Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

socaljoeyb

Original Poster
From Screamscape. A rumor that the new Tokyo BatB ride will be replacing Pinocchio and Snow White. I dont think it would fit personally....

"Ok… back? So far this all sounds fantastic,, but remember what I said about there being a cost to pay. Space in Fantasyland is very limited and to put in a new dark ride of this scale will mean the removal of existing attractions… and often the choice comes down to removing the ones with the smallest lines. In this case, I’m hearing that Pinocchio’s Daring Journey and Snow White’s Scary Adventure may both be on the chopping block to make room. The two inhabit the same large structure on the west side of Fantasyland, and the alternative would be to remove the three classic dark rides on the east side instead: Peter Pan’s Flight, Mr Toad’s Wild Ride and Alice in Wonderland. Unfortunately Pinocchio and Snow White probably have shorter lines mainly because they are much higher capacity attractions, as Peter Pan and Mr. Toad vehicles only fit two riders."

George Lucas on a Bench

This would probably ruin years of my life as opposed to the female Ghostbusters movie, which only ruined 45 minutes of my life (including the trailer runtime) before I turned it off. The difference is that you could just put on Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II afterwards and restore yourself to sanity. These Disney theme park replacements tend to be permanent.

ThemeParkTraveller

There's not nearly enough space there. TDL's BatB attraction is over 80,000 square feet for the show building alone. Snow White + Pinocchio combined aren't even a third of that size. Unless they plan to build a greatly scaled down version, I don't see this rumor having any weight. In addition, I believe OLC also have exclusivity on that ride for some time.

TP2000

Preposterous.

Using very generous amounts of space on Google Earth, the entire west Fantasyland facility; Red Rose Taverne, Pinocchio, Snow White and the Princess Boutique plus the back of house stuff and the remaining patch of blacktop behind this facility, you get 37,500 square feet.

The actual square footage of this existing facility is about 30,000 square feet, but pretending you pushed it out to the boundaries of the planters and dining patio and walkways, you get 37,500 square feet max.

To get something closer to 50,000 square feet you'd need to close all of Princess Fantasy Faire and the attached shop.

If Tokyo's ride is 80,000 square feet, which I could believe based on the scale and space in their Fantasyland expansion area, then this ride would never work in the existing courtyard of dark rides. It could work up in the old Motor Boat Cruise lagoon. But definitely not in any existing Fantasyland space around the Castle proper.

Stevek

If Tokyo's ride is 80,000 square feet, which I could believe based on the scale and space in their Fantasyland expansion area, then this ride would never work in the existing courtyard of dark rides. It could work up in the old Motor Boat Cruise lagoon. But definitely not in any existing Fantasyland space around the Castle proper.

Motor Boat Lagoon...exactly where this or any other FL expansion should go.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Preposterous.

Using very generous amounts of space on Google Earth, the entire west Fantasyland facility; Red Rose Taverne, Pinocchio, Snow White and the Princess Boutique plus the back of house stuff and the remaining patch of blacktop behind this facility, you get 37,500 square feet.

The actual square footage of this existing facility is about 30,000 square feet, but pretending you pushed it out to the boundaries of the planters and dining patio and walkways, you get 37,500 square feet max.

To get something closer to 50,000 square feet you'd need to close all of Princess Fantasy Faire and the attached shop.

Well it wouldn't fit if you're only thinking was it could only be a single story attraction. But if they reconfigured it to be a two story attraction, you could make it fit in that space.

However with all that said, no I don't think it'll come to FL, but rather the Motor Boat area as you said.

Animaniac93-98

Preposterous.

What do you mean?

Of course they can put a Tokyo Disneyland Fantasyland ride in one of the American castle park's buildings. I mean, it worked before?

I don't see the difference. 🤷‍♂️

🙃

choco choco

It's not just the ground square feet calculations that don't make any sense, the vertical elevation doesn't make sense either. The BATB building (as almost all e-tickets are these days) are very high buildings, and putting a building of that height would ruin views down main street toward the castle, as the two building that flank castle would be asymmetrical...and it would further be silly because said building would also ruin the scale of Disneyland's modest castle...and it would dwarf the mr. toad/peter pan complex exactly across the way.

This is why
Well it wouldn't fit if you're only thinking was it could only be a single story attraction. But if they reconfigured it to be a two story attraction, you could make it fit in that space.
is practically unfeasible.

The whole premise of Screamscape's post is false. There is plenty of land for Fantasyland, it probably is the land that can be most comfortably expanded at Disneyland.

SuddenStorm

In a recent Micechat podcast discussing rumors/news- good ole Dusty Sage said he wouldn't be surprised to see Snow White and Pinocchio go in the next decade or so.

Snow White's Scary Adventures is a ride based on Walt's film that set the standard for each of his successive animated films. It's vital to Disney's DNA as a company. It's also a dark ride inside Walt's original park- where I think Walt's original animated film deserves that kind of represention.

The day they get rid of Snow White is the day I never set foot in Disneyland again- cause at a certain point I'd rather miss the place than see it devolve into something that's unrecognizable. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom