Beastly Kingdom

plutoismyhero

Original Poster
I know that beastly kingdom has not been officially announced or has there even been talks of it being a for sure part of animal kingdom. But do u think for the 10th they might announce that beastly kingdom will soon be in fact real. I mean disney has to be planning something big for AK's 10th AK needs something more then what it has, it is not even a full day park. I would just like to get peoples thoughts on what might happen for the upcoming Ak anniversary

jhastings74

If you don't think Animal Kingdom is a 'full day' park, then you haven't bothered to experience all it offers. Sorry to say it.

pax_65

With reasonable crowds and the smart use of Fast Pass, you can easily do all the major rides in AK in a morning. To catch all the shows might take you a few hours more.

So to say AK is a half-day PARK is accurate - it's a half-day AMUSEMENT PARK. Now if you're going to take your time, do the walking trails, see all the animals, talk to the cast members, learn all there is to learn, spend time at Conservation Station, etc. it would take days.

That's kind of hit-or-miss though... some people (and kids) are into doing that and some aren't. It doesn't have the universal appeal of amusement park rides.

I think EE helped this park a LOT, but I'd still love to see Beastly Kingdom built.

weretiger155

I get what you mean plutoismyhero, I love AK, but would like to see more things added. Beastly Kingdom, I think would have been a great addition to the park.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
I also think AK could expand a bit, however ,if Disney wants to keep the theme park atmosphere away from it to some extent I would love to see a new "land" instead of ride(s). Australia would be a great addition.

camithepirate

I also think AK could expand a bit, however ,if Disney wants to keep the theme park atmosphere away from it to some extent I would love to see a new "land" instead of ride(s). Australia would be a great addition.

Australia sounds like it would be a great addition, keeping with the non-theme park idea, and its very diffrent from say Asia and Africa. Kind of a change in pace?

Just wondering but i was reading this thing last night about the Beastly Kingdom. It was supposed to be were Camp Minnie-Mickey is. So if they decide to build BK, where would they put it now? Would they get rid of the camp, which i hear is a great place for kids. I would love to see the BK created and at the same time I think they should keep Camp MM.

One more thing, is it true that the Dueling Dragons coaster was supposed to be in the Beastly Kingdom and some angry laid-off imagnieers took the idea to IOA?

If you don't think Animal Kingdom is a 'full day' park, then you haven't bothered to experience all it offers. Sorry to say it.

DAK is only a full day park because the place is like a labyrinth so after you spend an hour doing everything when you try to find the exit it's no where to be found.......

it's a glorified zoo. gimme a break. they could have done a lot better

tirian

One more thing, is it true that the Dueling Dragons coaster was supposed to be in the Beastly Kingdom and some angry laid-off imagnieers took the idea to IOA?

That's the general idea, but since the plans belonged to Disney, the concept was changed considerably. Under Disney's plans, bats living in a dilapidated castle would have begged you to help expel a dragon. Then you would have boarded flying cauldrons and the bats would have flown you over to destroy the beast. (This was the coaster part of the ride). At IOA, you simply "are" one of two dragons duking it out.

Disney has never officially admitted the attraction shift to be true, but several Imagineers involved in constructing AK—including Joe Rhode—have claimed that it is.

tirian

My take: AK is 1 or 2 day park for first time visitors, not a full day park for repeat offenders.

1 Day. And I agree with the "repeat offenders" statement. :lol: I almost went nuts trying to find something to do while waiting for the Nemo show previews in 2007. One themed roller coaster and one dark ride do not make a theme park. The bug show is good twice and interesting one more time. Kali River Rapids is great, but relatively few Guest are willing to get soaked. (Shorter wait for me!) Asia is constantly packed as Guests make their way to the park's only true coaster.

Whether Disney wants to admit it or not, many Guests skip the animal exhibits (except for the safari) because they have zoos back home. The park needs more crowd-eating attractions with high return values.

I've heard some people wonder how Epcot's World Showcase concept could be so successful, while AK's emphasis on atmospheric architecture gets ignored. My answer is simple: World Showcase contains awesome food and unique merchandise, along with shows and events, while AK's buildings contain the same plush Disney characters.

DizFanatic

DAK is only a full day park because the place is like a labyrinth so after you spend an hour doing everything when you try to find the exit it's no where to be found.......

it's a glorified zoo. gimme a break. they could have done a lot better
Come on now. Let's not be AK Bashers. Does every park have to be a super long-line coaster park in the likes of Six Flags? Why not something different? While I agree that it can use an additional E-ticket, EE was a fantastic addition. My wife, three boys and I all love AK for the very reason that so many others critisize it. So if it is a "glorified zoo" then glory be to Disney for creating the best darn zoo around.

Now as for Beastly, a new land has my vote as long as it's done in true Disney style. I would like to see a big family ride with a long ride time, similar in scope to Splash Mountain. A great storyline, animatronics, some slow time, some thrills and lots of air conditioning. And with a Beastly fantasy animal theme, the possibilities are endless.

PhilharMagician

Whether Disney wants to admit it or not, many Guests skip the animal exhibits (except for the safari) because they have zoos back home. The park needs more crowd-eating attractions with high return values.

Imagine what the walkthrough animal exibits would be like if nobody skipped them. It is to the point that getting pictures or just animal watching can be difficult with people pushing to get in front of you.

BTW BK is not happening!!

This is not saying that AK doesn't need to add some more capacity soon.

MousDad

1 Day. And I agree with the "repeat offenders" statement. :lol: I almost went nuts trying to find something to do while waiting for the Nemo show previews in 2007. One themed roller coaster and one dark ride do not make a theme park. The bug show is good twice and interesting one more time. Kali River Rapids is great, but relatively few Guest are willing to get soaked. (Shorter wait for me!) Asia is constantly packed as Guests make their way to the park's only true coaster.

I've heard some people wonder how Epcot's World Showcase concept could be so successful, while AK's emphasis on atmospheric architecture gets ignored. My answer is simple: World Showcase contains awesome food and unique merchandise, along with shows and events, while AK's buildings contain the same plush Disney characters.

You make a lot of great points. I never get tired of World Showcase.

The great thing about AK is the beauty and details, which can be savored for 1 or 2 days easily, IMO. However, these details do not, as you said, lend themselves to repeatability.

It wouldn't take much to make AK a repeatable, full-day park. Even said Beastly Kingdom aside.

I think putting 1 attraction that people really want to experience back at Rafiki's would go a long way. (Not that what is there is bad, it's just not a must see over and over, you know what I mean?) If there was something back there to die for, that would take a 2-3 hour chunk of your day, by the time you take the train there and back, see what's already there and do the killer attraction.

tirian

You make a lot of great points. I never get tired of World Showcase.

The great thing about AK is the beauty and details, which can be savored for 1 or 2 days easily, IMO. However, these details do not, as you said, lend themselves to repeatability.

It wouldn't take much to make AK a repeatable, full-day park. Even said Beastly Kingdom aside.

I think putting 1 attraction that people really want to experience back at Rafiki's would go a long way. (Not that what is there is bad, it's just not a must see over and over, you know what I mean?) If there was something back there to die for, that would take a 2-3 hour chunk of your day, by the time you take the train there and back, see what's already there and do the killer attraction.

Let's just say that Rafiki's Planet Watch is being reconsidered right now.

krankenstein

Replaced with Al Gores climate watch.....

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I have always loved animals and pairing them with Disney made my day. That said I have to agree that Animal Kingdom is hard for your typical theme park visitor to enjoy. Most people don't want to spend time watching animals since they can do that at the local zoo for a much cheaper price.

What Animal Kingdom needs is another E-Ticket, 1 D-Ticket and a couple B and C-Tickets. I would also like to see a few more animal exhibits paired with these new rides, but made so you have to walk past them as you exit the rides. Put pandas around everest. Add a Bambi dark ride with a North American animal exhibit to Camp Mickey Minnie. Maybe a Jungle Book dark ride to Asia with some bears and black panthers, etc. If Disney would add those types of rides and experiences to this park it would be complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom