Being Drunk in the World

OneofThree

Your opinion is just like any other customer without any more force than single ply toilet paper.

If this were so, the drunken fools would be the rule, as opposed to the exception, albeit an unwelcome one. It's also notable that some here have witnessed Disney security er, dealing with said individuals. Best that way, really.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Some of you are making it seem like you are dodging large groups of drunk people continually. This is not the case. Are there individuals that go a little overboard? Sure. There are a few. But Disney isn't being overrun with drunks.

Every once in a while I see someone who can be classified as "hey, that one has had a bit too much to drink", and every once in a blue moon you encounter one who could be considered s***faced. Those are usually dealt with quickly. Best to ignore them and move on your way.

The majority of us enjoy a few drinks, are responsible, and don't ruin things for others. Sure, from time to time we may catch a little buzz, have a little fun, let our hair down. Nothing wrong with that.

It could be worse - think.....Drunk Brazilian Tour Group

Cheekylittlerobot

Just gonna pop in here even though this isn't really my kind of thing...
Even though two people have already said this before, no one seems to get this: Drinking isn't the issue. Drinking TOO MUCH is the issue. It's the people who make it unfun and uncomforting for others, especially families and children. That's all.

I personally think they should limit people to three generously sized drinks/ four small drinks since that's the driving limit. Even though some of you may have a larger limit, the average person may not be able to handle it.

Plus, I don't really get the point of paying about $100 for something, only to get drunk and have to go home early. Waste of money...
I've seen a few people passed out/ laying down at the Oddesy and a guy puking in the bushes... :hungover:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I personally think they should limit people to three generously sized drinks/ four small drinks since that's the driving limit. Even though some of you may have a larger limit, the average person may not be able to handle it.

Conceptually there should be some type of checks and balance. But a blanket limit isn't going to work. I mean if someone hits the park at 9am and stays a full 12 hours - then 4-5 drinks isn't overdoing it. IMO. Adversely - some one walking into the park at 7:30pm and slamming 3 large drinks in an hour probably isn't going to handle it well.

Then you have the festivals. Many people order things but not all things are consumed. If I try a $5 experiment with an alcoholic beverage that sounds interesting to me....and find I don't like it (therefore I don't finish it) - what is the metric for that?

laben594

My husband got severe food poisoning one night at Epcot. Threw up 3 times in a plastic bag on our way out of the park as we were trying to rush out. Everyone assumed he was drunk and they were making comments towards us-both of us were stone cold sober not a drink all day. But I’m sure the judgemental “sober Disney” crew were the ones being nasty towards us 😂

MAGICFLOP

My husband got severe food poisoning one night at Epcot. Threw up 3 times in a plastic bag on our way out of the park as we were trying to rush out. Everyone assumed he was drunk and they were making comments towards us-both of us were stone cold sober not a drink all day. But I’m sure the judgemental “sober Disney” crew were the ones being nasty towards us 😂
Your absolutely correct.. Many people gets sick at Disney. My self and wife got food poisoning from the America food pavilion (EPCOT), but we did not get sick in the park, it started once we got back.

As far as people getting drunk... You take the fact that it is hot and couple that with people dehydrated, one beer is all most women need to be fall down drunk.. My wife is one, but she doesn't drink when it hot out, because she has been thru it...

Buy a margarita at Mexico pavilion and drink it down when you are dehydrated... that will do it...

SteveUK

I’m not sure alcohol is the problem, I think that’s a bit of a distraction. Drunkenness, taken to mean behaving in an anti-social manner does not result purely from alcohol use. Alcohol is a disinhibitor, but I don’t believe should provide the excuse or explanation for poor behaviour. If somebody is willing to use alcohol in an irresponsible manner, the alcohol is the symptom, not the cause.

I’m not anti-alcohol at all, I enjoy a few beers myself. But I know when to stop, and do not drink to a level where I would make others uncomfortable. That’s why I am against limits. You can’t prescribe ‘3 beers’ and expect that to suit everybody. I may be able to drink 5 and not behave as poorly as somebody will after 2. Limits are too subjective, it’s the behaviour not the number.

I have been made extremely uncomfortable by many sober people in WDW. Selfish and unacceptable behaviour is a wider issue than alcohol, and I think that to focus purely on people drinking too much, misses the point. It’s the underlying entitlement and anti-social attitudes that cause the problem, not the beer.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I’m not sure alcohol is the problem, I think that’s a bit of a distraction. Drunkenness, taken to mean behaving in an anti-social manner does not result purely from alcohol use. Alcohol is a disinhibitor, but I don’t believe should provide the excuse or explanation for poor behaviour. If somebody is willing to use alcohol in an irresponsible manner, the alcohol is the symptom, not the cause.

I’m not anti-alcohol at all, I enjoy a few beers myself. But I know when to stop, and do not drink to a level where I would make others uncomfortable. That’s why I am against limits. You can’t prescribe ‘3 beers’ and expect that to suit everybody. I may be able to drink 5 and not behave as poorly as somebody will after 2. Limits are too subjective, it’s the behaviour not the number.

I have been made extremely uncomfortable by many sober people in WDW. Selfish and unacceptable behaviour is a wider issue than alcohol, and I think that to focus purely on people drinking too much, misses the point. It’s the underlying entitlement and anti-social attitudes that cause the problem, not the beer.
disinhib.jpg

Chef Mickey

Unpopular, but I don't think alcohol should be a part of WDW at all. It won't happen because of money or if there is an "incident," but I think its availability should be severely reduced and controlled.

Currently, it's not being managed well, partiuclarly at EPCOT. Too many drunk people in a family environment.

OneofThree

Unpopular, but I don't think alcohol should be a part of WDW at all. It won't happen because of money or if there is an "incident," but I think its availability should be severely reduced and controlled.

Currently, it's not being managed well, partiuclarly at EPCOT. Too many drunk people in a family environment.

I don't like the idea of "managing" the problem as such. Grown people should be able to self-regulate.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

A shame we can't send you high and mighty anti-booze people back to the age of prohibition were you belong.
Please with the snark.

I am far from anti-booze or high and mighty. I'm as socially liberal as you can be. I think drugs should be legal too, but everything has a time and place. I get the wine with dinner or a beer in Germany at EPCOT, but even a few people misusing alcohol in a family-friendly environment can ruin it for everyone. Drunk people are sometimes hard to avoid and their behavior is disruptive in close quarters. Families with kids shouldn't have to dodge these hooligans, few as it may be. I've been to EPCOT hundreds of times at night and can vouch for there being a fair number every night.

Hockey89

Popular opinion you don't get to tell me or anybody else what to do. I've been to Disney 50 plus times and I've never noticed a major problem. I haven't been in a few years so maybe everything has gone to hell but I doubt it.

I'd rather they get rid of scooters... Much more annoying since they think they can run you over

Chef Mickey

Popular opinion you don't get to tell me or anybody else what to do. I've been to Disney 50 plus times and I've never noticed a major problem. I haven't been in a few years so maybe everything has gone to hell but I doubt it.

I'd rather they get rid of scooters... Much more annoying since they think they can run you over
I can’t tell you what to do, but Disney can and that’s the point.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The virtue signalers are out in full force on this thread. Let me give you some advice. Don't go to Europe. People tend to drink in public places there and, gasp!!!, smoke too. It may be enough to melt your little snowflake brains.
You do realise that over here in Euopethe smoking laws are getting tougher and tougher. It is far less socially acceptable to smoke in public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom