• Spaceship Earth Wand At Epcot

Votes: 53 33.1%
  • 25th Anniv. Castle Cake At MK

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • DHS Hat

Votes: 48 30.0%

• Total voters

wdwfan4ver

I actually saw the cake in 1997 when WDW was still celebrating its 25th anniversary. It was unique and was something that didn't bother me at the time. The other thing is it didn't stay longer than it supposed to.

The Spaceship Earth wand didn't stand out as bad as the Hat despite the Wand didn't belong and over last its welcome.

The Hat is just plain wrong. I am saying that because Park Icons isn't supposed be a pin trading spot. I remembered what it was like before the hat. The hat also blocked the view of the Chinese Theater. The said thing about the Hat is I recalled Meg Crofton saying DHS didn't have a park icon before the hate on one of the shows about Walt Disney World.

crispy

I never actually saw the cake in person, but the pictures don't bother me. I actually liked the wand and was sad to see it go, and I don't mind the hat at all. I am now slowly backing away from this thread and ducking for cover!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I was there for the cake. It never really p*ssed me off that bad.
The wand on Spaceship Earth? I still don't understand the concept behind it.

rodserling27

The thing with that wand is that while its a terrible eyesore and was COMPLETELY unnecessary, it actually didn't block a view of anything. You could still see all of Spaceship Earth and everything around it. The castle cake blocked...well, the castle! And don't even get me started on the hat, in front of the Chinese Theater. Or what's worse is the stage in front of the hat in front of the Chinese theater. What's next, a kiosk in front of a popcorn stand in front of a Mickey meet-n-greet in front of the stage in front of the hat in front of the Chinese theater?

yankspy

I voted for the wand. I just did not think it was as bad as people seem to make it out to have been. I am glad it is gone though.

Now the cake was just bad, bad, bad.

l4dybu6

I voted for the hat..... It needs to be re-located, but it's actually really pretty when light up at night :)

I never got to see the cake in person and I'm thankful for that! I like the castle the way it is :)

The wand was stupid..... And that's that

Jeff456

I didn't mind the wand (I know it's in my DP but it's been the same for years), glad it's gone though. The cake looks horrendous and I am undecided about the Hat but would like to see the Chinese Theatre in all its glory so would welcome its removal.

6laurac

Cake because it was not there when I went, and didn't have to see it. I find the hat lacking in Disney themeing and more like a last minute attempt.

Cmdr_Crimson

8162012.jpg

Hmm..Lemme see....Okay...Hold on a sec...*Hits Button*
EPCOTburned.jpg

Good Enough for me! Moving on..

The Empress Lilly

The cake:
It was fun! And it knew not to overstay its welcome.

The wand:
Anything that diminshes the majesty of SSE is a crime that deserves capital punishment.

The Hat:
I hate it with a passion I can't express on a family forum. The hat isn't an icon, it is a temporary structure that blocks an icon.
Sadly, this 'temporary' happened at the time when WDW decided it didn't want to be an exciting theme park business anymore, but a place to shove known franchises in your face. 'If it isn't Mickey, Sparrow, or Princess/Cars, then it isn't Disney'. How can a beautiful, period specific, theme-making movie theater compete with a celebrity object in such an atmopshere? The hat will never leave again now.

twinnstar

i voted for the cake, only because the hat is just BLEH and in the gosh darn way of everything, and the wand makes me SO LIVID, that i went as far to cut it out of my WDW pop up book this morning, when this post reminded me it was there!!!!

Kramerica

I never really got why people never really liked the hat. I don't mind it.. I mean yeah, it's not as amazing as the ball, castle or tree. And it doesn't really fit with the theming. But. I dunno. It's alright. The cake castle on the other hand. Whew...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Menopausal women in too tight clothing that belongs to their daughters or weirdos dressed like Disney employees......are bigger eyesores, shirley?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom