Belated Trip Report 9/19 - 9/26 (with my engagement story)

Ok I know its a little late but here it is...

who went: me (jessica ), my boyfriend(now fiance) rich, my father steve, my father girlfriend jen, my brother josh

rich and i flew into MCO from providence meeting my father, jen and josh who flew in from raleigh about 40 minutes before us. we got right on the magical express bus and headed to pop century. we checked in around noon time. ate lunch in the food court and then headed to our rooms. my father jen and josh were in the 70's building, rich and i were in the 80s building # 7 room 7116. pop century was nice. i loved the transportation. it was very easy to get on and not really any waits. the only night that was tough was EMH at mk it took us about and hour to get a bus back to the hotel. however with free dining, emh, and a value resort - it was bound to happen lol. the only other complaint i had about the resort is there seemed to be towels left everywhere. on trash bins, on the grounds, everywhere. kids owuld play in the goofy water area and the parents would just leave there towels there. but other than that the resort was very well kept and i would definitely choose it over the all stars.

lets start of with mk - we went there several times (i wont do a day by day report because honestly, i forgot a what days we did what). but overall there were hardly any waits. we walked on splash mountain (which was actually down the first day we got there and there was also an announcement made over the whole park for someone, that was the first time i ever heard anything like that done in wdw, it was my 14th trip, so i knew something serious was going on, whether or not it had to do with splash i have no idea). we walked on big thunder, pirates, space mountain, buzz lightyear and anumber of other rides. this was the shortest i have ever seen the lines. i finally went on stitchs great escape. i never had the urge to go on, but we rich my brother and i were waiting for my father and jen to meet us at mk so we went on. definitely not impressed lol. stitch was very cute. but the attraction itself wasnt. the big mirror and some castle decor was still up when we got there, but by the time we left, it was no longer there. we ate at the crystal palace the second day we were there. food is wonderful as always. however character interaction wasnt so well. eeyore and piglet skipped us, twice. oh and the last night i was there i spotted horizons78 (aka doug) wearing a wdwmagic tee shirt!!! we chatted for a bit nice to meet you doug!:wave:

epcot - i really got to take the time to go through the countries this trip. we spent a good 4 - 5 hours doing so. i enjoyed it very much. we went on soarin twice. 1 time was a 5 min wait and another about 10 - 15. we walked onto test track once(rich and i got there early the second morning to sort out some ticket trouble at guest relations. when my travel agent booked tickets for rich and jen, the name on the company credit card was what the purchase was under, and not mine. so there was a hard time getting the tickets but luckily i knew the name it was under so then we did some rides before the rest of our group got there) and the next time we had gotten fast passes (it was a 30 min wait that was too long of a wait for my father who is one of the most impatient people i know :hammer: ) we went into the living seas for about 20 minutes to cool off (it was soooo hot). then we did the usuals : SSE, JIYI, took pictures with Figment, shopped. it was one of my most pleasurable vacations with the crowd levels being so low, epcot seemed empty. we visited about 4 times during our vacation.

disney-mgm studios - Rock n' roller coaster became a favorite for jen who is a huge aerosmith (mostly steven tyler) fan lol. we walked right on to that. walked onto the great movie ride, star tours was a 5 minute wait, LMA wasn't even half full when we went to see it. I made evryone watch the disney stars and motor cars parade just for mater and lightning mcqueen haha. we ate at sci fi diner. i love the atmosphere there, however, there aren't very many food choices but the food was good. we went through one mans dream. i love it, and i always choke up during the movie. we also saw voyage of the little mermaid. we went to mgm twice during the vacation. and yet we never got to see fantasmic! :(

animal kingdom - let me start off by saying that i LOVED expedition everest. It was so fun. although a lot of people complained that its too short, but with disney i guess you have to keep the ride short to keep the lines moving. but it was a great ride. and we also walked right on to it. kali river rapids was closed which was unfortunate because it was so hot outside. we walked on to dinosaur! no one wanted to go on primevil whirl haha. we went on kilimanjaro safaris unfortunately there werent many animals out, im assuming the heat was playing a big factor in that. we walked around a lot. saw festival of the lion king - that show still continues to give me goosebumps. i ran into my travel agent in animal kingdom. i saw her getting her infamous family photo done on the bridge entering the oasis. i wish we had spent more time at AK but it was soooo hot.

Downtown Disney - we spent a half day there. ate at planet hollywood (we took advantage with our table services here. we felt like we had to be rolled out of there when we left). walked through PI over to the marketplace. lots of construction walls up there. DTD is very relaxing to spend half a day at its kind of a break from the rest of the vacation.

we rented mouse boats at Fort Wilderness. Richs stalled out haha. i spent a lot of time out front of MK and around the polynesian (while keeping a close eye on the wedding pavilion lol. a girl can dream right? haha).

the weather was so hot there while we were there. i probably would wait a few weeks into october instead of going in september again. however it only rained the first day we got there for like 2 hours and then one more time but it was at like 1am so we were all sleeping. the rest of the time was sunny with partial clouds here and there.

the other issue was those darn love bugs! im not one to get grossed out by bugs (unless its a slug or snail) but they were just taking over! it was ridiculous!

ok so now heres the most important part of mytrip ;)

we went to epcot on the second day we were there (9/20) and then went to mk for dinner at the crystal palace. i started noticing a lot of quiet talk going on between rich and my father. and as we were getting ready to watch wishes hes showing my father how to use to camcorder. and im thinking "why is he using it and not rich?". i knew something was up though. rich was acting way too silly. so then he asks how long wishes was and i said "12 - 13 minutes" and he put one hand on his heart and one on his stomach and looked like he was gonna pass out and he said "i thought it was longer than that!" lol then he was asking about when the finale was etc etc. also my father tol dhim to go "check the popcorn line" which was richs cue to put the ring in the box (he had it in his wallet lol). so wishes starts. and hes standing behind me with hsi arms around my waist saying hes glad i have stuck around for 5 years and how much he loves me and how much i mean to him. and then the part with the Beauty and the Beast (my absolute fav movie) music comes on and i got a big smile and said OOOOH OOOH MY FAVORITE PART and he said Well I have a question for you, and he got on one knee, pulled out the ring and said "Will you marry me?" he had tears in his eyes, i was crying, people around us are clapping i have my fathers gf taking pics in my face my father videotaping, and of course, i said yes! i was surprised. he told me the week before when we went too look at rings that he didnt get approved for one. but he did. so he had me convinced there wasnt a ring. we cried and hugged and it seemd like a million people were patting us on the backs saying congratulations. it was just the most picture perfect proposal. i know its a common place and time (on main street during wishes) but to me, it couldn't have been any better. MK is my most favorite place ever! and Wishes is my favorite show Ever! and Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie ever! it was all just so perfect! lol and we have it all on tape!!!

so thats my trip report. one of the most amazing and memorable trips to WDW! oh and we got the mickey and minnie wedding figurine for our cake.a nd of course our honey moon will be disney cruise line and wdw <3

thanks for reading guys! hope you liked it!

disneypearl

Sounds like a great time! Congratulations on the engagement! That sounds so perfect. What a nice memory and it's great that you have photos and video!

figment1985

Ahh!! Congrats!!! I got engaged at Ecpot only a few days before you! (9/13/06) and my wedding will be in October too!!!! Maybe I'll see you when we are on our honeymoon as well at Disney!!!! :)

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Ahh!! Congrats!!! I got engaged at Ecpot only a few days before you! (9/13/06) and my wedding will be in October too!!!! Maybe I'll see you when we are on our honeymoon as well at Disney!!!! :)

Congrats to you too! We will be starting off on the disney cruise lien which the one we want doesnt leave until nov 3rd or on oct 20th whcih is the date we want for the wedding but if it moves up who knows. then we will spend a few days at the polynesian (its my honeymoon we can spoil ourselves lol)
you got engaged one week to the day before me! lol where abouts did this occur in epcot? and how??? i love proposal stories :)

PineapplePrincess

Congratulations! I cried as I was reading it. I didn't get engaged at WDW, but we did honeymoon at the Poly. Here's wishing you and your fiancee a long, happy, Disney life together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom