Beastly Kingdom Concept Pictures

HumanOddity

oddly, I picked up a copy of that book for only 4.99 brand new at an Albertsons supermarket in Clearwater last year. A little dated (only goes up to the conceptualization and very early stages of AK), but a really cool book nonetheless.

ArsonWinter

You know, I'm not buying the story that "Universial stole our idea" stuff. After all, BK sounds closer to the European-influenced castle found in the Magic Kingdom than the island at IOA.

What's suprising to me is that WDI has a lot of talented and creative people, who are creative enough to come up with the world's best theme parks (even after they leave WDI), and yet the best they can come up with is "Oh... Universial took our idea." If I were put in that situation, I'd darn well try my hardest to come up with a replacement, especially since that park needs all the help it can get (although I do like the park, the hours and thrill rides are a bit limiting).

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by ArsonWinter
You know, I'm not buying the story that "Universial stole our idea" stuff.

Neither am I! But I must say the concept art looks amazing! Too bad Eisner is too stupid to see why investing in parks is a good thing!

Yen_Sid1

Originally posted by ArsonWinter
You know, I'm not buying the story that "Universial stole our idea" stuff. After all, BK sounds closer to the European-influenced castle found in the Magic Kingdom than the island at IOA.

What's suprising to me is that WDI has a lot of talented and creative people, who are creative enough to come up with the world's best theme parks (even after they leave WDI), and yet the best they can come up with is "Oh... Universial took our idea." If I were put in that situation, I'd darn well try my hardest to come up with a replacement, especially since that park needs all the help it can get (although I do like the park, the hours and thrill rides are a bit limiting).

Disney has a lot of talented and creative people and they have great ideas, but they are limited by the beancounters. Great Idea!! but you only have so many dollars, so keep that idea but do it a lot cheaper!! and keep it under budget!!

HumanOddity

Eisner is too stupid to invest in parks? Under whos watch did AK, MGM, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, DCA, Tokyo, TokyoSea and Paris come under? Enough is enough. Yes, I get it. You people hate Eisner, but that comment is just blind and uninformed.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Not sure how much Eisner had to do with the Tokyo Parks, that's mostly the Oriental Land Co.
Most of the other projects you mentioned (the good ones) were done with Frank Wells before he passed away.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by jrriddle
Not sure how much Eisner had to do with the Tokyo Parks, that's mostly the Oriental Land Co.
Most of the other projects you mentioned (the good ones) were done with Frank Wells before he passed away.

That's correct! Everything else (DCA, WDSP) is Eisner's work of creativity!

I'm entitled to my own opinion... If you don't like my comments you are more than welcome to ignore them! :)

(Please let's keep on topic, I wouldn't want another Eisner vs. Roy debate)

DisneyNme

Hey guys. I was reading your post on how much trouble your having with the google translator. I just tried using the translator that i usually use at

http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

It was a good translation. I know its a little late now, but for future purposes. Alot of you Have helped me out with alot of info....with out even asking you! So here a small contribution!!!!:p

eclipseSD

From "Since the World Began"

In the mythical world of unicorns, dragons, and other magical creatures, guests will come face to face with make-believe animals from legends, fairy tales, and storybooks - all of which play an important role in the circle of life because of their powerful hold on our imagination. The creatures will come to life through Disney's creative storytelling.

Something tells me that had Frank Wells still been alive or had WDI received proper funding and support, we would be enjoying this section of the park today, instead of "Dinoland USA."

aimster

I concur!

Maybe if we're lucky a miracle will happen and we'll gradually see bits and pieces of Beatly Kingdom become a reality.

Then again, there's a better chance of the sky raining fire... or frogs.

Hank Scorpio

...jumps the queue area for its tough to be a bug and scales the tree of life with a huge mega phone, hooked into the sound system throughout Disney World...

"EISNER! YOU IDIOT! BUILD BEASTLY KINGDOM NOW!"

...before getting arested. :zipit: :lookaroun

Calamar

According to the English->Japanese->English->French->English Translator, jrriddle said:
Appreciation right with a small bond. Maintaining as for me it can seen reading these French and of Japan sequence all.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. :p

Thanks for the summary, badnitrus. Very interesting. I always found fantastical nature more interesting than real nature, so I'd probably enjoy Beastly Kingdom more than the other continents of Animal Kingdom.

So, Disney claims, "Universal did it first, hence we can't do it." Heh, that's nonsense. Two words: MGM Studios.

(Edit -- well, 'MGM' is not actually a word, but hopefully you see my point. :p)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Calamar
Two words: MGM Studios.

Great point...

MGM Studios was in the design stage first...but Universal beat them to the punch with the opening...same could be said about Beastly Kingdom.

Bill

Account Suspended
Actually, Disney-MGM Studios opened in 1989, and Universal opened in 1990... and Universal had major problems when they opened.

Calamar

Originally posted by Bill
Actually, Disney-MGM Studios opened in 1989, and Universal opened in 1990... and Universal had major problems when they opened.

Hm, I didn't know that -- but the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park opened in 1964.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom