Beastly Kingdom

sanctumsolitude

That's my point. And if they were to build bits and pieces of it all over the park...what's the point of putting it in? They would have to rename the park "Disney's Animal (some living, some dead, some mythical and magical, some aren't even animals and some are made up from stories of the past so we don't even know if they ever existed anyway) Kingdom."

Have you taken a look at Animal Kingdom's original logo?

Lions, Elephants, Dragons, Dinosaurs...

Animal Kingdom's dedication: "Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn." ~Michael Eisner, April 22, 1998

WDWFREAK53

Animal Kingdom's dedication: "Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn." ~Michael Eisner, April 22, 1998

He's not saying they shouldn't have mythological creatures...he's saying, why have a whole land dedicated to mythological creatures if you are going to have mythological creatures in other lands.

It's like building a zoo full of raccoons, squirrels, and skunks. Why build a zoo when you can see them in other places?

I agree with Raven...

If they hadn't put the Yeti into Asia...I would say that it was still a possibility...but by doing so, it's almost as if they decided to take the park in a different direction away from Beastly Kingdom.

Unplugged

I think at this stage, the only way we'll see BK in the park is if the McD's contract ends and Burger King replaces them at the Dinoland Petri-fries stand! :lookaroun

comics101

He's not saying they shouldn't have mythological creatures...he's saying, why have a whole land dedicated to mythological creatures if you are going to have mythological creatures in other lands.

It's like building a zoo full of raccoons, squirrels, and skunks. Why build a zoo when you can see them in other places?

I agree with Raven...

If they hadn't put the Yeti into Asia...I would say that it was still a possibility...but by doing so, it's almost as if they decided to take the park in a different direction away from Beastly Kingdom.

I don't see why it matters whether EE was built or not. As long as they don't build another EE in the land, why does it matter?

BK would be able to transport you into different atmosphere, almost a "Harry Potter meets Hercules" type of land. It would be so much more than a Europe. And not only that, but what unique animals do you find in Europe? From what I see, not enough to make a whole land based off of the continent. You've got Squirrels, Rabbits, Mice, Otters, Bears, Wolves. Mainly stuff you can see in the US, so that would mean If you were to make a "Europe" Continent, It would either be stuff you can see here or a land dedicated to the Mythilogical Creatures of Europe, and in order to fit any Egyptian creatures you would have to add to Africa then in order to fit any Asian creatures would have to add to Asia. And if you were to argue to not make a "Europe", you leave out unicorns, all greek mythology the Loch Ness Monster and many other creatures. The exception would be Dragons, which could fit into Asia, but it's not the kind of Dragons people would normally picture in there minds, with wings and fire and stuff. I think a Beastlie Kingdomme type land should definatly be built.

erasure fan1

Well, if the Yeti is in Asia...that's not really true.
Hey, we dont know the yeti isnt real! I have seen video of it! Dont they have an actual plaster cast of a foot print at the ride?:lookaroun

Yea I see how BK might not become its own area. I would guess you will probably see ideas and concepts pop up around the park from the original BK idea.

comics101

Errr... Dragons never existed... :lookaroun

Sorry to burst your bubble...

:lol: I know.
Sorry If I wasn't clear. I meant that you could have Dragons in Asia or if they were to add a Europe, which was mentioned in another post somewhere. The problem is they'd have to add to Asia in order to have the dragons, and if they were to build a Europe they might as well call it Beastlie Kingdomme...

Tim G

Hey, we dont know the yeti isnt real! I have seen video of it! Dont they have an actual plaster cast of a foot print at the ride?:lookaroun

Yea I see how BK might not become its own area. I would guess you will probably see ideas and concepts pop up around the park from the original BK idea.

First: The Yeti died while being captured... :lookaroun
Second: Concept drawings have been around for a long as I can remember...
So that's not an argument...

Epcot82Guy

Avoiding this conceptual debate (which is starting to rage into the ubsurd IMHO), I submit an argument from the business side:

Perhaps the best reason to build a land based solely on creatures imagined is that THEY DON'T EXIST. OK... what does that get us? Well, we have a land that no longer is constrained by the needs of its animal residents! One of the biggest issues of DAK is that many of its attractions are unable to be open late due to the animals contained within. The gazelle on the Savannah care about sundown. An AA dragon does not. From a business standpoint, this is a way to get more people in the gate and to stay longer. Also, by placing it toward the front of the park, you concentrate your audience (like a reverse Epcot at night). Just a thought to throw into the debate. :wave:

Slowjack

Disney parks are for the family. Disney didn't want kids to have to wait for their parents to go on a ride. He wanted them to be able to go on them together. Having said that, I really don't see some huge mega-looping, multi demension coaster being built at AK as much as I'd love to see one.
Well, just to be clear, I'm not saying that I'd like Dino-Rama to be replaced with some mega-coaster. The original concept artwork for the Excavator, for example, didn't look all that great, theme-wise, either; it was an "exposed" coaster that went through a dig site. So I'm all for for C or D ticket, mild thrill attractions in Dinoland, just ones with Disney-quality immersion.

sanctumsolitude

I agree with Raven...

I must have misinterpreted him. I am still confused by why "They would have to rename the park "Disney's Animal (some living, some dead, some mythical and magical, some aren't even animals and some are made up from stories of the past so we don't even know if they ever existed anyway) Kingdom.""

CDMagic

Is anyone else curious as to why Courtney488 (the original poster) has stopped posting in this thread? She has been on the site since her original post, but she hasn't told us any more information.

raven

Ah, there's the culprit! :fork: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom