Beauty and the Beast rumor

ThemeParks4Life

Original Poster
Did it ever occur to you that Disney is actually doing something wrong at Walt Disney World? Do you see people complaining about their handling of Marvel or Disneyland? Heck no because there actually doing what there supposed to be doing. Nobody complains about OLC's handling of Tokyo Disneyland or Comcast's handling of Universal either. Because they're actually doing a good job. Sig's like yours are what actually do Disney a favor by trying to make fans and visitors second guess themselves.
Listen, there are major problems with WDW and I acknowledge that, but some of you about the littlest things like a roof or light bulb. I'm not saying you in particular, but you know who you are. I've been called a fanboy several times for MY own opinion. Who gives a crap if I like Disney better than Universal? They both have flaws, but I love them both.

MattM

Did it ever occur to you that Disney is actually doing something wrong at Walt Disney World? Do you see people complaining about their handling of Marvel or Disneyland? Heck no because there actually doing what there supposed to be doing. Nobody complains about OLC's handling of Tokyo Disneyland or Comcast's handling of Universal either. Because they're actually doing a good job. Sig's like yours are what actually do Disney a favor by trying to make fans and visitors second guess themselves.

Eh...Things are never as good or as bad as people make them out to be.

Fox&Hound

Has there been any conversation with Beauty and the Beast show being replaced with "Mickey and the Magical Map", the brand new show from Disneyland??? I've never seen it but it sounds very innovative, and what I like about it, is there a focus on Mickey Mouse. I've heard the Tangled rumors, but this could be cool:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/mickey-magical-map/

And since it's already been developed it would be cheaper than creating a new show.

tissandtully

Has there been any conversation with Beauty and the Beast show being replaced with "Mickey and the Magical Map", the brand new show from Disneyland??? I've never seen it but it sounds very innovative, and what I like about it, is there a focus on Mickey Mouse. I've heard the Tangled rumors, but this could be cool:

And since it's already been developed it would be cheaper than creating a new show.

That show isn't even open yet. Seems like it would be an easy show to clone though since there really isn't any scenery being rigged up anymore, it's all on a video screen.

Turtle

Mystic Manor doesn't fit in DHS, so that's out. It'd be cool if they brought back Dick Tracy Crimestoppers but it's an IP barely anybody knows about. Toontown would be a great fit for this area, maybe that.
It doesn't need to be Dick Tracy Crimestoppers but maybe just "Crimestoppers". An original attraction!

Californian Elitist

None of us have seen it lol. It debuts in eight days.

There hasn't been any talk of the show popping up in Florida. It's a DL exclusive, for now.

AngieYaz

I've heard a rumor about the Bimbettes FINALLY becoming meetable now that Gaston is out.

I hope it will EVENTUALLY be true, even though I heard that Disney has refrained from including them in the past.

spacemt354

Chili's
Listen, there are major problems with WDW and I acknowledge that, but some of you about the littlest things like a roof or light bulb. I'm not saying you in particular, but you know who you are. I've been called a fanboy several times for MY own opinion. Who gives a crap if I like Disney better than Universal? They both have flaws, but I love them both.

I am one of those people who will complain about a light bulb being out, or an AA not working. But not because everything has to be perfect, because it never is. It's because Walt Disney himself would do that. His philosophy riding attractions was looking for the little things, and seeing how attractions could be "plussed"

Typically it seems like the biggest fans have the most to complain about. However I see where you are coming from because sometimes on this site, it seems like people just like to hear themselves argue and complain about Disney, and it can appear like they are secretly rooting for WDW to fail, just so they can say "see look, Uni and/or DLR is better!" Not saying that they are, so please nobody take offense, it's just the perception that comes off when I read some posts and threads on here.

WDW aint perfect. Far from it. There are plenty of things I disagree with from upper management decisions, to the lackadaisical attitude towards attraction special fx. But the place also isn't in doomsday mode either, and I still love visiting. It's just endlessly complaining about it isn't my cup of tea.

disneyfan1995

If this show does close (which would be a shame) I'd love to see Princess and the Frog take it's place. I feel that is has a lot of potential to do well.

Sped2424

There are multitudes on multitudes of threads of people complaining about things at disneyland which I take it you have never seen and universal and IOA forums are also filled with plenty of complaints as well, no park is doing what they should always be doing. At disneyland they are mad about the new matterhorn seats and vehicles, the new figaro animatronic already having some damage to its left eye and nothing being done about it. Now Wdw does need a lot of tlc but those other parks share more or less the same kind of complaints that happens to our parks, bottom line is the grass is always greener.

phlip78

Screamscape posted a bunch of rumors in their Wave 2 of news today, and one of them was this interesting rumor for BATB Live on Stage:

Besides this how bout the Mermaid show in DHS, is that needed with a new area in New Fantasyland, no sense in having these movies spread to two theme parks. They could do something different with the Mermaid show in DHS and the BATB stage show in DHS. DHS could really use some refreshing and these two areas would be a great place to start besides the backlot area which we know gets talked about all the time.. Star Wars land anyone?

EPCOTCenterLover

Just one perspective: One reason the Studios are not a favorite in our home is that aside from Tower, GMR and RNRC, is seems the park is filled with passive theater shows. We are not going to Disney to sit and watch shows but to experience rides that only they can build. (Or used to be only they can build!)

Fantaseer

For the Toontown idea, they could have it to where it's like little Disney shorts on screens made to look like windows on the houses from the original Toontown. Even have the full costumes of the characters completed with the moving mouth to go with speakers throughout the house and every time they go to the "bathroom" they really switch CMs so the first ones dont get tired out. Then at about one hour before Fantasmic! have them switch to make it look like they're getting ready for the show. The typical life of a very popular celebrity. Who knows, maybe even have them make a special meet and greet like a celebrity would do when in public. Then for the Fantasmic! entrance/exit, have a new entrance starting in Toontown and make the old entrance the new exit.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Saw that show earlier this week. It'd be a downgrade. Pass.

doctornick

I see my question at the end wasn't answered. Does anyone know what opened in the Backlot Theater or was it dormant until Hunchback?

According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know)...

Premiere Theater

• Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage (1993–94; built on a temporary basis while Theater of the Stars was being constructed)
  • The Spirit of Pocahontas (June 23, 1995 – February 24, 1996)
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame – A Musical Adventure (June 21, 1996 – September 28, 2002)
  • Currently used for seasonal special events: Night of Joy, Star Wars Weekends, ESPN the Weekend, etc. (January 2008 – present)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom