Beach Club or Boardwalk?

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
@captainkidd I feel your pain - we booked BCV for June and then I started reading reviews that suggested the rooms needed some TLC. I started to second guess the choice, but others on here have reassured me that it's a great place to stay. We plan on trying out as many resorts as we can, so we'll try BW one day too, but we're looking forward to SAB for the kids. I'll be sure and let you know our opinion of the room once we get back!

luv

That's funny because a couple pages back someone else said it was much quieter at the Boardwalk! I guess it's really subjective.
It depends on what section of the Boardwalk you're in, too.

At the Beach Club, with my patio door closed, I could hear a very dull thumping from BWI. I had a room at the BWI that I didn't hear any noise from. :)

jazznrachie

That's funny because a couple pages back someone else said it was much quieter at the Boardwalk! I guess it's really subjective.
I guess it depends on where your room is. If you're at the Boardwalk overlooking the Boardwalk itself, it can be very loud at night. Our room at the Beach Club was very far away from the main building over looking a pond near the rear of the property. It was very quiet back there. I'm sure if your room was closer to the pool area it would be loud.

Violet

I think a few pages back, not sure if we are talking about the same comments, but it was implied that BW was quieter in terms of less kids because of so many families that go to BC for Stormalong Bay.

rufio

Original Poster
I think a few pages back, not sure if we are talking about the same comments, but it was implied that BW was quieter in terms of less kids because of so many families that go to BC for Stormalong Bay.

Yep, that was the one I was referring to! :)

StarWarsGirl

Stormalong Bay is a kid magnet!;)
Absolutely! But the benefit of Stormalong Bay is that there are spots that are too deep/not exciting enough for kids, so while there will be a few, it will be quieter. Also because most of the hotels have pool games (at least the luxury ones) and Stormalong Bay has spots where you can avoid them (if you so choose, I know my father does) because it's so big.

kburford

So glad I found this thread! I have been all over the internet trying to figure out which Epcot resort to stay at, and this has all been greatly informative so thanks! I love hearing everyone's opinions.

My main question, which seems to have been kind of answered by someone already, is which resort (of BWI, BC, or YC) has the most recently updated rooms? I am so back and forth with where to stay, but I care most about how clean/nice my room is going to be/feel.

coachwnh

I love being able to walk to epcot and HS from the YC, so Id vote BC. But i love walking to MK from the contemp as well. But two is better than one. BW is a great resort as well, but i like the pool at YC/BC better. YC is my favorite epcot resort, but since you are using your DVC points, then BC gets my vote!!!

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
My main question, which seems to have been kind of answered by someone already, is which resort (of BWI, BC, or YC) has the most recently updated rooms? I am so back and forth with where to stay, but I care most about how clean/nice my room is going to be/feel.
It's my understanding that the rooms in the regular portion of BC have been recently updated, but the Villas rooms have not.

I think that its safe to say that there is no right or wrong answer when deciding to stay at either the Boardwalk or Beach Club because both are excellent hotels!

Couldn't agree with you more!

We stayed at BWV last year and BCV two years ago on our honeymoon. Both rooms were in great condition, and we enjoyed our stays at both resorts immensely. If I had to pick one over the other, my vote would be BCV. One, we own there (duh!). Two, transportation. We've stayed at BWV a couple of times and we always had to share buses with the Swan and Dolphin, and more often than not we were the last stop. Kinda annoying after a long day on the parks. But like you said, they are both wonderful resorts!

pluto13

I prefer the Beach Club over the Boardwalk but am absolutely in love with both. I love Stormalong Bay and the restaurants of Captain's Grille and Cape May Café and the proximity to the parks!

jcldtrek

I've never stayed at either , but boardwalk just looks amazing inside and on that side of the resorts area has all the different stores etc on the boardwalk. I would say stay at boardwalk

danpam1024

I vote Boardwalk- I love it there- especially at night (except the pool at night- it really creeps me out!). I agree with other posters that's it's more "adult" and "romantic". and Jellyrolls is right down stairs! Plus you've got the Belle Vue Room-- best kept secret.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom