Believe at DL / Wishes at WDW

Supermatt70

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
since he designed Believe AND Wishes, there will be many similarities between these shows...

You are correct sir! Change the little boy into Jiminy Cricket and you are very close to "Wishes." He also created the ill fated Luminaria for DCA. His shows are VERY good, but follow a routine: A warm & fuzzy voice speaks to you--original song--famous Disney (or Christmas) music--warm fuzzy voice again--original song again--big finish--soft song to exit by (kinda like a reprise but with the lights back up).

I can't even begin to say how excited I am about Magic Kingdom getting one of his shows!

SorcererMickey

Original Poster
I'm excited for / about this new show... Unfortunatley, it means I'll never get to see FITS.. Which, from what I hear, isn't that spectacular anyway..

It's a darn shame that I've only been to WDW once, and I am completely obsessed with the place. Hope to squeeze in a trip this year before my pass runs out.. Here's WISHing. :animwink:

Karl

Thrawn

Account Suspended
FITS is still a great show. One comment I made on my recent trip was that I forgot how good Disney is at fireworks.

BTW, on the Believe video, I love the Mickey firework @ 9:54 of the clip.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
You know one thing Ive been thinking about? Its where people will be able to stand. Provided the ending will be as its been talked about (Fireworks being shot off in FantasyLand), how close do you think they'll let people get.

I ask this because of Illuminations, we're pretty close during those fireworks as it is. Sorry if it seems like Im rambling, just giving a thought.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
It seems the celebration has already started to kick up. I've noticed those sheets they put on the lightpost (Like they had for 100 YoM), I saw a few over at MK today and they're on every post at DownTown Disney.

SorcererMickey

Original Poster
It seems the celebration has already started to kick up. I've noticed those sheets they put on the lightpost (Like they had for 100 YoM), I saw a few over at MK today and they're on every post at DownTown Disney.

Sounds cool.. Think you could get a pic of 'em? I loved the 100YoM posters..

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I'll try to get out there again tomorrow but basically they are blue or red or yellow, have Tinker Bell on them, a few stars here and there and the words "Magical Gatherings"

Supermatt70

Wishes

So, I've heard the soundtrack a couple of times now and I really think I might like it a little better than Believe. At first the whole Starlight, Starbright thing turned me off, but the more I listened to it, the more it grew on me. The formula is just as I said, the same as Believe. It does have a "pop" version of the theme that plays after the show. While I have not seen the show yet, I have seen the storyboards and the script. They are trying very hard to make an emotionial connection with this show---more so than even the Holiday version of Believe. I think, just my humble opinion here, that this will be a HUGE hit!

Mild Spoliers Ahead

Tink will fly at the begining
The Blue Fairy "appears" at the end of the show
Not only Jiminy speaks, but Cinderella, Genie and the Evil Queen have speaking parts.
Air Mickey will appear in the show as do the comet and fan effects from Believe

colliera

Best Place

Fantasyland may not be the best place to view Wishes. When they began testing Feb. 7 all the low level fireworks were illuminating the Main St. side of the castle.

Supermatt70

Re: Best Place

Originally posted by colliera
Fantasyland may not be the best place to view Wishes. When they began testing Feb. 7 all the low level fireworks were illuminating the Main St. side of the castle.

You're right. This is a show that you'll want to watch from Main Street USA or the hub area. Pyro will be shot off of the Mickey's PhilharMagic and Snow White's Scary Adventures show buildings as well as the castle itself. They will also keep the current area where pyro is shot from now for higher level effects.

Main Street USA is going to be soooo crowded for Wishes, but Wishes is going to be soooo good!

mkepcotmgmak

the blue fairy will "appear"? what does that mean? the character, or like some sort of special effect?

ALSO - does ANYONE know how they pull off the Tink in believe? look at the video right before the main fireworks start, and you will see her come up from the left, CIRCLE the castle going up and down, and go back down where she came from... HOW IS TINK DOING THIS?

Supermatt70

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
the blue fairy will "appear"? what does that mean? the character, or like some sort of special effect?

ALSO - does ANYONE know how they pull off the Tink in believe? look at the video right before the main fireworks start, and you will see her come up from the left, CIRCLE the castle going up and down, and go back down where she came from... HOW IS TINK DOING THIS?

Tink in Believe is just like Tink in FITS and in Wishes. Sleeping Beauty's Castle sparkles at the begining of Believe (the little bell/chime noises), but there is a real person flying for Tink in Believe(at the end) & Wishes. Disneyland Paris uses a fiber-optic Tink for their FITS show.

As to your question/comment about the Blue Fairy, she is a pyro special effect. A very cool one in the story boards/script that I was shown.

Re: Re: Best Place

Originally posted by Supermatt70
You're right. This is a show that you'll want to watch from Main Street USA or the hub area. Pyro will be shot off of the Mickey's PhilharMagic and Snow White's Scary Adventures show buildings as well as the castle itself. They will also keep the current area where pyro is shot from now for higher level effects.

Main Street USA is going to be soooo crowded for Wishes, but Wishes is going to be soooo good!
Tinker at the beginning of believe in DL is a Laser beam. The actual flight of Tink (the person) doesn't take place until near the end and before the finale. She flies from the Matterhorn across the castle to frontierland.

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak

Here is the post I meant to quote.

CTXRover

Re: Wishes

Originally posted by Supermatt70
So, I've heard the soundtrack a couple of times now and I really think I might like it a little better than Believe.

Where did you get the opportunity to hear the soundtrack? I am really anxious to hear it myself, but I imagine that it isn't a public thing yet, right?

mkepcotmgmak

Re: Re: Re: Best Place

Originally posted by mickclub1955
Tinker at the beginning of believe in DL is a Laser beam. The actual flight of Tink (the person) doesn't take place until near the end and before the finale. She flies from the Matterhorn across the castle to frontierland.

thanks - thats exactly what i was looking for - becuase i knew that had to be tink at the beginning, the way it circled the castle, i will have to rewatch the video to see the "real" tink near the end... must have missed that... thanks!

Supermatt70

Re: Re: Re: Best Place

Originally posted by mickclub1955

Agh! I didn't see the video in this thread, but how could I not know what he was talking about?! :hammer:

Thank you for setting me straight as to what the poster was asking about! I thought he was talking/asking about Tink not being a real person in Believe & being like DLP's Tink. :veryconfu

Sorry & thanks!

Supermatt70

Re: Re: Wishes

Originally posted by CTXRover
Where did you get the opportunity to hear the soundtrack? I am really anxious to hear it myself, but I imagine that it isn't a public thing yet, right?

My role provided me an opportunity to preview Wishes and listen to the soundtrack a few times. It is not public yet and we were told that there would be a CD for sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom