Beastly Kingdom Concept Pictures

aimster

True, but when Eisner heard Universal was planning on building a park in Orlando, he rushed to get MGM built and going before their park opened.

cherrynegra

Originally posted by aimster
True, but when Eisner heard Universal was planning on building a park in Orlando, he rushed to get MGM built and going before their park opened.

Yes, I had read that as well in Kim Master's book "Keys to the Kingdom." That's why I was a little surprised by some accounts that he didn't want to continue with the Beastly Kingdom concept because Universal had done it already. And Animal Kingdom may be considered Disney's version of BG.

imamouse

Beastly Kingdom

It's a shame that Eisner hesitated and was beat out by IOA. I love the fire and ice dragon roller coasters and the whole theme of the medieval section there.

imamouse

Beastly Kingdom

There are Komodo dragons at Aminal Kingdom - that's the justification (since Beastly Kingdom was scrapped) for the dragon in the logo. I agree that it's a huge stretch and a technicality. Of course, Komodo dragons look nothing like the winged dragon on the logo, but they are the only "real" living dragon.

Originally posted by captainbuzzy
Does anyone know what the three major rides for BK were suppose to be?

From waht I remember, there was supposed to be a coaster through a castle where a dragon lived, quest for the unicorn(no idea waht kinda ride), and a dark boat ride based on fantasia.

1disneydood

Re: Beastly Kingdom

Originally posted by imamouse
There are Komodo dragons at Aminal Kingdom - that's the justification (since Beastly Kingdom was scrapped) for the dragon in the logo. I agree that it's a huge stretch and a technicality. Of course, Komodo dragons look nothing like the winged dragon on the logo, but they are the only "real" living dragon.

They have Bearded Dragons too. ;)

awallaceunc

Wow, that's the coolest thing ever, and it would make DAK a thousand times cooler!

What's the likelihood that this will go through in the near future?

I think it should still be called Beastly Kingdom, but slightly redesigned and enlarged. There should be 3 areas: Narnia (thanks to ever had that idea), Naboomboo, and then the rest of it. How cool would this be??

-Aaron

disneydisney

I think they should invest in it and build Beastly Kingdom and take a twist on it a different way than IOA did. Because Lost Continent is not just all about Dragons there alot of other stuff in that land and its not all about mystical creatures thats just a portion of it. Because Sinbad the explorer is there and Atlantis walk thru special effect and stuff.

If not create Beastly Kingdom, they should think of another idea that could blow the Lost Continent out of the water. I know they have alot of creative people and if they cannot think of anything else then there need to be some people people put in...but i know disney imagineers can do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom