Behind the Scenes

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I'm so curious to see Disney Storage Yards and some behind the scenes things. Does anyone know where I can find pics of anything? Also when I'm in Disney how can I LEGALLY see these things? Besides paying $50 for a tour! HeHe:hammer:

mkepcotmgmak

well - there is a site with a cool aerial (sp?) view of orlando - give me until tonight to find out what it is -

about being backstage in the parks - find a door that says cms only and walk through it - once in - roam around - until someone stops you (might not even happen) just don't look lost like a tourist - look like you are on a mission - and if you get caught - say you were looking for a bathroom.

don't ever do this - i am an ex disney cm and should never tell you to do anything like that - pm me for further instructions... lol:lookaroun

aim

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
well - there is a site with a cool aerial (sp?) view of orlando - give me until tonight to find out what it is -

about being backstage in the parks - find a door that says cms only and walk through it - once in - roam around - until someone stops you (might not even happen) just don't look lost like a tourist - look like you are on a mission - and if you get caught - say you were looking for a bathroom.

don't ever do this - i am an ex disney cm and should never tell you to do anything like that - pm me for further instructions... lol:lookaroun

:zipit:

TURKEY

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak

If you do get caught, don't be suprised to have

1. Thrown out for the day.
2. Pass revoked.
3. Charges pressed against you.

Just consider the consecquences of what might happen. I'd rather pay the $50.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I didn't mean to have you guys get all serious on me. Remember I said LEGALLY. Perhaps walking in an area where I can peak through the trees. I don't wanna do anything to upset Disney.

foxfire

I've been Backstage @ Epcot before (behind the countries) when I sang in the Candlelight Processional. I also was backstage at MGM with a friend who worked there (we took a shortcut to the ToT). Both places were rather boring, not much to see except the backs of buildings and cars.

For a glimpse of the Utilidoors, check out the Travel Channel specials on Disney World (they're on #Disney-Central on IRC), they take you inside DACS (the computer room in the MK), which was the highlight of the show for me (oh to go in there and start pushing buttons).

Um, as far as peaking between trees and such...some vantage points can help you see over construction walls and the sort (I've stood on benches before to get some good pictures). If you time it right you can glance through a fence as someone is walking through. Most of (if not all) the doors leading underground in the MK are always surrounded by employees or locked, and from what I've heard from people who have been down there, the smell isn't too pleasant. However, should I ever have $200 to spare I plan to take the Backstage Magic Tour of all 4 parks.

Hope this helps!

disneytati

I did something very wrong once... I do not regret, but I could have been caught, and then I would be in great trouble... I would never do that again, but it was fun...:animwink:

In december 1995, my aunt went to wdw, and saw MVMCP. She took pictures and when she showed me, I couldn't stop crying until I saw the plane tickets for us to go there, and we left back to Orlando two days after her arrival at home! We arrived there just in time for the last day of the party... but it was sold out!!! I couldn't stop crying again!!! Then my aunt (a typical brazilian, I would say) had the idea. When the park closes and they start trying to send us out, we go hide and stay in the park until it opens again, and... we will be in the party! Well, I thought we would not be able to make it, but we did. We went to adventureland (more trees, easier to hide, hehehe...) then we went to the bathroom, but there were lots of CMs in there, sending people out of the park. Then we climbed the wall, crossed the railroad, went down, and stayed there, behind the railroad tracks, sitting against the back wall of POTC. I was scared because of the darkness, it was really cold there (for a brazilian, Orlando is freezing in December!), but everything turned out ok. We waited, waited, and when it was time, we left, nobody saw us, and we enjoyed MVMCP without the ticket...

But I do not advise anyone to do that! I just saw the "nice and correct advice" you were giving to our friend, and remebered this episode...:lol: It shows what we are able to do because of our love for WDW!!!

Kisses to you all!

:kiss:

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
HeHe :lol: That's a great story. You are so lucky you didn't get caught. The MVMCP is great isn't it? The free cocoa, cookies and the fake snow is great. LOL I've been to it 2 times so I'm covered. :animwink: I got my trip packet in the mail today and I already put my luggage tag on my carry on. Only 32 days to go. I can't wait.

barnum42

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
I'm so curious to see Disney Storage Yards and some behind the scenes things. Does anyone know where I can find pics of anything? Also when I'm in Disney how can I LEGALLY see these things? Besides paying $50 for a tour! HeHe:hammer:

A couple of years ago I entered Magic Kingdom during that evening's first performance of Spectromagic. In order to let the guests make it to the other end of Mainstreet they opened gates to the right of Mianstreet, next to Tony's Restuarant. You then got to walk down the back of mainstreet and come out from the backstage area of the Tomorrowland theatre.

Whilst it was of some novelty value, there really was nothing much to see you could not if you went to an industrial complex.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Re: Re: Behind the Scenes

Originally posted by barnum42
In order to let the guests make it to the other end of Mainstreet they opened gates to the right of Mianstreet, next to Tony's Restuarant.

They did this on Thursday night. The most interesting thing back there was a huge tank of CO2.

disneytati

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
HeHe :lol: That's a great story. You are so lucky you didn't get caught. The MVMCP is great isn't it? The free cocoa, cookies and the fake snow is great. LOL I've been to it 2 times so I'm covered. :animwink: I got my trip packet in the mail today and I already put my luggage tag on my carry on. Only 32 days to go. I can't wait.

:lol: It was the wildest adventure in my whole life!!!:lol: But I guess I am too old now to repeat it... I am a mother now, gotta be a good example to my daughter...:) I came back to MVMCP last year. Sooooooo beautiful!

You are lucky... I don't even know when I will go back to WDW...:cry: Not until my baby gets a little older (she's 1 month old...) and I get a job. I had to quit because of the pregnancy... Well, have fun! I am waiting for the trip report!:wave:

Foolish Mortal

Even tho I did the Keys to the Kindom tour, I still wanna see more. For some strange reason I've always wanted to get a look at the area's where they store each attractions ride vehichle's. I know it's not going to be anything special but there's this little bug in me that just has to see it. I always find myself looking up at the end of SM, just before you hit the de-boarding area, to watch the empty cars going up to the boarding area. Any CM's out there that wanna make a Jackson ???

ZoesMom

Before I worked @ WDW, I was dying to get a "peek" at the backstage stuff, and yes, a tour was well worth the bucks....

But then I worked there for a summer and totally got my fill of going in & out of the doors, underground, behind things....

(Yes, CMs do get annoyed at touristing CMs poking around their breakrooms, etc...)

Maybe you should look into a seasonal job???? Even if it doesn't make you rich, it's something you will always be glad to say that you did!!!:wave:

suzynstitch

LOL Foolish Mortal...

I work at Space Mountain...the rockets just...go up! When you get off they go through the part you see in the ride (technical term is the Lower Lift) and then back up to the top where you board. I hope I didnt just spoil the magic for you...if that isnt what you wanted to hear then I apologize. But even though that part of the behind the scenes isnt very magical and awe-inspiring, there are many neat backstage areas that are pretty cool to see. Perks of being a CM. You should come to the Mountain and work with us! Then you could see the Lower Lift all day long...in fact, i'll even be nice and give ya some of my shifts!! Hee hee.

Disneyfalcon

Okay I have a funny story of behind the scenes. Won't say who this happened to wouldn't want to incriminate family - oops :zipit:

We were on Universe of Energy already seated in the ride thing. When the lights went out my nephew, less then one year old, freaked out. I mean completely freaked out. The person - ahem -who was holding him, panicked and climbed over the side of the ride. Wait don't freak out - Of course we were not moving nor even begun to at that point. Just watching the film. He waited for a CM, none came. He saw an exit sign and went out the door. He was in a hallway. Waited again for a CM and none came. He went down the hall and found another exit sign. He went out expecting an alarm of some kind. Well no alarm, no CM and he was in a parking lot outside of the park. He couldn't find anyone to help so he climbed over the fence, with a small infant, and reentered the park.

Our whole family is sure there are wanted signs at Disney with a picture of him climbing over the fence!:lol:

DO NOT try that! I am not advocating anything like that! Do not climb out of rides! It was just a comical series of events.:lol:

xfkirsten

Yep, I'd say your best bet to do it without getting in trouble is to pay the $50. Or join a band that plays at WDW, a lot of times they lead them through the tunnels. And not the "pretty" part of the tunnels, either. (which is, by the way, under Main Street where the $50 tour goes)

Before I became a CM, I used to be so excited to see the tunnels. If you're a guest, it's really cool. But after you work at MK for a year and walk around the tunnels all the time, it loses the cool factor and becomes gross. Under the Jungle Cruise smells particularly bad. And I've had stuff drip on me from pipes. It's icky. :p

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom