Be Our Guest Reservations

RSoxNo1

So this is what's going on. Existing reservations need to have a credit card linked to them. They can't just add a credit card to an existing reservation so they actually need to charge the credit card $0.01 to attach it. There is an issue with their system and I would hope rather than insisting each reservation needs a CC attached to it, they waive the rule for the first day because their system is screwed up.

Bring on Next Gen!

DisneyFans

Four hours and five minutes after we started the process, we finally have a reservation. We spent three hours, thirty minutes trying to get through. When we finally go through, we got the automated system and got the day and time we wanted, but it didn't ask for a credit card. So...I held for another 35 minutes and got a human representative. She took our credit card number and we ended up getting a new confirmation number. And now I'm done. Whew! I hope it's good!

andread123

I finally got my reservation and boy, am I happy I waited to talk to an agent. I got a busy signal/"your call could not be completed" call for half an hour (I started calling at 6:59 a.m.) and then got through to the automated system. It didn't recognize the spelling of my name so it put me through to an agent -- and I waited 1.5 more hours! I still have the Disney hold music stuck in my head, haha. But it was worth the wait -- I got a reservation! For those who are still trying, don't give up!

disney dude

I called and it took about 5 mins to connect with a Cast Member....got my reservation for 4th Jan 4.35pm...this was about 15 mins ago and there was still availabilty for Xmas day if anyone is interested

Tomi-Rocket

Got our reservation for Be Our Guest made! I didn't think we would either because I ended up calling so late due to chaos this morning before school, yeah, today of all days, right? Anyway, total wait time was 1 hour and 30 minutes. I have no idea how many tries before it finally went through but it was at least 30 minutes. On the plus side we got the date we wanted and 5 minutes within the time we were hoping for!

Can't wait and SO VERY EXCITED!!

wilkeliza

So this is what's going on. Existing reservations need to have a credit card linked to them. They can't just add a credit card to an existing reservation so they actually need to charge the credit card $0.01 to attach it. There is an issue with their system and I would hope rather than insisting each reservation needs a CC attached to it, they waive the rule for the first day because their system is screwed up.

Bring on Next Gen!

Um the credit card has nothing to do with Next Gen. It has everything to do with the ADR system and people making multiple reservations for the same day and time and then just not showing up to the ones they don't want that day. More than just Disney uses this policy to prevent no shows.

Got through to an agent and they are now transferring me to someone who can add the credit card. Wow this is a mess for them. Glad I'm not a phone agent right now at WDW. The agents are so sweet even though I'm sure it has been a hard day for them.

experiment624

Glad I'm not the only one who finds this situation completely frustrating. Got the time/date I wanted at 7am this morning but after the poster here said the reservation is not valid without the CC#, I'm SO upset. I was thrown into automated reservations and booked through them. Currently on hold waiting for a real person. I have a confirmation number and I can pull the reservation up online. I'm hoping they just have to add the CC# because I'll go nuts if all my efforts were for nothing. Very upset o_O

So far they're telling me that they cannot add the cc. they're telling me i have to make a new reservation and cancel my existing reservation, guess what, they don't have anything remotely in the same calendar as my existing reservation.

wilkeliza

So far they're telling me that they cannot add the cc. they're telling me i have to make a new reservation and cancel my existing reservation, guess what, they don't have anything remotely in the same calendar as my existing reservation.

I was transfered and they are rebooking it right now. They cancel your old reservation and immediately rebook it.

sydneymorganmom

If you already have a reservation, they have to transfer you to a Dine Help CM to add the card, otherwise you have to rebook and won't get anything near where you originally had it. My whole week is pretty much gone so luckily he added the card, gave a new conf# and we're good. Phew!

mikenatcity1

I tried for 2 1/2 hours with more than 400 calls but no luck. I had a friend at work making reservations for the same week as mine. She was able to make the reservation for me BUT got disconnected before getting the confirmation number. She called back and tried again, getting disconnected again! Luckily, I then thought to call DVC and get it booked there! Didn't get my first 3 dates but was able to get the final reservation for December 12- very excited!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
DVC can book for Member and Members ONLY. Member ID and verification IS required! DVC Members need to go that route!

experiment624

I was transfered and they are rebooking it right now. They cancel your old reservation and immediately rebook it.

It must depend on who you talk to. This one said she couldn't do that. I wouldn't accept that answer so she put me on hold. After holding for a while, she did finally come back and say she'll charge me one cent to my card and that should add the cc to my reservation, that worked. (so she says). However, she did reveal that the person that she was on the phone with before me asked her to charge the penny, but she didn't because she didn't know she could do that. She also mentioned several times, they're on a chat/forum trying to get instructions and help; so the agents have no clue what is going on either, they're being fed information from each other as they find it. like us basically.

RSoxNo1

Um the credit card has nothing to do with Next Gen. It has everything to do with the ADR system and people making multiple reservations for the same day and time and then just not showing up to the ones they don't want that day. More than just Disney uses this policy to prevent no shows.

Got through to an agent and they are now transferring me to someone who can add the credit card. Wow this is a mess for them. Glad I'm not a phone agent right now at WDW. The agents are so sweet even though I'm sure it has been a hard day for them.
An automated system that isn't equipped to handle a large volume of calls and a support structure that always gets overwhelemed on days like today as a sign to me that Disney isn't capable of supporting these ambitious technological advancements.

Their existing infrastructure has been horrible for years. I support them improving that but they're adding additional complications that they don't seem equipped to handle.

AmongMadPeople

She also mentioned several times, they're on a chat/forum trying to get instructions and help; so the agents have no clue what is going on either, they're being fed information from each other as they find it. like us basically.

Yes, exactly. If your agent seems distracted and slow, it's probably because they are watching a constant steam of information and chatter about this situation. If you talk to 5 different people, you're also likely to get 5 different responses.

I also wonder how many 1 penny transactions they'll run before today is through? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom