Be Our Guest is impossible to get

disneypops

Original Poster
Well, we made a backup plan and are pretty pleased with it, so I'm less concerned now. Now, my big fear is getting FP+ for Anna and Elsa when they become available. It's always something, isn't it? Ha.

DManRightHere

When we were there last your every single table was occupied and as soon as they would clear off a table they would seat someone else, it is weird that it was so empty for you. I also found it odd people were having so much trouble getting it at 180 + days out. Our 180+ 9 started today and there were and still are multiple times available for 180 + 3 out, infact there are tons of times still showing available, even for thanksgiving day.

Maybe there were very few walk ins when we were there. There were not many people hanging around outside.

ninjaprincesst

Maybe there were very few walk ins when we were there. There were not many people hanging around outside.
There is definetly something off about BOG. It was very odd to me how long Thanksgiving Day ADR stayed available then othera could not get them even at 180 plus ten. Makes me wonder if it is not just the "wonderful" glitchy computer system

ninjaprincesst

Well, we made a backup plan and are pretty pleased with it, so I'm less concerned now. Now, my big fear is getting FP+ for Anna and Elsa when they become available. It's always something, isn't it? Ha.
Good luck! I have heard a lot of people say being there before rope drop is worth it, that the wits are not too terrible.

agorna

I was able to get a BOG reso for 4 in October at my 180 day mark (well 180+3) online without issue.. I was logged onto my act the min. the system allowed for reservations.

good luck to you!

KML

This is my first post. My wife daughter and I are 180+10 today. We had no problem getting 4 BOG dinner reservations and narrowed it down to 2. We got all the times that we wanted. Last year 2013 in June we could only get in for lunch. Good luck keep trying we had a great day getting everything we wanted except 1900 Park Fare for dinner on Thanksgiving

Moniemon97

We got our reservation for August on the 180 day mark, and we waited until the afternoon that day to book. Guess we just got lucky:):happy: Don't give up!

seahawk7

Just keep trying. If there is a cancellation, you could get it.

I'm trying for it too.

I was able to get in for lunch on my trip earlier in May, I just was looking one day and it opened up.
I got a dinner reservation but decided to cancel it since we got a fastpass for lunch. I regretted it as soon as I confirmed the cancellation and tried to get it back, but it was already gone! I think it was ten seconds. So keep trying, maybe you can get lucky.

docandsix

Just go for lunch. It is a very nice setting for a counter service meal, but, in my opinion, not worthy of the price at dinner--crowded, loud, and clunky, with cuisine and service far below the par of similarly priced restaurants around the property. The ambience is overwhelmed and undone by the chaos, the noise, the inelegant seating and the close proximity of the other diners.

mammaminnie

I got a reservation for us this morning(our 180 day mark) but couldn't get it until the end of our 12 day trip. I'm guessing because we are staying so long, most others booking today aren't staying quite as long.

71dsp

We hit our 180-day mark this morning, and we were banging on the server at 5:58am EDT this morning until it started responding. :) BOG was completely booked on the day we wanted (12/4), but we were able to get a very good time for 12/3. Actually we had our choice of 3 different times on 12/3, but they're all booked now. BOG fills up fast. On our trip last year, we had to call, and BOG had only one single time available during our entire trip (and we called on our 180-day mark). Thankfully my wife had figured out a couple of contingency plans for alternate BOG days & times, and we were able to get our second-best choice date and time for BOG. :)

m3owbox

You know I guarantee you that there are tiered levels of seating. A set aside amount of tables for walk in guests. Reservations looked pretty well booked solid and when we ate there monday only half of the room was filled (if that). Maybe businesses are gobbling up reservations for clients and cancelling them when their not needed. Just a couple guesses.
When I went in March we had ADRs and still had to wait about a half hour, when we got in there only half of the place was full and it was for a 6:05 ADR

seahawk7

180 days plus 8 this morning. Up and on the website before 6. And no tables for all 8 days? I'm sorry but that just seems fishy and pretty disappointing. Anyone else have any luck?
Are you interested in the Fastpass+ for lunch? I initially heard you could only make one fastpass+ for lunch, but after we used our first one, we were able to make another one. I know it's not the dinner reservation but we still liked it. Google Be Our Guest Fastpass and it will give you the Disney website. You then use the same user name and password you use for your My Disney Experience.

Kuzcotopia

I was up at 5am (my time) at 180+10, 35 days ago and got 4 different BoG reservations on different days. I ended up cancelling 3 of the 4 but we got in - at a decent time even (6:30pm)

I just cancelled a 5:15 on August 13th, 2014 (I know it's early, we take midday breaks and it works out perfect for us to eat early coming back to the parks).

I also booked two different dinners at 180+10, and since I've just finalized our plans. . . I cancelled the one we didn't need. I wonder how long it will stay open?

TRONorail12

You know I guarantee you that there are tiered levels of seating. A set aside amount of tables for walk in guests. Reservations looked pretty well booked solid and when we ate there monday only half of the room was filled (if that). Maybe businesses are gobbling up reservations for clients and cancelling them when their not needed. Just a couple guesses.

If you dined in the Rose Gallery, then yes, only half of the room would have been filled. They can only seat up to 50% of the Rose Gallery due to the amount of food volume the kitchen can handle at dinner. They had to open the 3rd room due to the overwhelming demand and to help speed up some of the seating, even though the kitchen was not designed to handle that capacity of people.

As far as tiered seating goes, there is none at BOG. A table opens, it gets filled. If a reservation isn't there to fill it immediately, the first walk up at the podium for that size gets it if they are running on time with reservations. If they are behind, then the next res who has checked in gets the table. BOG runs at its table capacity all night, no table will be open for more than about 15-20 mins max waiting for a reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom