Beach and Yacht Club

flounder

Hi Everyone...This is my 4th time to WDW and I am staying at the Beach and Yacht Club. Has anyone stayed there before and if so what is your feedback about this resort. We will be staying in the Villa's and from everything that we can tell it looks very nice!
Appreciate any thing that any of you can share...... :sohappy:

Disney Dreams!

MickeyMark

We stayed in the Villas the year before last. I can't say enough good things about the resort and would find a hard time finding any flaws.

Anything specific you'd like to know about?

We are big Epcot/Studios fans, and the location was awesome for trips to those parks, as well as being across from the Boardwalk.

You'll love it!!!

Upvote 0

Fantasmic!329

I have stayed at both Yacht and Beach Club, but never the villas. Beach Club was (slightly) better than Yacht IMO. Pool is great, running a little low on sand but still fun. Beaches and Cream :)slurp: ) has the best ice cream and cookies you could want. (YES, they are better than Main Street USA.) Close location to Epcot and MGM are always a plus. Overall, the place is great!

Upvote 0

wdwswan&dolphin

The Yacht & Beach Club Resorts are very relaxed, warm, and hospitable. The rooms are quite spacious, the dining is very good, and the recreation is amazing--apart from Stormalong Bay (the 3-acre waterpark) and the fitness center/health club, there's tennis, croquet, volleyball, lawn bowling, a marina, and even a white-sand beach (on the Beach Club side). You could spend an entire vacation at The Yacht & Beach Club Resorts without ever venturing outside of them. I'd recommend that whether you stay there or not, definitely take advantage of the first-rate activities there. At least once play croquet and/or lawn bowling, rent a boat at the Yacht Club & Beach Club Marina, take a look at Stormalong Bay (though only guests of the two resorts and DVC members are allowed to swim there), and take a free horticultural tour with the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts' own garden experts. And don't forget to sample the nearby dining, shopping, and recreation at Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas and the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resorts ;).

Upvote 0

njblackberry

Gotta add to the chorus raving about the Y&B. We've stayed at the Yacht Club and the Beach Club Villas and they're great resorts at a wonderful location. You can walk to MGM or Epcot (or take the boat) and we had a blast riding the bicycle (why was I the only one peddling?) around Crescent Lake. Catch the fireworks part of Illuminations every night. Have a nice / romantic / quick walk around the Boardwalk. Love Cape May Cafe and, of course, Beaches and Cream. Last time there we had a huge crowd at Stormalong Bay (playing whiffle ball on the pool) sing Happy Birthday to my wife. Going back to the BCV in September :) Can't wait!

Upvote 0

Cosmo

we loved the Yacht Club so much that we are actually redoing our living room in a Yacht Club theme, complete with nautical knot boards and other nautical decor. Definitely one of our favourite. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

*PlutoFan*

We have stayed at the Beach Club for a few years now and love it! Cape May Cafe is a great place to eat both breakfast and dinner. Beaches and Cream is the best place to get ice cream!:slurp: Stormalong Bay is a great place for swimming and catching some rays. We enjoy the close proximity to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk. We would like to try the Villas on our next trip. Good Luck with your planning, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay there.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
flounder said:
Hi Everyone...This is my 4th time to WDW and I am staying at the Beach and Yacht Club. Has anyone stayed there before and if so what is your feedback about this resort. We will be staying in the Villa's and from everything that we can tell it looks very nice!
Appreciate any thing that any of you can share...... :sohappy:

Disney Dreams!

How much are the villas running you per night? (If you don't mind my asking)

Upvote 0

TennisPlayer519

The Yacht and Beach Club are my favorite resorts in the "World!" We're going back there next Sunday for seven days (after spending four nights at the Poly). Pool, restaurants, theming, location, it's flawless!

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Some of my favorites!! I *love* the Epcot resorts...

Stayed at the Yacht Club last March when I took my Gramma... She loved it! We were very close to the boat launch (good for tired old grannies ;) ), and nightly walked in to Epcot for dinner.

Stayed at the Beach Club last November when I went with friends. We were on the farthest building towards Epcot, so that we could look out or door and see the UK! Really really nice stuff.

Favorite things: Stormalong Bay (my grandmother LOVED the waterslide!), and Beaches and Cream (we like to eat ;) )

Have a great trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We stayed in two studios in August of 2004. We loved it. Best pool on WDW property, close proximity to EPCOT, Disney-MGM, Disney Boardwalk, etc... I would recommend a room that is closer to Beach Club and not the parking lot. The Villas are a lot bigger than they look and you can get tired walking back and forth to Beaches and Cream, StormAlong Bay, The Boardwalk, etc The hallways are very long. Other than that, I would say enjoy yourself and know that you're staying in the most prime spot in all of WDW.

Upvote 0
Just got back from the BCV. Great trip. Was not originally impressed with BCV. The one bedroom is missing a second closet and the walkin closet is much smaller. However, as the week wore on, I fell in love with the Villas. We had a woods view and it was very, very quiet. The Villas is probably the closest resort to Epcot's back door.

We loved it. You won't be sorry.

Upvote 0

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
Last year we stayed at the Beach Club Villas for 3 nights before transfering to OKW. I absolutely loved the BC Villas!! Aside from OKW the BC Villas are my favorite resort on Disney property! I really can't think of anything bad to say about it. The only thing that comes to mind is that some of the villas are tucked way back in the resort and is quite a walk from the main pool and the walkway to Epcot. But the room was excellent and very clean. We stayed in a small studio but it was still enough space for 5 people (eventhough the max. occ. is supposed to be 4.... shhhh don't tell:lol: )Well that's my two cents on my Beach Club Villas experience.

Upvote 0

flounder

Original Poster
Thrawn. . .My son is a member of the Disney Vacation Club...I am not sure how much the rooms are a night for non vacation club members...sorry! He did say once that they would be very spendy though!

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

My family has stayed at Yacht & Beach soooo many times and I love both of them!! I definitely favor the Beach Club end, just because I think the theme is slightly more relaxed and friendly. We always hit Cape May Cafe (breakfast and dinner are great) and Beaches and Cream rocks my socks. I love the location--close enough to enjoy the Boardwalk and a 5 minute walk from Epcot-doesn't get much better than that. :wave:

Upvote 0

flounder

Original Poster
Hi Everyone....Thanks so much for the wonderful information that you all provided...it is always nice to hear from the ones who actually experienced the place and it is great news for us that are going that it is such a wonderful place to stay...For sure we will be going to Beaches and Cream!! The only problem that we have now is waiting until October for the vacation to start! :lookaroun
Thanks Again and Disney Dreams to all! :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I love Beach Club Villas. We will be there in 12 days and I just can't wait. The whole family is so excited. :sohappy: :sohappy:

I love the villas. We live pool view the best. There is some compliants about some rooms near the elevator that are nosiey.

I just love the thememing and decor. A bed spred with morning glories and hiden mickey's is just my style! It is my favorite place to stay at WDW.

We stayed at YC once, it was nice. One thing I really like about BCV is all the blaconies are full size. Many of the ones at BC are standing room only.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

PatsRule

BCV's are our home resort with DVC. We absolutely love it. It's proximity to Epcot and MGM is a big plus because you can avoid the buses if you use Disney transportation. Wife and I just got back from AKL. Don't get me wrong, it was very nice. We had a savannah view in concierge but we kept thinking about how it compared to BCV's. It doesn't compare IMO. Everything, except AK, is a distance away. We had a great time but will be back to BCV next time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom