I'm at WDW :)

There's just something about the Magic Kingdom...

sitting near the Partners statue in front of the castle, after the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks, watching the thousands of people rush to the exits and shops of Main Street. And you just sit there and watch the castle as it changes from one color to the next. The popcorn venders are closing up shop but the smell still lingers in the air. The sound of the vaccuum cleaning guys :) The hundreds of baby strollers with sleeping children in them. The balloons flying high in the air....Ahhh...just another night in the Magic Kingdom :)

Then as the popcorn smell disappears...a new scent overtakes Main Street...the smell of the Bakery and Ice Cream Shoppe where Toll House Cookies and Waffle Cones fill the air.

MMMM...YUMMY...

Hmmm...yeah...you can experience that in IOA....NOT!!!

I totally agree with you!!!! The atmosphere at WDW can never be matched anywhere!!!! I feel the same way about sitting at the statue, looking at all the different colors on the castle, smelling all the yummy food.............if only I was there right now!!!! :(

leeocean

I believe that Disney is a theme park in the truest sense of the word......Universal can make a good coaster, sure, but they cannot entertain everyone at the same time like disney can.

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But never all of the people all of the time."

Well....WDW comes pretty close.

I agree.

CmdrTostada

also gets on the podium...

Im 15 year old guy and I like Disney better than Universal. Also sometimes it depends in what mood your in for what type of ride you want to go on.

CAPTAIN HOOK

IOA is a theme park full of thrill rides. Disney provides four theme parks, each with a selection of entertainment for the entire family. There are thrill rides in each of Disneys Parks, but then different people like different things - If we all liked the same things there would be a lot of empty theme parks out there.

Disney does what it does better than anyone else.......I'm sure that if a thrill park appeared at WDW it would be better than IOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom