Beauty and the Beast rumor

Fox&Hound

The trouble with replacing BatB and Mermaid with Tangled is that Tangled doesn't have any good songs!

What?????? That, I'm sorry, is not true at all.

I hope that is meant as a joke =)

Besides, Nemo wasn't a musical and they added songs to make it a musical. I'm sure they could add songs if they wanted to, but again, there are so many already.

I am not saying it would be my first choice, but I am surprised that they have not tried to adapt some form of "The Golden Mickey's" from the DCL in the Theater of the Stars. The theme of a Hollywood award show seems like a good fit for the theme of the park and the look of Sunset Blvd, and it would include a Mickey show that fit in with the "old Hollwood vibe".

NoChesterHester

I think that article actually says what a good job Disney does of making rides that can be maintained at relatively low cost, not that it's crazy expensive. With all of its sets, impressive ride system, audio, lighting, animatronics, etc. Indiana Jones Adventure costs less to maintain than California Screamin', a run-of-the-mill steel coaster with LIM launch.

That was definitely not my take away from the article.

dvitali

I first like to see Sunset Blvd look more like the 1950's then they can keep the Theater of the Stars and bring in from Broadway "Newsies" which I believe fit the area perfect.

Magenta Panther

What?????? That, I'm sorry, is not true at all.

I hope that is meant as a joke =)

Besides, Nemo wasn't a musical and they added songs to make it a musical. I'm sure they could add songs if they wanted to, but again, there are so many already.

Not joking. The songs in Tangled are "meh". Hardly the equal of "Be Our Guest" or "Under the Sea".

champdisney

Like the rumor says, I'm waiting it out till D23 to hear what will take place in WDW in general. Besides that, I always knew that there was a decent chunk of land lying behind the BatB theater, I don't necessarily think that the available space combined with the removal of the theater will be able to hold a new land but I do know that it can hold a major new attraction if Disney does decide to go down that route (which I hope they do). But it looks as if Princess and the Frog is moving in soon which by all accounts I'm okay with, I just wish they'll do something with that space behind it! I always thought that a Bolt attraction (centered around the TV show in the movie, not the actual movie) would be the perfect replacement for VotLM. I'm not feeling the rumored Tangled replacement at all.

Captain Neo

What does that have to do with anything? And that is what some of you sound like.

Did it ever occur to you that Disney is actually doing something wrong at Walt Disney World? Do you see people complaining about their handling of Marvel or Disneyland? Heck no because there actually doing what there supposed to be doing. Nobody complains about OLC's handling of Tokyo Disneyland or Comcast's handling of Universal either. Because they're actually doing a good job. Sig's like yours are what actually do Disney a favor by trying to make fans and visitors second guess themselves.

bubbles1812

Not joking. The songs in Tangled are "meh". Hardly the equal of "Be Our Guest" or "Under the Sea".
I wouldn't call them "meh," and it's quite obvious many people disagree. I would call them "good" songs but no, not "great" songs the way the two you listed are. I don't think any of the Princess and the Frog songs are of "great" quality either. I actually find them far more "meh" with maybe the exception of Friends on the Other Side. Randy Newman can't write a song that doesn't sound like all his other songs to save his life.

But clearly Rapunzel is an incredibly popular princess and is here to stay. And again, many would disagree about the songs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom