• Spaceship Earth Wand At Epcot

Votes: 53 33.1%
  • 25th Anniv. Castle Cake At MK

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • DHS Hat

Votes: 48 30.0%

• Total voters

steviej

gotta go with the wand as the least. I liked that it flashed at night. The worst was the castle, thank god I didn't get there for the first time till 98 lol it would've been hideous seeing that

Goofyernmost

Unlike many, I thought that the 25th Anniv. Castle Cake was fun and creative. We all knew it was temporary and since so many had fits about it, that was pretty much the last time that Disney spent large amounts of money to spice up the park for a special occasion. The Wand didn't bother me much either. I thought that it managed to tie in Epcot with the rest of WDW and created a little excitement. Now the Hat. The Hat itself doesn't upset me, it's location does. When your park Icon is a sales kiosk you have pretty much defined what your intentions are. Get as much as you can from the public.

JIMINYCR

I voted the wand because unlike the others and I could ignore it for the most part. But I would like to add...
Luckily I never got to see the Pepto Pink Castle in person.
When construction began on the Sorcerers Hat, I was hoping it would be some type of Magicians attraction, how cool would that have been?
When the Wand said 2000, I was sure it would be gone for 2001.

Britt

Ok, I dont think I've ever seen HS without the hat, so I have nothing to compare it to, so I voted for it.

That cake is TERRIBLE!

The Empress Lilly

Ok, I dont think I've ever seen HS without the hat
Before%2BHat.jpg
Hollywood%2BBoulevard%2B%252804-1989%2529.jpg

Animaniac93-98

That second picture is fantastic. Notice how the "Blvd" becomes longer without the hat and looks much more like a real time and place than an obviously fake park (That it's shot in B&W only adds to its charm).

pumpkin7

oh no i misread the question in my haste!
i voted the hat because it's the worst and it's always around. at least the other 2 are long gone.
darn oh well.

captainkidd

OK, shoot me. My family actually liked the wand. Much better than just a plain old golf ball.

The Castle Cake was like being in Candyland while the DHS hat is a dumb pin trading store. The simple fact that it's still there makes it the most horrible of the three. When will they put it our of our misery?

Yeah, same for me. I never minded the wand at all.

I have a problem anytime they mess around with the Castle. New York might as well dress up the Statute of Liberty in a party costume for a big birthday event.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
Where's the option for nets under the Tree of Life?
Too new to be an official member of the WDW Eyesore Club. If the nets are still up by next year, then they will gladly be welcomed to the debate. :cool: Though I cannot be too harsh on the nets, as they are there for our protection.

s&k'smom

Had to go with the cake, I remember it and even my husband who is a very quiet person said it was awful, thought it was a shame to cover up the beautiful castle.

Scooter

The Castle Cake was just a bad idea. Never should have happened.
The Hat at Hollywood Studios doesn't bother me in the least.
I miss the wand at EPCOT. I wish they would bring it back. It added sparkle and character to Spaceship Earth.
Geodesic Domes were awesome when they first appeared years ago but now I find their gray color bland and frankly kind of boring by themselves.

Spikerdink

Like others, I don't mind the hat, just the location. Wish it were more in the front of the park before the turnstiles....it would be a great beacon to greet the guests for the day. As an added bonus, the street scene opens back up to the focal point of the Theater which is how it was supposed to be.

The wand was ok for the millenium, but it overstayed its welcome and took away from the look of SE - which I love the look of in its plain, simple beauty.

The cake was just a silly, fun, whimsical event to celebrate a birthday...a giant birthday cake. I voted for this because it came, it fulfilled its purpose and it left....

Ahahaha wow, I have never actually seen the "Cake Castle" but that is absolutely atrocious looking. I can't see any situation where that looks good, especially since it was a transformation of Cinderella Castle which is the most recognizable attraction at WDW. Imagine how much work it took to make that Cake thing and it did not look good. The Epcot Wand wasn't horrible but it was just not needed and definitely had no place in the theme of Epcot.

I feel like a lone soldier but I actually don't mind the Hat. Maybe because I was a kid when it went up and thought it was cool, but i don't hate it.

Nicole

My first WDW trip after living most of my life in the western part of the country was when the Castle Cake was up. I thought it was fun and different and love the "Candyland" comparison someone made earlier in this post.

I also liked the Epcot wand (never got to see the 2000 wand) and don't mind the hat - just wish it was over in the Animation Courtyard area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom