Behind the walls at Toy Story Mania and American Idol! (photos)

kc1296426

Original Poster
Yesterday I got some photos of Toy Story Mania and American Idol behind the construction walls, just to give you an idea how some things look. Steve, feel free to use these pictures as long as you credit me for taking them. :)
And beware, this pictures are a little large, sorry about that.

2428975537_f57bb28c3a_b.jpg

Overall look of the TSM site, with the Pixar letters in the background.

2429790096_845e0be207_b.jpg

Now in between a little crack in the wall...

2428979755_d84308ee4e_b.jpg

Another look.

2429794220_c31c865007_b.jpg

Zoomed in a little bit. Notice the colored painted walls on the building, just a little theming going on there. Lots of construction walls, maybe the building on the right will be the exit shop or something?

I forgot to go over on the other side to get a picture behind the walls there, oh well. Maybe I can get it next weekend or so.

Now for American Idol pictures.
2429796366_bc1b03048c_b.jpg

From in front of the walls.

2428986115_ae4d9f0e32_b.jpg

In between a small crack in the walls. Looks like they are putting up a post for a sign, or something. No idea.

2428988409_901f03d4f5_b.jpg

More pictures.

2429803324_bf50ef5b88_b.jpg

Moar, you say?

2428993001_dda281c700_b.jpg

Kind of the same pictures, but whatever. Moar the better. Take a look at those orange lines on the ground, don't know what they're for but they look
like something new is going to be put there.

Mrs.PhD

Thanks for the pictures. Fly down in less then 2 weeks and I can't wait.

We fly home on May 10th, but we hope to go to MGM that day for the Toy story AP opening that morning before we go to the airport. I hope it acutally opens then.

kc1296426

Original Poster
Thanks guys.

Yeah, you can sort of make out the theming that's placed in front of the building, the exterior looks like it's near some-what completion.

aladdin2007

It looks like Toy Story Mania is suppose to resemble a Toy Shop from the outside maybe? but um im still getting old navy or walgreens vibes even moreso now.

krankenstein

It looks like Toy Story Mania is suppose to resemble a Toy Shop from the outside maybe? but um im still getting old navy or walgreens vibes even moreso now.

I thought the building was suppose to resemble the actual PIXAR Animation Building. I don't know for sure but I believe I read that some place.

kc1296426

Original Poster
Thanks for the pictures! Any idea on when the walls around TSM are coming down?
I suppose they could come down for the passholder previews, but they might just open one part of the wall and keep the rest closed like they did for the early previews at SSE.

RLMickey

Wel let me put it this way...the first batch of cast previews is this Friday night!! So they are very very near done with it. :sohappy:

Einselen

Wel let me put it this way...the first batch of cast previews is this Friday night!! So they are very very near done with it. :sohappy:

Well if you ride it put up a review.

Also where do you work at? Going to Disney Friday to Tuesday. First solo trip and I got a HD Camcorder to get some videos for my new project, so I am really excited.

EpcotServo

Everyone needs to know though, any previews coming up are for Studios cast only. No friends, no family, no non-studios cast, and no real way of knowing how to get in. Information on those dates is very sketchy. I wouldn't get excited for all the 25th date and such rumors.

:wave:

coasterphil

Everyone needs to know though, any previews coming up are for Studios cast only. No friends, no family, no non-studios cast, and no real way of knowing how to get in. Information on those dates is very sketchy. I wouldn't get excited for all the 25th date and such rumors.

:wave:

I'm interested to see how they keep non-Studios CMs out, because I doubt they'll actually put the effort in to really ensure that happens.

EpcotServo

I'm interested to see how they keep non-Studios CMs out, because I doubt they'll actually put the effort in to really ensure that happens.
I don't think that they'll be going through Pixar Place (As you can see in recent pictures, it's not nearly ready for guest use)

Studios Central has some new preview dates up...

- Despite the general Studios CM previews of TSM not occuring until April 25th officially, some CM's have been able to ride. Initial feedback include that there is a LCD screen for each player in the vehicle to monitor the scores; the vehicles move a lot faster than the Buzz Lightyear ride vehicles do; the training portion of the ride where you get acclimated with your shooting operations is a little too brief perhaps; overall is very, very cool.

- Here is the rundown on TSM previews....
Studios Cast Member Previews: April 25, 9pm - Midnight; April 26 10am - 2pm & 4-8pm; April 27 7-11am & 1-5pm
General Walt Disney World Cast Member previews: May 2-4 10am-4pm.

http://www.studioscentral.com/

Disney_Freak429

Thanks for the sneak peak behind the walls. Hopefuly after Friday night we will really have some pics & maybe even video to look forward to from those nice CMs who now we can't wait much longer to see what its like on the inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom