Behind the Walls Tour

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney released some behind the walls video of the Fantasyland expansion to the media today. I found a fairly low quality version of the raw video here:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2012/07/disneys-fantasyland-magic-coming.html

Despite the quality there are a couple really cool things to see in there including a shot from within the Mine Ride structure and a shot of one of the waterfalls running. I am still looking for a better quality copy of this video.

Found a new report here that contains some of the video:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2012/07/disneys-fantasyland-magic-coming.html

Preview pictures of the new costumes here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...magic-kingdom-20120711,0,2325279.photogallery

tdpolo26

wow waterfalls are ready tooo... this is just looks better and better.... wonder what the occasion for the press day was? I dont think many companies just hold a press day for the fun of it on a wed. Anyone out there think something is comming? maybe a opening date for ariel?

Captain Chaos

wow waterfalls are ready tooo... this is just looks better and better.... wonder what the occasion for the press day was? I dont think many companies just hold a press day for the fun of it on a wed. Anyone out there think something is comming? maybe a opening date for ariel?

Don't read too much into this... This was an event to announce 1500 jobs to be created... I spoke with a friend who was involved with the media event...

With that said, yea, I mean, Disney will have to eventually announce an opening date... This event today is not a precursor to that...

mickeysbrother

I hope so.... Ill be there in september.. And like i said in some other posts it looks to be a month or 2 away from being ready. The ride has been ready for a while now apparently. Just looks like finishing touches...

tdpolo26

Don't read too much into this... This was an event to announce 1500 jobs to be created... I spoke with a friend who was involved with the media event...

With that said, yea, I mean, Disney will have to eventually announce an opening date... This event today is not a precursor to that...
darn

What was that metal structure they were inside of? Was that part of the mine train ride?

yeah that was the mine train
I hope so.... Ill be there in september.. And like i said in some other posts it looks to be a month or 2 away from being ready. The ride has been ready for a while now apparently. Just looks like finishing touches...
i am there end of sept so we will see
i am hoping they can at least open the area it would be nice to at least walk around and see it all somehow i dont think it will happen

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I cannot wait to see this all in person this winter. The waterfall and the trees add so much here. I loved the detailed rockwork on the bridge, and it was really a good shot to show how effective the forced perspective was on Beast's castle. It also does show that there are some areas (Belle's village) that do have a decent amount of work left, though it might be deceiving and could be just paving and installing the last touches. Overall, I know that I am highly impressed at the detail work in this all.

Baloo62

Very cool jagged-looking rockwork along the top of the bridge to BOG. I think the small metal framework is some sort of check-in booth for reservations maybe?

phi2134

Everytime I see a video like this, I am still very surprised and in awe of how big this whole land and the features are. When you see photos from the ground and especially the air, it doesn't do it justice. So much more impressive when they have video up close.

Baloo62

Very cool jagged-looking rockwork along the top of the bridge to BOG. I think the small metal framework is some sort of check-in booth for reservations maybe?

...or a minimal food service location? Looks like openings for two small service windows on the front.

HokieDevil

It was awesome to see the testing of the waterfall and to be inside the Mine train coaster. The shot of Belle's cottage though was amazing. You do really feel like you've been transported completely to the movie. WOW.

It also seems like a lot of us are planning to make our trips at the end of September. Here's to hoping these ares will be open for our visits. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

This is what I am thinking also. It's right at the end of the bridge which only leads to the Be Our Guest resturant so it really wouldn't make sense to put anything else there. I keeping meaning to take a look at the movie and see if the strucutre represents something that seen in the movie.

lexgoodsir

Noooooo, I only just found it myself and got excited about posting it haha! Ah well, i can't stop watching it, it's so exciting to see the waterfalls getting ready to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom