beignet's and Port Orleans

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
My sister wants to try the beignet's at Port Orleans (mainly because she found out that's the stuff Tiana makes ^^) but she was worried if they had fillings she might not like. she's heard some people make them with Crawfish, potatoes, and other things and was worried if they did that in Port Orleans. Anyone know?

rainfully

They are just plain... they have no fillings... just hallow topped with TONS of powdered sugar!! They are very good but very messy! :slurp:

DizneyPryncess

My sister wants to try the beignet's at Port Orleans (mainly because she found out that's the stuff Tiana makes ^^) but she was worried if they had fillings she might not like. she's heard some people make them with Crawfish, potatoes, and other things and was worried if they did that in Port Orleans. Anyone know?

That's the same reason I wanted to try a beignet! They looked yummy in Princess & the Frog, even though they were animated. :lol:
The ones at POFQ look like they are made of the same thing donuts are made of - I did a little search for the recipe. Eww crawfish...bleh. I can understand her worry!

Rufus T Firefly

The beignets served at POFQ are simply deep fried little "pillows" of dough with no filling. They are then buried in powdered sugar and are quite tasty. :slurp:

lebeau

We just tried the beignet's for the first time. My wife and I thought they were okay. Not worth the walk from POR to POFQ, but tasty. Our 4-year-old wouldn't touch them at first. But then she ended up scarfing down all the left-overs once they had cooled down.

When my wife ordered them, she got two orders of 6. I'd say to stick with orders of 3. More than that is hard to eat.

Phonedave

They are not bad, but I found them overly greasy, heavy, and with WAAAAY too much powdered sugar.

I have had beignets in New Orleans and they were a lot lighter and less filling (but still filling, just less so than the POFQ ones)

I can't see crawfish (or anything savory) as a filling. I mean heck, I love crawfish, but not in what is basicly a fried doughnut.

-dave

lebeau

I am sooooo going to POFQ just to have them even though I'm staying nowhere near!

I wouldn't go too far out of my way!

Like Phonedave, I thought they were too greasy and heavy. I can make better donuts at home with canned biscuits, a deep fryer and some powdered sugar.

heartodisney

Also, be ready, they are big, one order was more than enough for my wife and I. Only thing missing is an Orange Julius and sitting at a table at Cafe Dumonds people watching! P.S.: try to be the first to blow suger on someone in your group!

Phonedave

I wouldn't go too far out of my way!

Like Phonedave, I thought they were too greasy and heavy. I can make better donuts at home with canned biscuits, a deep fryer and some powdered sugar.

I don't know where the OP (or any of the others) are located.

But if anybody wants to try them, and not go tramping all over WDW to get some, the Grand Lux Cafe makes decent beignets. At least the one in Paramus does.

http://www.grandluxcafe.com/locations.htm

Todd L

Had them when we stayed at Pofq last trip and cant wait to have them when we go back this summer. They are great.

GoofyRacer11

If anybody is interested there is a book called Disney Desserts that has the recipe for them. Just let me know if you are and I will give the recipe to you.

pjulie75

We were excited about trying them as we were staying in POFQ and heard so much about them, bit too excited:ROFLOL:, they were:hurl:, too greasy, we hardly ate any and binned the rest.

lbrad

We were excited about trying them as we were staying in POFQ and heard so much about them, bit too excited:ROFLOL:, they were:hurl:, too greasy, we hardly ate any and binned the rest.
I agree with you :hurl: Had them last Nov.....heavy, greasy, yuck!
buy a funnel cake...its much better!

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
They are just plain... they have no fillings... just hallow topped with TONS of powdered sugar!! They are very good but very messy! :slurp:
Thank You very much. My sister thanks you too :wave: They sound yummy :D
Be awesome of Tiana brought them to your table. I wouldn't mind Tiana serving me. She's a fine lookin' woman :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom